• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I did! Blame Greg, I did everything for him and he repaid me with heartbreak.

This thing is probably not going past this season. Might as well finish it out.

I dont guarantee that I wont leave before it ends!

Bread

Banned
I really dislike this years madden and I unknowingly picked a team that didn't have a draft pick so I'm completely demoralized. Fuck Goff!

Gg cheeto. You got boned on some drops and that instant int. On the other hand one time kap slid when I just pressed square to throw and another time I tried to slide properly and fumbled

CB3

Home field is too good. They should just start blurring the play arts and making your D-line jump NCAA style.

I couldn't run, almost every contested pass was either a drop or a pick, and the ones that weren't you were inside my head and I panicked. I have a hard enough time beating you if everything is neutral but when the game is working against me as much as it does this year it just isn't fun.

I mean I got hit as I threw and its picked. Kaep gets hit as he throws and completes a deep out. Kaepernick completes passes he couldn't complete in a dome with no defenders around, while Russell sails passes he makes every Sunday.

It just isn't fun anymore. Unless they patch the game to fix the running game and tone down HFA, I just can't see myself playing beyond this season.

CB3

Then you should beat me next week in philly, which you wont

sUUTpuo.gif

I couldn't run, almost every contested pass was either a drop or a pick, and the ones that weren't you were inside my head and I panicked. I have a hard enough time beating you if everything is neutral but when the game is working against me as much as it does this year it just isn't fun.

I mean I got hit as I threw and its picked. Kaep gets hit as he throws and completes a deep out. Kaepernick completes passes he couldn't complete in a dome with no defenders around, while Russell sails passes he makes every Sunday.

It just isn't fun anymore. Unless they patch the game to fix the running game and tone down HFA, I just can't see myself playing beyond this season.

I think that is a given since a bunch of people arent playing beyond this season :(

EA needs to iron out the bugs, add the website back, and be transparent about the systems working behind the scene/give league owners controls of them

I remember when everyone said this was the best on field madden yet.

I was ahead of the curve.

My game with bluemax was pretty funny. I threw a bad pick on the first play or something which was returned for a touchdown, then had a WR deflect a ball into the air which was picked and for the rest of the game I may have just picked a random pass button because Mariotta wasn't within 10 yards of the intended target. And I was at home! So, at least confidence trumps HFA!

I think completely gutting experience is what ultimately killed the game though.

I'm with the discord channel, let's do NHL next year!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I think the running game is fine but my OL sucks and everyone stacks the box against me cause they know what's up. Are you sure you arent facing the same problems.

I think people probably just got too used to inside zone and trap schemes being broken last year so they expect to be able to peel off 5 yards per carry without thinking.

DCX

DCX
The changes in the running game were hard for me to overcome. The games I was lucky to win last season, I'm losing this season and that's just the game.

Hard for me to complain with the season I had last season and I don't want to be a hypocrite when I'm 1-3 this season. I will finish it out and would play next season if there is interest.

DCX

BigAT

I've been able to run fairly effectively this year with a decidedly mediocre/bad offensive line and no real talent at running back. I think you just need to be dedicated to the run, which no one in the league ever is.

I will say that shotgun draw and shotgun inside zone isn't the free yardage it was last year so that probably sucks for some people, but I never ran that anyway so it hasn't affected me.

I was ahead of the curve:

This game is a piece of garbage.

DCX

DCX
I think people probably just got too used to inside zone and trap schemes being broken last year so they expect to be able to peel off 5 yards per carry without thinking.
More so the changes to the animations and "double juke" techniques that's been in Madden forever.

Sure inside zone was overpowered but I felt the control was nuked and made slower to help the defensive with its new additions this year in logic.

Just like most things, you fix one thing and something else breaks.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've been able to run fairly effectively this year with a decidedly mediocre/bad offensive line and no real talent at running back. I think you just need to be dedicated to the run, which no one in the league ever is.

I will say that shotgun draw and shotgun inside zone isn't the free yardage it was last year so that probably sucks for some people, but I never ran that anyway so it hasn't affected me.

I was ahead of the curve:

Hey man I have had games with 20 rushing attempts for 40 yards. Don't lump me in!

DCX

DCX
Hey man I have had games with 20 rushing attempts for 40 yards. Don't lump me in!
I give up on it too early. I always feel like I get behind on down and distance and just rather throw.

Gotta do better especially with a mountain of a man at TE.

DCX

Sokantish

I run a lot, the last two weeks I have gained a very small amount of yards but I feel like I have to keep trying to run because it saves me from throwing a million picks

Greg

I still like this year's version a lot

QB fumble rate is terrible though. I like that it gives more incentive for pressures (vs. last year when you could just 'throw it away' before contact), but too often it turns sacks into something game-changing

and they give you more control of player movement in the run game, but while playing online the animations often work against themselves in tight situations, so big success feels cheap and much more reliant on extremes of attributes than user control (breaking tackles you have no control of, beating players to the outside using unrealistic angles, running away from the design of the play)

too many of the new animations make receivers look completely clueless working towards the sidelines/back to the QB, and often take control completely from you while in favorable positions

that awkward forced handicap of QB movement up the middle

Top Bottom