• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

I didn't watch the whole game so maybe you stopped but it seemed you hot route every play

Well maybe you should watch the game then before making assumptions for Smokey?

If I'm calling slant routes every single play as a hot route, then yea, that shit would get annoying. I used some hot routes, almost never more than one on a single play. The most used hot route was putting one of my wide outs on a go route if on the off chance he was able to get a break away so I could bomb it. The majority of my plays did not have a hot route.

My first drive, had at most, a single hot route based on the play calls I have written down, the only one I would set a hot route on would be HB Option (just looked back, I didn't have a hot route on this drive)

Second drive, I will usually hot route the HB Angle play that calls for the slot receiver to do a flat route, and turn it into an out route. Z-spot usually has a hot route with one of the shorter stub routes, simply because I don't like routes that have players standing still at the end of their route. Pats Slot Out had a wide out hot routed to a go route.

Fourth drive: I had a HB go on a swing route for Drive Post for a hot route. Double Ins maybe had a hot routed go route, can't remember.

Fifth drive, I think Y sail had the slot receiver go on a drag or a slant? Can't remember.

And even on those plays where I hot routed, there are plenty where I didn't target the hot route on the pass, so if he thinks that every hot route made was my instant target, then he's wrong.

I already posted literally every play call and target of the first three quarters before Smokey burned clock down. If you think those targets and routes are "same 2 plays bullshit" then I don't know what to tell you.

Pretty much.

Then you're kidding yourself if you think you were remotely "cheated" out of that game because I "ran the same 2 plays"

My playback is on my channel, I invite anyone to go watch it if they give a shit or are curious. It's absolutely ridiculous just had to write up my play calling, shit is a waste of my time.

https://www.twitch.tv/thelostbigboss/v/89616593

Smokey

I watched it. It was either a cross route to Gronk, a play with hb flat option, or houte route out. So 3 different plays, not two like I originally stated.

I watched it. It was either a cross route to Gronk, a play with hb flat option, or houte route out. So 3 different plays, not two like I originally stated.

I'm not going to try and plead my case when I already printed out my entire god damn play list + targets + hot routes on specific plays.

If you want to live in Smokey land and pretend you were wronged because your blitzes didn't come home and I read your shit a mile away, that's on you.

BigAT

giphy.gif

Splat

I'm not going to try and plead my case when I already printed out my entire god damn play list + targets + hot routes on specific plays.

If you want to live in Smokey land and pretend you were wronged because your blitzes didn't come home and I read your shit a mile away, that's on you.
Stop having check downs and throwing to your best receiving target, dummy

Smokey

I already told you to fuck off once, now I'm telling you to go jump in the ocean with a weight around your neck, lilfukboi

2am running same 3 plays

DJ Bowser

Hey Bowser whats your schedule looking like to play? I can go as early as 6 PST or later friday, anytime on saturday, but morning would be better
Late tonight should work. If we played tomorrow morning it would have to be before 2:30 EST. Otherwise, late Saturday night or Sunday daytime would work.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Not sure if I screwed myself royally but I just signed Bell to a 7 year $104 million dollar deal today.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
you know you have all season to negotiate with players once they open up negotiations, right?

At least Bell is young and will last all of Madden 17

Yea I do know that. I figure I just want to lock him up for as long as we are going to play this year. Last year we went 3 full seasons. I love running with Bell so I knew I wanted to keep him and signing him for 7 years made the salary cap hit way less than it would have been.

DJ Bowser

Not sure if I screwed myself royally but I just signed Bell to a 7 year $104 million dollar deal today.
I've got to franchise tag Reshad Jones because my first signing attempt was apparently unacceptable.

Oops.

Also, Reshad The God on the trade block for a first round pick!

Top Bottom