• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2005 Thread

Fifty

Along with updating the color of your name, for premium pass people, they have also changed the EA messenger to allow you to see what game everyone on your list is playing. It used to either say what they're doing in Madden, or merely "Online" but now it'll show the title of the game.

Fifty

I hate Madden and it hates me
It's as fun as fun can be!

When he fumbles
Look he scores
Fifty's players are sleeping with whores

My defenders knock it down
Throwing interceptions make me frown

I lost my mind and it's ok
My secondary must be gay

Running game is doing fine
Another loss must be mine

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That rocked and summed up your last 3 games perfectly.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Fifty said:
I hate Madden and it hates me
It's as fun as fun can be!

When he fumbles
Look he scores
Fifty's players are sleeping with whores

My defenders knock it down
Throwing interceptions make me frown

I lost my mind and it's ok
My secondary must be gay

Running game is doing fine
Another loss must be mine

Ok, Fifty, that was wonderful. Post of the night.

Mrbob

Well I'm starting to see the field better in Madden and am starting to finally bear witness to the super dbs in this game.

You'll have one on one man coverage with a Fly out play. You'll have the db beat but once you throw the ball the db gets this burst of speed and catches up to knock the pass down. A little disappointing Madden had to go this route, but I guess it is the less of two evils between this and ESPN.

Mini camp games are hella fun. This game is a blast for the most part.

Ristamar

Mrbob said:
You'll have one on one man coverage with a Fly out play. You'll have the db beat but once you throw the ball the db gets this burst of speed and catches up to knock the pass down. A little disappointing Madden had to go this route, but I guess it is the less of two evils between this and ESPN.

Yeah, that is annoying. It seems you can overcome the problem if you try to overthrow your receiver, switch to him, and hold in the turbo to manually break away and make the catch. Unfortunately, I suck at it.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mrbob said:
Well I'm starting to see the field better in Madden and am starting to finally bear witness to the super dbs in this game.

Mini camp games are hella fun. This game is a blast for the most part.

Actually, Madden is the game where I feel that I can still burn DB's. And get burnt (lions suck). The pursuit speed doesn't seem that way to me at all. My frustration with ESPN is that I rarely get YAC because of the gang pursuit (which doesn't seem to notice slider settings for PURSUIT). Some of the one hit tackle animations for Madden are annoying, STILL!, but I actually like the fact that I can get a long bomb off on a mismatch.

Bowser

Guys, let me know if I made a good trade (this is in my franchise mode):

Mushin Muhammad + 1st round pick for Chad Johnson and a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

KingV

I've been having problems defending the running back in the flats. Was playing against The 'Skins the other night and Portis was open every play, no matter what D I picked or what route he called. The guy kept running way back with the QB and long bombing it to right over the line of scrimmage. Than all of my DB's were out with their man in bum fuck and clinton portis would run for like 20 yards. Couldn't seem to beat those plays. It was... annoying to say the least.

king V, defensive hot route for your OLB's to cover the flats (pick a player and push Right on the right stick and he will cover the flats). what i usually do is send one DE to one flat, and i pick the other DE and if i see a RB go out i go cover him.

Bowser

I've found using (in the PS2 verison) triangle + left to be great (at least on stupid computer opponents). That's the command to fake a blitz. It brings everyone to the line, but they still have their assignments. If you do this when it's a run play, it's a guaranteed loss for the opponent (COMPUTER OPPONENT; I'm sure experience people can easily torch you if you do what I do :p), and even on pass plays I usually make the QB have to hold it long enough for me to get the sack. That's how I got 6 sacks on 3:00 quarters with Kris Jenkins :D (had it on 3:00 qtrs cause I wanted to play a quick game, but I was pressed for time; usually play 5:00 qtrs).

i got a 94 yard TD run in my last game with Kbar against an online opponent who "fake blitzed" everyone to the line. it doesn't always guarantee a run stop, but it does most of the time

Bowser

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i got a 94 yard TD run in my last game with Kbar against an online opponent who "fake blitzed" everyone to the line. it doesn't always guarantee a run stop, but it does most of the time

If you do this when it's a run play, it's a guaranteed loss for the opponent (COMPUTER OPPONENT; I'm sure experience people can easily torch you if you do what I do :p)

:p

edit: BTW, what do you think the trade I made?:

Muhammad + 1st rd pick for Chad Johnson + 2nd rd pick + 3rd rd pick

you actually got a good deal out of that, because chad johnson is very good right now in this game, and that 1st rounder could turn out to be garbage. i've played in a few franchises (simming here and there and playing others) and i've had some receivers i picked in the mid-rounds develop into top players. i would take that trade anyday of the weak. muhammed is ok, but he's gettin old and chad johnson is the real deal

alejob

hey madden is $46.95 at amazon.com, super deal! I still don't have it. Can't find a PS2 anywhere.
outpost deal is still better though.

it's really crowding the line... you can put 9 men in the box, but formations stay. I honestly don't use it too often when playing online or offline for that matter...

Slo

Thanks guys, I'm having a terrible time stopping the run. Putting 9 in the box might be a gamble I try quite a bit. :D

Ramirez

I hate that stacking the line shit,its amazing how people can do that against 4-5 wide and still cover everyone perfectly :p

Bowser

Ramirez said:
I hate that stacking the line shit,its amazing how people can do that against 4-5 wide and still cover everyone perfectly :p

I admit it's cheesy, which is why I only use it against the computer :p Against human opponents I don't use it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
MAJOR Madden glitchery all over the place. I knew something was up when I noticed my men would suddenly start getting beat for streaks all over the place when I was playing this guy. Re-matched him & the same shit happened. Just found out what it is he was doing.

When you formation shift, it lowers the defenses fatigue level (WTF!? why I have no idea).
Now just imagine what happens if someones formation shifts multiple times coming out of the huddle or during a drive. I've seen my DBs look as if they're running in ultra slow motion. Worst glitch ever!

PhatSaqs

Banned
You sure this works? Sounds like the real counter to this crap is to play with fatigue off which is what EA is doing for the Madden Challenge tournies. Vick players should love this. :lol

um why wouldn't it work? you're saying the problem is they're running your CB's before the play, causing fatigue. what "man lock off" means is that your D disguises the defense so even if you're playing man to man defense, the CB won't follow the receiver, he will be covered by the closest defender wherever he ends up.

shpankey

not an idiot
FMT, I think he was saying the problem is that the receivers that are running the DB's are not getting fatigued, only the defense (?). Which would be a bug I suppose.

Fifty

I have played 62 games online, and I have not seen one single PI call. Can someone tell me that pass interference is in this game? Because I don't believe it is.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I havent even seen PI offline.

Ramirez

I've seen it ONCE online and that was when I took Polamalu and Hit Sticked a WR just to see if they would call it,lmao!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Fifty said:
I have played 62 games online, and I have not seen one single PI call. Can someone tell me that pass interference is in this game? Because I don't believe it is.

It's not offline either, even when you mess with sliders :( penalty calling is wack.

Fifty

That's just pathetic.

This game is out to get me. I hadn't had any DDEs so far, until yesterday...I was winning and I got a DDE, which resulted in a disconnection...which gives me a loss. I was also winning tonight, when I had a DDE, and got a loss. I proceeded to play poorly in both rematches.

Matrix

Fifty...you scored that first game? why does it say 0-0.

Also the Ravens suck ass in this game....wakeup and smell the shitty O :p

PhatSaqs

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
um why wouldn't it work? you're saying the problem is they're running your CB's before the play, causing fatigue. what "man lock off" means is that your D disguises the defense so even if you're playing man to man defense, the CB won't follow the receiver, he will be covered by the closest defender wherever he ends up.
Tested it with some friends. Doesnt work. The glitch occurs regardless of man, zone, man lock on/off. I think the only way to combat it is to turn fatigue off.

This is what this glitch can do to your defenders

oh phat, from your first post about it i was thinking you were getting beat on fly routes because they would formation shift and the CB would have to "chase" the receivers position before the snap, now i see what you're saying. you playing on XBL? i haven't seen it yet, but if it becomes a major problem i hope they patch it.

Bob White

That glitch is inexcusable, I must try it right away

I just did it in a few games.

And.....

FUCK YOU, EA! YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS KILLED ONLINE PLAY! HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU LET THIS GAME KILLING BUG GET IN THE GAME?!?!?!?!

I showed as many people as I could and told people how to do it. Why? Cause I want online play to die off and people to start getting MAD. This shit is FUCKED UP, and we need to get our money back. EA must get backlash.

Ramirez

I'm sure they can patch it...how the fuck do people figure out how to do this shit in the first place?I swear I don't know why some of these lamers even buy football games,it isn't like they want to play a game of football. -_-

Bob White

Funny that I learn about this glitch today. Last night I got RAPED by some dude using the falcons. Score was 60 - 20 something.

I didn't know why my defense was so slow. He had been doing the slow mo trick, but not enough for me to notice. He'd do it a few times but I thought nothing of it. To me, he was just adjusting to my defense. I thought I had lost fare and square. But I did find it weird that his offense would keep running back and forth across the field.

Now that I know that the motherfucker was cheating, I feel a whole lot better.

But still, fuck EA.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
I'm sure they can patch it...how the fuck do people figure out how to do this shit in the first place?I swear I don't know why some of these lamers even buy football games,it isn't like they want to play a game of football. -_-

It probably was found by accident. People going to the line, seeing a defense they didn't anticipate, then switching to counter it and not knowing what they are doing, actually cycling through 3 or 4 plays/formations. Then noticing the effect of this.

Regardless, this is pretty unacceptable from Tiburon Q&A and the team that does the AI scripting. I would hope it's somewhat fixable, but I kind of have my doubts. I don't know if they've prepared for this...

Drey1082

That is a really crappy glitch. I wonder if this was in the 2004 version and no one noticed, since fatigue seems to work the same way in that game.

Top Bottom