• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2005 Thread

BlackMage

Banned
I hate you guys that are buying it for the xbox! What about our tourneys?!?! Traitors! How am i supposed to claim the championship when my potential opponents are playing on a different console?! I'm not buying the game twice, dammit!!

BlackMage

DJ_Tet

Banned
Then buy it for xbox, pretty simple

It's the best controller for anyone who ever played games before PS1, it's the best online network, and it's got the best graphics.

BlackMage

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
Then buy it for xbox, pretty simple

It's the best controller for anyone who ever played games before PS1, it's the best online network, and it's got the best graphics.

NO! You're RETARDED!!!

shpankey

not an idiot
Jonny said:
I hate you guys that are buying it for the xbox! What about our tourneys?!?! Traitors! How am i supposed to claim the championship when my potential opponents are playing on a different console?! I'm not buying the game twice, dammit!!

BlackMage

boohoo.gif
cry.gif
cry2.gif
crying.gif

waaaaaaaaaa

Fifty

What Wasabi doesn't realize is that they're quoting EA Sports Radio ;)

I'm sorry! Back to Madden talk! ..........Junior.

shpankey

not an idiot
waa waa waa, all you little bitches can cork it... some of us don't have SHIT... we don't even have a single team in any pro sport AT ALL, we don't even get to lose. at least your shitty teams are in the game.

My Sooners keep me smilin' tho' w00t

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Stop with the penis measuring contest already!

We are all fans of franchises that have wronged us, lets move on now! God damn, all of you sound like a bunch of GIRLS. GIRLS! With no breasts!

Shut it! MJ gave you the best years of your life! Your life has been blessed! Your Bucs gave you a championship....shit your Mariners even make the playoffs every now and then,again I say "your life is blessed!"

DJ_Tet

Banned
Matrix said:
Shut it! MJ gave you the best years of your life! Your life has been blessed! Your Bucs gave you a championship....shit your Mariners even make the playoffs every now and then,again I say "your life is blessed!"

Word, no offense dude, but fairweather fans like you don't have room to talk.

Damnit, we got moved to the NFL thread, act accordingly FMT :)

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Ramirez said:
Madden's got the same new running as NCAA doesn't it?
new running game? the only thing i saw was the new animation for agile backs whenthey make sharp pivots. otherwise the running game is the same as it always was.

actually the running game got at least 2 significant changes.

1. not only do the runners actually "cut", but they shift off o-lineman often times so as not to be caught running in place.

2. the Triangle/Y button is no longer used to hurdle. runners will auto-hurdle now. the triangle/Y button is to shoulder charge, much like ESPN football.

perhaps 2 non-important changes, but i think they'll end up being nice

Maverick

FrenchMovieTheme said:

1. not only do the runners actually "cut", but they shift off o-lineman often times so as not to be caught running in place.

2. the Triangle/Y button is no longer used to hurdle. runners will auto-hurdle now. the triangle/Y button is to shoulder charge, much like ESPN football.

curtis35.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

FrenchMovieTheme said:

perhaps 2 non-important changes, but i think they'll end up being nice

rock.gif

I hated getting caught behind the line or 'stuck'.

Fifty

Yeah, that was one of ESPN's biggest advantages. I hope they pull it off just as well, if not better than ESPN.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Miguel said:
wemustprotectthishouse.jpg

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Hah I screamed that in Week 1 last year, Panthers Vs Jags. Jags were up 17-0 at half. I wonder if people knew what I was screaming, the advert was very new at that time. It's a great quote to scream at an NFL game though :)

Miguel

DJ_Tet said:
Hah I screamed that in Week 1 last year, Panthers Vs Jags. Jags were up 17-0 at half. I wonder if people knew what I was screaming, the advert was very new at that time. It's a great quote to scream at an NFL game though :)

Pfth

I HAD A SIGN WITH IT WRITTEN ON THERE! Weird...it was Texans vs Jags.

Texans were down 3, and I had been holding up the sign all game. A few people eventually turned around and saw it...and were like "YEAAAAH!H!H!H!H!H WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!! WOOOOO!!! just SCREAMING their asses off...the stadium started growing louder and louder as the Texans got closer and closer to the endzone. Finally...
....the Texans are on the goal line. 2 seconds left. There's a time out.

....David Carr is coming onto the field...what?

!_!_!__!_!_!_!_!@_@@@_@__@_@_@_@ THEY'RE GOING FOR THE TD!!??!?!

THE Crowd ERUPTED

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CARR DIVES OVER A PACK OF LINEMEN FOR THE WIN!

RELIANT STADIUM EXPLODES!!!! TEXANS START THE SEASON 2-2!

Man...that game was fucking awesome.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
Pfth

Texans were down 3, and I had been holding up the sign all game. A few people eventually turned around and saw it...and were like "YEAAAAH!H!H!H!H!H WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!! WOOOOO!!! just SCREAMING their asses off...the stadium started growing louder and louder as the Texans got closer and closer to the endzone. Finally...

THE Crowd ERUPTED

That game gave me wood.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Miguel said:
Pfth

THE Crowd ERUPTED

Dom is known for going for the win over the tie/overtime. I love Dom Capers.

And pttfhh, week 1 vs. week 4 or 5 depending on your bye week ;)

Our game against the Jags was epic. Down 17-0 at halftime I was questioning why the hell I spent $45 to go to the freaking game. Jake Delhome came in during the first Panthers series, and my worries were answered during a 4th and goal pass to Ricky Proehl to take the lead! I was screaming my chant throughout the whole game though.

Miguel

WE STARTED THIS THING
AND NOW THAT WE'RE ON TOP
EVERYBODY'S TRYING TO KNOCK US OFF
IT'S US...
VERSUS THEM!
WE MUST PROTECT
THIS
HOUSE

WILL YOU PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!?!??!

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

DJ_Tet

Banned
It's a great thing. The two I went to the Jags game with didn't even know the ad campaign. After 3 quarters of me screaming like an idiot "We must protect this Haause!" they caught on though ;)

When I went to the playoff game against Dallas, I think a significant amount of people around me knew what I was talking about, while against the Jags people just thought I was nuts!

Ramirez

Looks good,those Orange Bungals jerseys look hot!

I wish they would redo the player models though,only beef I have with the game.

Fifty

I'd pay $100

Seriously....IF THEY WORKED.

Godammit I want Madden now.

Premium content means not everyone will sign up for it, but maybe, just maybe we can have a small, working GA league.

It's funny.....normally people would have every right to say EA is wrong for charging....and many people will still say that. But after ESPN dropping the ball like they have, people will be suprisingly willing to pay for these. If ESPN had only delivered....

PS2 gamers I need some info, I need to know what button does what on PS2 controller for Madden04. I'm going to be in a tourney today. The winner receives a free copy of Madden05.

Ramirez

Hate to break it to ya,but I don't think you'll be winning,lmao!!

I'm down to pay as long as it isn't real high,10 bucks would be fair,IMO,already getting 50 for the friggin game :p

Ramirez said:
Hate to break it to ya,but I don't think you'll be winning,lmao!!

I'm down to pay as long as it isn't real high,10 bucks would be fair,IMO,already getting 50 for the friggin game :p

Actually I think I have a good chance, I have gotten very good at stopping Vick. Reading defenses have be come a specialty. Defense, lets just say I get alot of INT's.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
Hey look,in that video DBs actually DEFEND the deep pass,lmao.

Madden is so unrealistic. Anyone who has played ESPN 2K5 knows that DBs and safeties quit on the plays when the ball goes farther then 25 yards. VC is your god!

DMczaf

Nathan works for EA Online

Originally Posted by EASO Nathan
Guys,

the annoucement won't be till later in the week. Sorry. We want to make sure everything is polished before going live with it.

Top Bottom