• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2008 Xbox 360 League Interest Thread: Obey your Master... Master!

5x900w8.jpg

variance

how come my name wasn't in the first post at all? is this only for people who've played in a gaf league before or something?

:(

Birdman02

Birdman02 said:
I want in this one if there's room. Team doesn't really matter to me (since FMT and a few others would want my 49ers). i'll take whoever is left.

I finally got in my 1st GAF madden league at the end of last year, and I want some more of that action.
Hopefully better than my 6-10 effort last season :(

GT: Birdman1702

EDIT: Looks like the Jets are still open...I'll take them

Apparentyl, I was overlooked too. :(

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Jube3 said:
Go Patriots! :D
GT: Ayo Jube
Holy shit what a pick. Can't believe they were open. That team is going to be the most used team hands down this year. People just follow Moss in madden and now that their team is stacked in game, oh god. This is going to be the worst year in history of lobby cheese in history I can feel it already.

bosevan

HEY GUYS im down for the titans and I am from Nashville so I would love them!! Sorry I was so late with posting!
Bonsevan

Mrbob

I wish Hito would buy a 360 and a copy of the game and join our league. :D

I'm focused this year, LIKE A LASER. No more messing around the first half of the season, only to make a late second half season comeback.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
I wish Hito would buy a 360 and a copy of the game and join our league. :D

I'm focused this year, LIKE A LASER. No more messing around the first half of the season, only to make a late second half season comeback.

Fraud of the Year.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
The only fraud I see is the one proclaiming a super bowl victory in what was the equivalent of a strike ridden season!

Official = Official.

Don't get mad at me because you haven't SNIFFED the playoffs since your Fraud Superbowl!

You're a big fat phony!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone have 07 and want to get a game in?

Striker: if you want, we could have a playoff for which one of use gets to use the Giants.

Zep

Banned
lol...didnt I clown you for missing the playoffs last year? You have no choice but to make it, honestly.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Anyone have 07 and want to get a game in?

Striker: if you want, we could have a playoff for which one of use gets to use the Giants.
360 or ps2 version? Was playing Miguel on PS2 the other day...it was a shutout slaughter as usual...poor MiG. :( I could use an ass whoopin'!

Zep

Banned
Oh yea...since this game doesnt have bs 1on1 tackling anymore, whats the decision on MPG? 5mins only worked cause there was always one breakout run that evened things out somewhat. I'd personally like 6min quarters.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
360 or ps2 version? Was playing Miguel on PS2 the other day...it was a shutout slaughter as usual...poor MiG. :( I could use an ass whoopin'!

Zep I was playing this morning on 07, I knew it was a run play to the left and of course I stacked that side. Julius Jones throws Osi to the ground and squirms his way out of a tackle from Emmons (who can't though...) to a TD. The running game was so overpowered last year it was ridiculous.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
The running game was so overpowered last year it was ridiculous.

Especially our first game of last season. I swear my entire defense was on their back at the start of each play. All you had to do was call a toss play and watch your WRs man handle my CBs and Safeties -_-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
Especially our first game of last season. I swear my entire defense was on their back at the start of each play. All you had to do was call a toss play and watch your WRs man handle my CBs and Safeties -_-
To be fair, Plax is one of the best blocking WRs in the league! Score!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I fear Madden this year. I guess they are gonna patch the game and take Vick out of it. :(

Joey better have a decent arm cause I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

And I guess I'll just delete the update every time I want to play a game offline. :) There is always a silver lining.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
I fear Madden this year. I guess they are gonna patch the game and take Vick out of it. :(

Joey better have a decent arm cause I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

And I guess I'll just delete the update every time I want to play a game offline. :) There is always a silver lining.

Doesn't matter. Falcons have always been overrated. They could have half their starters missing (which half their starters are always injured by year end anyway) and still play at a level higher than most teams.

Rorschach

Well, I'll play either version, but I prefer PS2. :(

True: it's about time to get off Vick's nutts. :\

Joey Harrington future!

bluemax

Banned
Big Zep said:
lol...didnt I clown you for missing the playoffs last year? You have no choice but to make it, honestly.

Did you? I had a tough schedule in the first season but still missed by like a game or two. Considering I was new to the 360 and what not I thought I did pretty well. I had a couple of games that had I played better in would've put me over the top.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
bluemax said:
Did you? I had a tough schedule in the first season but still missed by like a game or two. Considering I was new to the 360 and what not I thought I did pretty well. I had a couple of games that had I played better in would've put me over the top.

I think you came back pretty well after the first game of the season :)

LukeSmith

Truelize said:

He. Kills. Dogs. There is no forgiveness. Doesn't Calgary have a football team yet?
979-02.jpg

Wellington said:
Doesn't matter. Falcons have always been overrated. They could have half their starters missing (which half their starters are always injured by year end anyway) and still play at a level higher than most teams.

Look forward to playing you again Wellington

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
It appears that if I get this game, MrBob has instructed me to get the 360 version. If any of you guys need a warm body to beat up on, just let me know. Hopefully, I will have an X360 before Madden and Bioshock drop.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wonder how well I'm going to do using Schaub and not Carr.

Ive lost Carr's overrated arm.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Another 37-0 playoff loss in the cards? ;)

Silence!

Fluke!

Silence!

Zep

Banned
sableholic said:
I'll believe it when I see it :D
That's not even my favorite play in madden you are forgetting my best running play

I mustve stopped it...

Wait...are you talking about

The Counter?!

ugh.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I wonder how well I'm going to do using Schaub and not Carr.

Ive lost Carr's overrated arm.

I'll take Schaub back. :p He was good in last years game, I don't know how good he is with the long ball but his accuracy was decent.

Hey anyone know if the cone is still in the game?

Top Bottom