• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2008 Xbox 360 League Interest Thread: Obey your Master... Master!

Slo

Maestro can have the Vikes season 1, I'll take the Bengals.

If he doesn't show, then I want my team.

Birdman02

Wellington said:
The ten teams left are:

Saints
Dolphins
Cards
Bengals
Lions
Jets
Titans
Ravens
Bills
Pats

Some really good teams in there.

Of the teams left, my preferences would be:
1) Jets
2) Lions
3) Ravens
4) whoever's left

My info:
GT: Birdman1702
AIM: B1rdman02

yacobod

Banned
i'll be online this afternoon

xbox live tag: polishmoves
aim: polishmoves

from the 10 teams on that list i'd have to go with the saints or ravens

13 people and 4 slots left. Tough decisions. Anyways I'm going to pick up the game today so if anybody wants to play some let me know.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
13 people and 4 slots left. Tough decisions. Anyways I'm going to pick up the game today so if anybody wants to play some let me know.

Picking up my copy on my lunch break. Wanna play our Skins match tonight?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'd suggest learning the game a little bit before playing any game that has league implications. 07 to 08 is a very big jump.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
How many of this group will actually play this season?

the guys who wont get their team will slowly fall off and the people that get frustrated with the gameplay will fall off...

other than that, I cant wait...... Gamefly Hurry!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Malleymal said:
How many of this group will actually play this season?

the guys who wont get their team will slowly fall off and the people that get frustrated with the gameplay will fall off...

other than that, I cant wait...... Gamefly Hurry!

I am really excited about the strategy elements in this year's version. I went out and bought an Elite to get this (and Bioshock). Plus, MrBob has been pushing me to get this for about two months. :lol

But I will put in the dedication. Last year, the lag was horrendous and just put me off early. As long as this year's game is a better playing game online, I am ready and willing.

J-E-T-S. Jets Jets JETS!

1. FMT - 49ers*
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers*
3. Rors - Raiders*
4. Ramirez - Steelers*
5. Wellington - Giants*
6. Slo - Vikings*
7. Shawnhann - Cowboys*
8. Truelize - Falcons*
9. DCX - Browns*
10. Conex - Jaguars*
11. Matrix - Texans*
12. DammittMatt - ?
13. Ando - Broncos*
14. MrBob - Bears*
15. ColdBlooded - Eagles*
16. Gunstar - Eagles*
17. CP - Chiefs*
18. Malleymal - Chiefs*
19. Lonestar - Seahawks*
20. Bluemax - Chargers*
21. Sickboy - Chargers*
22. Vumpler - Panthers*
23. Sableholic - Redskins*
24. Livewire - Redskins*
25. luke - colts*
26. maestroryan - vikings*
27. bigzep - rams*
28. azgreg - Packers*
29. Dave, my real life buddy (he will sign up at gaf tonight) - Ravens
--------

decisions :(

Fifty

Godspeed Dave, Godspeed. Thank you for finding someone you know and trust in real life to take on the great and admirable task of using the Ravens.

P.S: I'm rooting for Dave.

Shit, just saw this thread again... I'll be getting the game tomorrow or Thursday. Lions are my top choice if I'm in the league, but I'm willing to take any team and I won't drop or flake out of the league.

GAF Name: ChrisJames
Gamertag: MightBeWrong
AIM: CTennisgod3

yacobod

Banned
ya i picked up my copy while i was on lunch break, i played 1 quarter to check out some things, the improved frame rate is really noticeable compared to last year

i'll be online later tonight if anyone wants to play

live tag: polishmoves
aim: polishmoves

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
One Gameshark user in the league is enough! We will not stand for this friend!

We'll know something is up when "Dave" and FMT can never play against each other, and when they do we'll never see it on XBL but the stats will pop up on LeagueDaddy!

Striker

Wellington said:
The ten teams left are:

Saints
Dolphins
Cards
Bengals
Lions
Jets
Titans
Ravens
Bills
Pats

Some really good teams in there.
Since Mr Willie, I mean Wellie :p

... has the Giants... I don't mind who I have. Just not Bears/Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins

Cardinals seem intriguing...

LiveWire

gg Ramirez. You got so fucking lucky. :lol I shut you down all game long. Then I'm not expecting to get pressure with Carter and he's already almost on top of ROFLsberger but since I'm not paying attention and watching the secondary I miss the sack and allow a completion to Miller.

I see Madden still has bullshit LBs (I got 2 picks and 1 ninja pass deflection and you had 2 (3?) picks). But HALLELUJAH! No more mario running!

And anyone figure out why the punt option on 4th down always defaults to punt block? I couldn't even find Punt Return on the playcalling list.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Striker said:
Since Mr Willie, I mean Wellie :p

... has the Giants... I don't mind who I have. Just not Bears/Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins

Cardinals seem intriguing...

you dont have to worry about that, friend

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
gg Ramirez. You got so fucking lucky. :lol I shut you down all game long. Then I'm not expecting to get pressure with Carter and he's already almost on top of ROFLsberger but since I'm not paying attention and watching the secondary I miss the sack and allow a completion to Miller.

I see Madden still has bullshit LBs (I got 2 picks and 1 ninja pass deflection and you had 2 (3?) picks). But HALLELUJAH! No more mario running!

And anyone figure out why the punt option on 4th down always defaults to punt block? I couldn't even find Punt Return on the playcalling list.

Um, I shut you down all game long too (3 of 9 passing ring a bell Mr. Campbell?), I was starting to wonder if fatigue was working the amount of times you made Portis run it. ;)

My picks were bad throws, as were yours. I probably should have thrown a couple more than I did actually.

Jube3

Looks like the fury from the APF league is carrying over. Marking Ramirez vs Livewire on my EA calendar :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
I really should quit while I'm ahead, I was doing so well with no league drama in APF!

The game is shit thats why we had no drama :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texan%20Fans.jpg

SickBoy

I'll be on later tonight if someone wants to play. Scary thing, I thought I was going to trade in APF. I haven't... got a no-late-fees rental from Blockbuster. Want to see if I'm going to enjoy it single-player before committing $60 to it (since a month for $10 at Blockbuster might otherwise be cheaper).

Anyhow, I'll post back later..

We'll know something is up when "Dave" and FMT can never play against each other, and when they do we'll never see it on XBL but the stats will pop up on LeagueDaddy!

looks like we do play each other this year (49ers vs ravens).

the difference is i will keep it sim-ball when playing a real life friend ;)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ramirez said:
My record online says 1-9, yet I've only played one game. :lol
Its from madden 08 carryover.

Also w00t w00t to the league daddy emails! Its back baby! :D

Top Bottom