• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2008 Xbox 360 League Interest Thread: Obey your Master... Master!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington is the name
Wellie is the game
While insecurekillah is the AIM.

:lol be nice Cold.

I think at this rate we may be able to run two full leagues. We should at least be able to fill a 48-64 man tourney.

Mrbob

I'll only take the Bears for the first season. I know there are other chicago bears fan who will want to use them. ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, I just got a job, start on Wednesday!

Bad News is: I won't have unlimited time to practice the art of IKICKAYOURAASSA, what with a 8 to 5 job.

Good News is: I will have money to buy mountain dew, chips, and internet!

GAF: Lonestar
Live: Lonestar 1979
AIM: um... "mike31820"

Birdman02

So if there are two leagues, does that mean I could use my 49ers? Or are there some
other long-time vets that are niner fans too?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
Vumpler is just being helpful....right?....right?!?.....RIGHT?!?!? :lol
Lol the fuck? I've wanted to get my aim and contact list full sine the last madden league. During APF I pretty much have had enough. Of the 16 people I have to play I was able to contact 7 of them outside of PM's and to me thats bullshit. It makes everything to much of a pain in the ass. So now I will have all the contact info I can get. Oh and you guys can use the list too. Sounds like a win win eh?

167fs145988.gif

DCX

DCX
If we run two GAF league simultaneously, i would like to be taking my Falcons in the GAF lite league.

DCX

vumpler

Wellington said:
Wait is FMT or Vumpler running the league?
:lol Let's be honest, we all want this league to SUCCEED not fail like the league I helped with last year :lol The only reason I stepped up is because FMT had a lot going on and NO ONE else would do it. So I said what the hell it's worth it just to get to play against most of the gaf guys again.. Turns out it was failure, but it was still fun :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
vumpler said:
:lol Let's be honest, we all want this league to SUCCEED not fail like the league I helped with last year :lol The only reason I stepped up is because FMT had a lot going on and NO ONE else would do it. So I said what the hell it's worth it just to get to play against most of the gaf guys again.. Turns out it was failure, but it was still fun :D

Well, I'm sure having half the league have major personal issues arise, had no part in the "failure" of last year.

Shit went South, and couldn't be predicted to happen. Just hope for better luck this season.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Well, I'm sure having half the league have major personal issues arise, had no part in the "failure" of last year.

Shit went South, and couldn't be predicted to happen. Just hope for better luck this season.
Tunnel vision dude, i understand though.

DCX

lol there will be no 2nd season (that i run on leaguedaddy anyways)

and the 32 man roster isn't set yet, so if you're interested just put your name down ;)

Fifty

I have to bow out. Real life is just too hectic..I hardly have time/interest to play games these days, let alone a league. I'll miss being part of it..I wish you guys all the best. Consider the super-amazing Ravens up for grabs now. Thanks FMT and everyone not named Bog for all the good times.

we will dedicate the season to YOU fifty!

and if i somehow become a multi-millionaire this year ($50 mil or more), i will give you one million dollars so you can concentrate on playing in the madden league! god speed brother!

Fifty

Thank you kind sir. I promise you that if I win the lottery, I will do nothing but play Madden league games and eat Cheetos until I die an early death.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I have to bow out. Real life is just too hectic..I hardly have time/interest to play games these days, let alone a league. I'll miss being part of it..I wish you guys all the best. Consider the super-amazing Ravens up for grabs now. Thanks FMT and everyone not named Bog for all the good times.

:(

I'll miss you manually picking me off 5 times a game.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol there will be no 2nd season
Wow...only 1 season of Madden this year...epic. Super Bowl champ for the entire year! Bad coincidence that I won't be able to be a part of it since my 360 is still out for repairs.

Oh well...guess I'm stuck whoopin' mig on the PS2 version over and over. :lol

no, i mean there is no double season happening at the same time! we will have multiple seasons of madden this year, but not running concurrently (which is what i thought people were talking about)

Rorschach

Keep me in with an asterisk in case my 360 miraculously comes back. :\

I thought I would have time because you guys weren't gonna start until after the APF league was done, but I guess that's out the window. :lol

AirBrian

My info:

GAF: AirBrian
XBL: AirBrian
AIM: airbrian14

Teams:

1) Bears (make me proud, Mrbob!)
2) 49ers (make me proud, FMT!)
3) Titans
4) Anyone but the Cowboys or Packers.

LiveWire

I see I'm on the list already. Sable and I will have a scrimmage to determine who uses the Redskins and we'll let you know who wins FMT. In case I lose :)lol) I'll take the Saints, and if they're not available, the Cardinals.

1. FMT - 49ers*
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers*
3. Rors - Raiders*
4. Ramirez - Steelers*
5. Wellington - Giants*
6. Slo - Vikings*
7. Shawnhann - Cowboys*
8. Truelize - Falcons*
9. DCX - Browns*
10. Conex - Jaguars*
11. Matrix - Texans*
12. DammittMatt - ?
13. Ando - Broncos*
14. MrBob - Bears*
15. ColdBlooded - Eagles*
16. Gunstar - Eagles*
17. CP - Chiefs*
18. Malleymal - Chiefs*
19. Lonestar - Seahawks*
20. Bluemax - Chargers*
21. Sickboy - Chargers*
22. Vumpler - Panthers*
23. Sableholic - Redskins*
24. Livewire - Redskins*
25. luke - colts*
26. maestroryan - vikings*
27. bigzep - rams*
28. azgreg - Packers*
-------

and then the other people left:

denogginizer
gcq - cardinals
jube - patriots
pheeniks - Dolphins
LJ11 - Bills
Striker - ? certainly not the giants...
chrisjames - Lions
variance -
yacobod
birdman02
AirBrian
Shogun
bosevan
shamrock

so that means there are 4 spots for 13 people (possibly more than 13 cause i can't remember who else messaged me for it)

the people who have * are 100% absolutely in the league unless they say they dont want to play/can't play.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. FMT - 49ers*
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers*
3. Rors - Raiders*
4. Ramirez - Steelers*
5. Wellington - Giants*
6. Slo - Vikings*
7. Shawnhann - Cowboys*
8. Truelize - Falcons*
9. DCX - Browns*
10. Conex - Jaguars*
11. Matrix - Texans*
12. DammittMatt - ?
13. Ando - Broncos*
14. MrBob - Bears*
16. Gunstar - Eagles*
17. CP - Chiefs*
18. Malleymal - Chiefs*
19. Lonestar - Seahawks*
20. Bluemax - Chargers*
21. Sickboy - Chargers*
22. Vumpler - Panthers*
24. Livewire - Redskins*
25. luke - colts*
27. bigzep - rams*
28. azgreg - Packers*
-------

denogginizer
gcq - cardinals
jube - patriots
pheeniks - Dolphins
LJ11 - Bills
chrisjames - Lions
variance -
yacobod
birdman02
AirBrian
Shogun
bosevan

so that means there are 4 spots for 13 people (possibly more than 13 cause i can't remember who else messaged me for it)

the people who have * are 100% absolutely in the league unless they say they dont want to play/can't play.

I see a few duplicate teams, I assume you'll be sorting that out later.

SickBoy

Pretty sure I'll have the game tomorrow (damn no one breaking street here), so I should be in for the league... I'll let you guys know if something changes.

As for AIM, I don't use it -- I'd rather use PMs here than keep AIM on for the sole purpose of the league.

Gamertag is Fisheyelens.

bluemax said:
I see a few duplicate teams, I assume you'll be sorting that out later.

I'll be fine giving up the Chargers so long as I get a team I have some appreciation for... even though I'm sure I'll struggle this year, since I'm out about a good season-plus of Madden online play. Out of the teams that may be left, I think my preferences (in order) would be:

Cards
Bengals
Lions
someone else (I don't think I hate any of the remaining teams)

yes there are duplicates, and that will be sorted out soon enough.

also, some people need to post in this thread so i still know you're interested (hey maestroryan!)

oh variance ;)

i dont know who the final 4 spots are going to go to yet. i will confer with the vets at some point. FUCK i need to get started on the league site.... BALLS!

vumpler

I vote denogg for the jets. He played with them last year and I think it would be good representation.

List updated btw.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Falcons:

GAF : Truelize
Gamertag : Truelize
AIM: Truelize

real simple :)

I got the game Saturday and I've only had time to play one offline game so far. I'm super busy until Thursday night.

Jube3

Im not a madden vet but im still very interested (signed up first day the thread went up :D ).

If theres still room let me know,
GT:Ayo Jube
Aim: Ayo Jube3

Patriots if theres still room.

1. FMT - 49ers*
2. DMczaf - Buccaneers*
3. Rors - Raiders*
4. Ramirez - Steelers*
5. Wellington - Giants*
6. Slo - Vikings*
7. Shawnhann - Cowboys*
8. Truelize - Falcons*
9. DCX - Browns*
10. Conex - Jaguars*
11. Matrix - Texans*
12. DammittMatt - ?
13. Ando - Broncos*
14. MrBob - Bears*
16. Gunstar - Eagles*
17. CP - Chiefs*
18. Malleymal - Chiefs*
19. Lonestar - Seahawks*
20. Bluemax - Chargers*
21. Sickboy - Chargers*
22. Vumpler - Panthers*
24. Livewire - Redskins*
25. luke - colts*
27. bigzep - rams*
28. azgreg - Packers*
-------

denogginizer
gcq - cardinals
jube - patriots
unomas
LJ11 - Bills
chrisjames - Lions
variance -
yacobod
birdman02
AirBrian
Shogun
bosevan

updated cause pheeniks is going to sit season 1 out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The ten teams left are:

Saints
Dolphins
Cards
Bengals
Lions
Jets
Titans
Ravens
Bills