• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

brentech

Pretty sure we just beat EG
Was a fun game to watch. In the early/early-mid I thought you guys were totally busted but you held on and then started winning a few team fights that maybe you shouldn't have if they did a few things differently.

Was a nice final team kill to end it.

fucking hilarious "Q&A" from madden twitter on next gen madden (http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/10/0...t-gen-visuals-come-from-twitter-qa#more-82808)

madden fans are fucking idiots, although i'm sure these dickbags cherry picked the questions as well. here are some great Questions and Answers for you!

Ignite allows realistic lighting & complex materials RT @ZachPuopolo94: Why do the graphics in next gen look so real compare to current gen?

lolololllllllll "Hey Tiburon Y is madden so gud?" "Well that's a great question Fan. You see..."

Yes, all jerseys will be up-to-date. RT @Dale_KC: Will they update Denver and New Orleans collar jerseys too?

holy fuck who gives a shit

T.J. Cutini @TJCutini
@EAMaddenNFL Have inaccurate uniforms from M25 current gen been addressed/fixed for next gen? (Specifically, Buffalo's)
EA SPORTS Madden NFL ✔ @EAMaddenNFL
@TJCutini Yessir! The Bills' collar has been fixed.

are you fucking serious

Paul Gaiser @pgaiser1
@EAMaddenNFL are the redskins sleeve stripes getting fixed
EA SPORTS Madden NFL ✔ @EAMaddenNFL
@pgaiser1 On their 2013 home & away uniforms? - Yes.

why

Added new Riddell 360 helmet, popular facemasks + more. RT @Jarred_Hageman: Are you guys adding any other equipment?

you know what, maybe we deserve the shitty product we get if this is the majority of the fanbase

TheCrow

Was a fun game to watch. In the early/early-mid I thought you guys were totally busted but you held on and then started winning a few team fights that maybe you shouldn't have if they did a few things differently.

Was a nice final team kill to end it.
Did you see my elder titan do work. Practically carried the team. Even got off a clutch sleep as we took down the ancient.

Those are all things I wanted to know.

I know I'm sold on the ps4 version.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im just gonna mark this year as a wash. We'll try again next season, friends!

"Next" gen has been mostly super fucking disappointing. If it wasnt for my urge to have new, shiny things, id probably skip the PS4 as well. Nintendo has a better lineup on handheld and Wii U than both the new systems this fall.

why don't EA and 2k come out with gameplay videos? i mean actual gameplay angles instead of replay angles that don't actually matter. games are out in a month and a half and they can't show anything meaningful?

eznark

Banned
Phee, tonight is hockey night! Can you play? I figured out I can watch the playoffs on my ipad using the DTV app so I don't need a free TV.

why don't EA and 2k come out with gameplay videos? i mean actual gameplay angles instead of replay angles that don't actually matter. games are out in a month and a half and they can't show anything meaningful?

I can understand why 2k would want to wait since the current gen game just came out.

I trust 2k to make the gameplay match the graphics. I do not have this same trust in Tiburon.

eznark

Banned
Are you going to get in with your try hard friends again or do you want to enter the GOOOOOOOOOS!?

How did you guys end up doing last time?

eznark

Banned
Oh man, I don't know if I want to play with random Redditors. That seems like kind of a nightmare. Although it's probably way better than playing with random gaffers. Have you guys looked at the Dota thread lately?

BigAT

Are you going to get in with your try hard friends again or do you want to enter the GOOOOOOOOOS!?

How did you guys end up doing last time?

I'm not with any friends in this, you can't enter as a team. It's a draft system, the only reason I even got in the last season was because I volunteered as a captain.

Playoffs just started this week, we're playing our match Thursday. I'm a little worried because my team hasn't played together in a while since we got forfeit wins the last few weeks of the season.

I'll be able to play tonight after like 8 CT or so.

And yeah I just about gave up on having regular games we used to have cause 99% of the time you guys are or would rather be playing DOTA instead. Thankfully I enjoy pickup games too so at least I don't feel robbed of my purchase!

Mrbob

I'll be able to play tonight after like 8 CT or so.

And yeah I just about gave up on having regular games we used to have cause 99% of the time you guys are or would rather be playing DOTA instead. Thankfully I enjoy pickup games too so at least I don't feel robbed of my purchase!

Part of the issue is many of us are burnt on current gen and don't want to play a 360 game. When NHL moves to next gen we'll hop back on the train. Shame there is no next gen version this year.

Part of the issue is many of us are burnt on current gen and don't want to play a 360 game. When NHL moves to next gen we'll hop back on the train. Shame there is no next gen version this year.

Yeah I'm not blaming DOTA 100% (actually, I really am) sucks there is no next gen NHL and I figured with all the new hardware and all that shit this would be a rough transition.

Although I guess I fall into the category of "Don't really give a fuck about next-gen ... yet" And I'm still having a blast making my own blooper reels nightly.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, the big issue for me is that it's on the 360. I'm just over it. I have a bunch of games on both systems that I want to play but right now WiiU is taking up all my non-Dota time because I just don't give a fuuuuuuuuuck about 360/ps3.

Mrbob

Me too. I think GTA5 is going back to Best Buy in trade when I dump Madden. Game is awesome, but performance is horrible. I'm so used to smooth games on PC playing GTA5 is jarring. Will wait for PS4/PC version. Plus I can receive 38 dollars trade in and since I paid 45 I only lose 7 bucks. Rental fee.

Me too. I think GTA5 is going back to Best Buy in trade when I dump Madden. Game is awesome, but performance is horrible. I'm so used to smooth games on PC playing GTA5 is jarring. Will wait for PS4/PC version. Plus I can 38 dollars trade in and since I paid 45 I only lose 7 bucks. Rental fee.

lol makes you sound like a typical neogaf doucher. "O.M.G. i CANNOT and WILL NOT play with this frame rate! it is LITERALLY unplayable! literally!"

eznark

Banned
I am actually running into the same thing as I try to play Uncharted 3. I started it at the same time as I started playing Tomb Raider on my PC and VOMIT WTF OHMYGOD NO THANK YOU. My eyes literally melted, dripped down my cheeks and pooled into my mouth as my jaw was agape at how hideously ugly console games are.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Guys, the trick is to not have an awesome PC. Then everything doesnt seem to look/run so bad! Envy me!

Somnia

Anyone want to buy a copy of GTA 5 for PS3? $48 includes shipping

Has been played a total of 10 minutes so it's brand new basically.

eznark

Banned
Somnia, what have you been doing?! I've been forced to learn Rubick in your absence. This is horrible!

Actually, he's fun but hard to feel "good" with.

Guys, the trick is to not have an awesome PC. Then everything doesnt seem to look/run so bad! Envy me!

i have a pretty good PC. i can run most games out today on high or ultra settings with high framerate (except fucking metro 2033!) and i don't have an issue with current gen console gaming. doesn't look great but no need to be a drama queen about it!

LiveWire

Yeah I'm not blaming DOTA 100% (actually, I really am) sucks there is no next gen NHL and I figured with all the new hardware and all that shit this would be a rough transition.

Although I guess I fall into the category of "Don't really give a fuck about next-gen ... yet" And I'm still having a blast making my own blooper reels nightly.

The more I play it, the more I feel like this year's NHL is the Madden 2005 of hockey. Not that NHL has had the same issues as Madden when transferring between gens, but still...

Mrbob

lol makes you sound like a typical neogaf doucher. "O.M.G. i CANNOT and WILL NOT play with this frame rate! it is LITERALLY unplayable! literally!"

Kap please, game consistently drops into the low 20s and teens for frame rate. If you like frame rate jank, great. I'd rather have a constant 30 at a minimum.

i have a pretty good PC. i can run most games out today on high or ultra settings with high framerate (except fucking metro 2033!) and i don't have an issue with current gen console gaming. doesn't look great but no need to be a drama queen about it!

My complaint had nothing to do with visuals. It is with performance.

Also, I have about 11 hours into Wind Waker HD so eat a bag of dicks! Game is simple in design but great looking and its SMOOOTH. Well, for the most part. Occasional odd frame rate drop here and there but otherwise no issues.

eznark

Banned
It's the best Madden we ever had, it's really what kickstarted our little community here.

I couldn't remember if the great one was 04 or 05. And from what little I've played I'd agree but the thing to remember is that this is the only one they made so it's probably not totally fair to compare it to Madden. There is no next gen NHL.

Somnia

Somnia, what have you been doing?! I've been forced to learn Rubick in your absence. This is horrible!

Actually, he's fun but hard to feel "good" with.

Its a long story, but to make it short...

I'm working out in the evenings after work (I work 12-830 mon-thur and 830-5 on fri) plus getting up at 630 to run in the mornings (ive lost 10 pounds already). The free days that I don't do this I've been trying to do more things with my friends. Went to a few concerts (haven't been to one since I was 10).

Havent touched a game since those 10 minutes of GTA, just don't have the urge to play games right now.

Right now I have no plans Saturday after 5 so maybe I'll play some dota if everyone is around.

Kap please, game consistently drops into the low 20s and teens for frame rate. If you like frame rate jank, great. I'd rather have a constant 30 at a minimum.

My complaint had nothing to do with visuals. It is with performance.

Also, I have about 11 hours into Wind Waker HD so eat a bag of dicks! Game is simple in design but great looking and its SMOOOTH. Well, for the most part. Occasional odd frame rate drop here and there but otherwise no issues.

why not go a step further and say you'd rather have a constant 60 fps! from now on i won't play ANY games without 60 fps, console or otherwise. and if there is any drops.... oh you best believe that game gettin' sold!

p.s.

nice mini-history of killer instinct. i'm back onboard xbone! i can't resist!

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/exclusive-the-history-of-killer-instinct/

That piece of shit game is only 20 dollars right? Maybe I'll get it.

you won't regret it brotha!

p.s.

if you get the special edition $40 version you also will get an arcade perfect killer instinct 1! they are working to add online play to it. i hope the game does well so we get not only our yearly KI character updates but also maybe they'll give us KI2 as well!

Ferny

you won't regret it brotha!

p.s.

if you get the special edition $40 version you also will get an arcade perfect killer instinct 1! they are working to add online play to it. i hope the game does well so we get not only our yearly KI character updates but also maybe they'll give us KI2 as well!

Wait, really?! Online play to the original KI?

eznark

Banned
I had two matches like that yesterday.

As I've said before, the most important rule of do to: Is the ancient gone? No? Then the game isn't over.

Don't give up, I have had so many games that we were behind in, but were still winnable. The reason we lost was because teammates gave up.

Never call "gg push to end"

hear that Ferny!

Ferny

hear that Ferny!

If I know for certain there is no way in hell we can come back, I will sit in fountain. Why would I extend a game 10 minutes for no reason? All that does is give the other team more reason to just farm. When you've played the game as long as I have, you know exactly when that point is.

Smokey

I am actually running into the same thing as I try to play Uncharted 3. I started it at the same time as I started playing Tomb Raider on my PC and VOMIT WTF OHMYGOD NO THANK YOU. My eyes literally melted, dripped down my cheeks and pooled into my mouth as my jaw was agape at how hideously ugly console games are.

Lol

Top Bottom