• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

eznark

Banned
If I know for certain there is no way in hell we can come back, I will sit in fountain. Why would I extend a game 10 minutes for no reason? All that does is give the other team more reason to just farm. When you've played the game as long as I have, you know exactly when that point is.

lol

TheCrow

If I know for certain there is no way in hell we can come back, I will sit in fountain. Why would I extend a game 10 minutes for no reason? All that does is give the other team more reason to just farm. When you've played the game as long as I have, you know exactly when that point is.

Well, as someone with a .500 win rate I say you play to the end.

there is no reason for most sport games to innovate as there is no competition. it is pathetic that we have the same stat sets in madden FROM THE PSONE ERA! you would think by now we would be able to have something close to real life stats. records in cold weather games, in domes, rushing stats to the left, to the right, throws that travel 25+ yards in the air and their completion %, and on and on and on. i mean we should at LEAST get a defensive PPG average instead of "team" ppg average right? you can look under your defensive stats in madden and it will only tell you the amount of points your team has given up, not your defense. if i throw 3 pick 6's, my defense has "given up" 21 points.

so the potential for some great stuff is there across all sports gaming but i doubt we see most of it unless there is some competition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
When did the whole CB playing Slar = bad thing start? I've always thought it was one of his better heroes?

Hyperbole + Me cultivating it a bit.

If you guys wernt such dicks id probably have given up on both of them. But now im just guaranteed to pick Drow every time possible!

eznark

Banned
Supposedly there was a 30% decrease in launch sales for Madden 25 from Madden 12. Competition is very important for evolution but I think it's less important for innovation. They'll need to innovate to reignite sales and moving to new hardware will hopefully prove to be the impetus.

I would think the added horsepower will help with the number crunching aspect of making it more sim like.

When did the whole CB playing Slar = bad thing start? I've always thought it was one of his better heroes?

I'm not sure where exactly it started. CB refuses to use a mic so one night me rors and Crow talked shit about his slar and he couldn't really say shit back so we kinda ran with it. I mean, he could type but who reads that shit?

Ever since then i try to mention how trash slar is whenever possible!

CB3

I'm not sure where exactly it started. CB refuses to use a mic so one night me rors and Crow talked shit about his slar and he couldn't really say shit back so we kinda ran with it. I mean, he could type but who reads that shit?

Ever since then i try to mention how trash slar is whenever possible!

Atleast i play dota.

We were talking about CB never talking in mumble last night. Crow said he heard him talk in NHL before and he sounds like a Mexican. And Crow would know!

CB3

We were talking about CB never talking in mumble last night. Crow said he heard him talk in NHL before and he sounds like a Mexican. And Crow would know!
I always talk in hockey. More than anyone, probably. I dont talk on mumble because the mic doesnt work properly on it. Did you guys think i was lying?

Sokantish

I always talk in hockey. More than anyone, probably. I dont talk on mumble because the mic doesnt work properly on it. Did you guys think i was lying?

Go get one from wally world for like 10 bucks. We could talk in mumble, it'd be so fun

TheCrow

Nightz also needs to talk more. Maybe he'll speak up if we shit on his jakiro play.

There has to be a way to get it to work. Isn't it a problem with the connection? Some kind of adapter must exist.

BigAT

How did the drafting work? Did you look at dotabuff profiles or something?

I came into things late, so yeah, I was just working off of Dotabuff profiles. Apparently there was a collection of information though that included what roles people wanted to play and brief descriptions of each player.

TheCrow

We taking over dota!

01.jpg

crow is definitely not asian

I have never heard Nightz talk but CB sounds pretty much exactly like my real life half mexican half white friend where if you closed your eyes it would sound like an eastern european man who has good english

crow is definitely not asian

I have never heard Nightz talk but CB sounds pretty much exactly like my real life half mexican half white friend where if you closed your eyes it would sound like an eastern european man who has good english

You can't be trusted. You were certain that girl was Asian and we all saw how that turned out...

"GUYS IM ASIAN TRUST ME THAT GIRL IS ASIAN"

*posts picture of non asian girl*

BigAT

Supposedly there was a 30% decrease in launch sales for Madden 25 from Madden 12. Competition is very important for evolution but I think it's less important for innovation. They'll need to innovate to reignite sales and moving to new hardware will hopefully prove to be the impetus.

I would think the added horsepower will help with the number crunching aspect of making it more sim like.

It's crazy how bad Madden sales have been this year considering they likely had a bunch of extra sales from people buying it purely for the cheap Sunday Ticket code. If you take those out of the equation it looks even worse.

TheCrow

I just learned an easier way of last hitting the ranged creep under the tower. Yo, give me all that farm. Now just to make sure the courier gets to me alive.

TheCrow

I think you have to attack either your own creep or enemy creep and it'll prioritize whoever else is attacking it. But I just run away.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Drizz - Can you play our game?

I'm bailing after this one. No sense in playing with as much AI as we will have. Trade in offer ends on Friday so I'll take advantage as well.

Let me know who is staying around and I'll transfer the commish powers.

It's crazy how bad Madden sales have been this year considering they likely had a bunch of extra sales from people buying it purely for the cheap Sunday Ticket code. If you take those out of the equation it looks even worse.

god willing they are so horrible that EA removes tibruon from its madden duties

brentech

Towers have a specific targeting priority that determines which enemy it will attack. This list represents that priority in ascending order:

Closest enemy unit or hero attacking a friendly hero with auto attack
Closest enemy unit or hero attacking the tower itself with auto attack
Closest enemy unit or hero attacking any friendly unit with auto attack
Closest enemy unit
Closest enemy catapult
Closest enemy hero
The tower will only switch targets under three circumstances:

If the targeted enemy unit or hero dies
If an enemy unit or hero targets a friendly hero
If an enemy hero being attacked by the tower manually attacks a friendly unit or hero (in which case, the tower will select a new target based on the above priority order).

LiveWire

Towers have a specific targeting priority that determines which enemy it will attack. This list represents that priority in ascending order:

Closest enemy unit
Closest enemy catapult
Closest enemy hero

If an enemy hero being attacked by the tower manually attacks a friendly unit or hero (in which case, the tower will select a new target based on the above priority order).

I think closest enemy hero gets attacked before a catapult, no? If closest things to a tower are a creep, hero and catapult, in that order, and the creep dies, the tower will focus on the hero.

BigAT

Closest enemy unit
Closest enemy catapult
Closest enemy hero

TL:DR - If you're getting attacked by a tower A+click on one of your creeps as though you were trying to deny it. It doesn't need to be in deny range and you don't need to actually attack it, just target it and the tower should switch priority.

Top Bottom