• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

I redboxed 2k14 to play smokey. 2k servers down.

In other words, its the same thing.

guess i shouldn't get my hopes up for next gen either. the games that actually play well (nba 2k, mlb the show) have crap online performance/features and the game that plays like shit (madden) has acceptable performance and good online features

Smokey

yeah 360 has a much better interface. hopefully now that sony is charging for online they can make it better but i wouldn't expect it to get to 360 levels. at least we get sweet ps+ games!

also, didn't NBA 2k14 come out yesterday? i don't see no impressions smokey!

I've played maybe 15 games so far. Online only cuz SP sports games are for losers. CB gets it today and the servers are down. His fault.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
bought the recent humble bundle, is Tropico 4 worth putting any time into? Really just bought the pack for some of the fly games.

I agree with Bob. Tropico is excellent. I also really enjoy the Jagged Alliance games. They are intense and challenging. But still very good.

GTA question: how does the vehicle saving work? If I park a vehicle in my garage and then take it out and crash it will it reappear in my garage? Saints Row works like this. But I just got a plane with Trevor and instead of driving across the map I want to fly to where I need to go and then just jump out of the plane. But I'm worried that my plane will be gone then. And if that's how it works then that is ultra dumb cause using a plane as then having to safely land and park it back in a hanger is not fun. That's Euro Truck Simulator level stuff and it doesn't belong in my GTA game.

TheCrow

Finally get to play weaver and go 17-2. More importantly, bob hit a sick shackle shot as soon QOP blinked in and she melted. We then marched down mid and destroyed all the remaining rax. Our random 5th was fantastic. Played support and bought courier (well it was our second) and mek without us even asking.

eznark

Banned
Finally get to play weaver and go 17-2. More importantly, bob hit a sick shackle shot as soon QOP blinked in and she melted. We then marched down mid and destroyed all the remaining rax. Our random 5th was fantastic. Played support and bought courier (well it was our second) and mek without us even asking.

Fuck you crow!

Smokey

AMDs new top of the line GPU pricing is outed.

Bum-gaf causes a uproar

Like a guy in the thread said. Do people get mad that a GT-R is $100,000 when they could buy an sentra Altima if all you want is to get from A to B?

On gaf.. Probably

TheCrow

Is there any info on the mid range model? Need to decide if I should upgrade from my 670 or just wait for the next nvidia cards.

Smokey

Is there any info on the mid range model? Need to decide if I should upgrade from my 670 or just wait for the next nvidia cards.

280x or whatever it's called is a rebranded 7970.

7970 is going for low prices today considering it's performance. Can be found anywhere from $250-$300.

That would be a pretty nice leap over what you have.

Mrbob

Is the 280X a rebrand of the 7970 or the 7970 ghz edition. Makes a difference for me. I'd rather have the ghz edition.

I won't be paying 700 for a video card. I mean I could, but not for me. I'll hold out to see what the 290 is first. Could be a card around 400 to 500 which I would be ok with spending.

Smokey

Is the 280X a rebrand of the 7970 or the 7970 ghz edition. Makes a difference for me. I'd rather have the ghz edition.

I won't be paying 700 for a video card. I mean I could, but not for me. I'll hold out to see what the 290 is first. Could be a card around 400 to 500 which I would be ok with spending.

The ghz edition is a beast. If I were buying a new card today I'd give it a serious look.

For me I'm looking at the 290x because of my setup. I don't know about amd though... Which is why id keep the Titan as my "backup". Both cards are geared towards multi monitor, 2560x1600 displays, 4k etc.

Which is why it's hilarious seeing gaffers who are still most likely on 1280x1024 monitors complaining about something that isn't geared towards them.

Edit: in the thread it days the 280 is $350.

Mrbob

BF4 will probably be one of the more demanding games available too. I know everyone wants a R290X ( I do too ), but you have to be practical. A friend once told me buy a video card for the resolution you are playing at and I've always thought it is good advice. The 7970GHZ editon can almost pump out 60FPS at 1080P on Ultra in the beta:

bf4_cpu_radeon.png

It will probably be over 60FPS in the final version after optimization and definitely with mantle. This is much better performance than my 660TI which gets about 40fps in 1080P. D:

If the 280X is a rebadged 7970ghz edition then for $299 that is a steal for 1080P gaming.

Edit: AMDs slide said $299. Hope the price didn't go up!

280X1-850x478.jpg

eznark

Banned
Yeah that's why I've sort of stopped caring much about the card announcements. I like a 1080p monitor, no huge desire to change it out, so the new hotness cards are kind of overkill until I get convinced to upgrade the monitor.

Yeah that's why I've sort of stopped caring much about the card announcements. I like a 1080p monitor, no huge desire to change it out, so the new hotness cards are kind of overkill until I get convinced to upgrade the monitor.

I'm fine with 1080p monitor too. Even when I get a new one, I may stick with that, dependent on prices.

My eyes don't start immediately bleeding after seeing one jaggie.

eznark

Banned
I also have no desire to change teams. So unless these cards just blow the 770 out of the water I'm happy. I have a (probably) irrational terror of changing to the commie side.

Smokey

BF4 will probably be one of the more demanding games available too. I know everyone wants a R290X ( I do too ), but you have to be practical. A friend once told me buy a video card for the resolution you are playing at and I've always thought it is good advice. The 7970GHZ editon can almost pump out 60FPS at 1080P on Ultra in the beta:

bf4_cpu_radeon.png

It will probably be over 60FPS in the final version after optimization and definitely with mantle. This is much better performance than my 660TI which gets about 40fps in 1080P. D:

If the 280X is a rebadged 7970ghz edition then for $299 that is a steal for 1080P gaming.

Edit: AMDs slide said $299. Hope the price didn't go up!

280X1-850x478.jpg

This graph tells me I should probably look into upgrading my 2600k at some point.

I'm at 1200p right now but I've been seriously looking at one of those overlord 1440p 120hz monitors. I suspect I'd probably need a 290x to push that.

AMDs new top of the line GPU pricing is outed.

Bum-gaf causes a uproar

Like a guy in the thread said. Do people get mad that a GT-R is $100,000 when they could buy an sentra Altima if all you want is to get from A to B?

On gaf.. Probably

American culture brah... people feel they are entitled to shit and don't have to earn it. It's like the 290X is the only card available from AMD or something.

"Well if i can't have the top of the line one then i don't want ANY of them!!"

Fucking children.

I agree with Bob. Tropico is excellent. I also really enjoy the Jagged Alliance games. They are intense and challenging. But still very good.

GTA question: how does the vehicle saving work? If I park a vehicle in my garage and then take it out and crash it will it reappear in my garage? Saints Row works like this. But I just got a plane with Trevor and instead of driving across the map I want to fly to where I need to go and then just jump out of the plane. But I'm worried that my plane will be gone then. And if that's how it works then that is ultra dumb cause using a plane as then having to safely land and park it back in a hanger is not fun. That's Euro Truck Simulator level stuff and it doesn't belong in my GTA game.
Grand Theft Auto is the name of the game. Go steal another plane. And I think the landing is fun!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mario 3D world looks fucking amazing.
My PS4 is gonna come and the shit is just gonna sit in the corner. Unreal.

Yeah it looks legit. WiiU developing an elite lineup. Now Nintendo needs to deliver with Mario kart/smash bros online and we have a nice battle on our hands!

Mrbob

I'm gonna have to eat some crow on Mario 3D World. I was initially shitting on it because I didn't want a sequel to 3D Land on Wii U but it looks amazing.

Mario 3D world and Zelda 3DS on Nov 22. Nintendo giving XB1 a dagger that day.

TheCrow

I'm gonna have to eat some crow on Mario 3D World. I was initially shitting on it because I didn't want a sequel to 3D Land on Wii U but it looks amazing.

Mario 3D world and Zelda 3DS on Nov 22. Nintendo giving XB1 a dagger that day.

You disappoint me bob. But at least you've seen the light.

CB3

ive been thinking alot about this ps4 preorder. Initially, it was for what we (wrongfully, like a bunch of morons) were using for madden. After that went to shit, it was basically me just buying something on the premise of consoles exclusives (infamous)

But all that shit being far enough away, and the unexpected rise of the wii u, i kind of just not want one at launch. I think ill keep my preorder, but i cant shake the lingering thought that i should just be using that towards some nice PC.

eznark

Banned
ive been thinking alot about this ps4 preorder. Initially, it was for what we (wrongfully, like a bunch of morons) were using for madden. After that went to shit, it was basically me just buying something on the premise of consoles exclusives (infamous)

But all that shit being far enough away, and the unexpected rise of the wii u, i kind of just not want one at launch. I think ill keep my preorder, but i cant shake the lingering thought that i should just be using that towards some nice PC.

Yeah if you don't have a good PC build that fool.

CB3

Yeah if you don't have a good PC build that fool.

Yeah thats been the prevailing thought the last week or two. Im trying to buy time just to make sure there is nothing im missing on ps4, or that madden turns out to be miraculously good (lol)

Top Bottom