• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

We had some great games last night! You need to unretire Shake.

yeah that shit was a blast... forgot how fun it is to doto with you bros! I might be able to doto again tonight cause i am fucking destroying this paper that i thought was going to take me all day today.

Ima doto 24/7 during winter break.

brentech

Add Tusk to my list as well. Just played as him, pretty damn fun. Pulled off so many early ganks.

Expanding my horizons with 3 pub wins in a row!

brentech

Learn meepo since rors refuses to bring his S-Tier meepo out of the lab!!

I played as him once against bots on hard. it did not end well.

4 wins in a row! the last one was a very unpretty start as Ursa. played with bobber, though I had to lane with some semi-retarded Riki until I was a little safer to jungle cause they kept coming for me there.

Sanjuro

Traded in Madden today. Trading in games at Best Buy has to be the most painful thing imaginable. You have to wait in the line with complaining returns customers, only to finally get a CSR who is uneducated on how to trade in games and pretend to know more than you do.

"Sir, I'm afraid that the 50% bump for games has ended. I can not give you much for this game."

Well that is alright, the trade in for this game is locked at $45.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I'm going to be able to do that for you. There is a Gamestop in the mall across the street...they may be able to give you more honestly."

...what the fuck are you talking about? Scan the game and tell me how much your computer says. If there is a problem there, then we can figure it out.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I just know that we don't give as much as they do, trying to give you the best deal."

If I were your manager, I would fire you on the sport. Scan my game.

Result: He doesn't know how to do trade-ins. Have to wait for the only other person working behind the counter.

Traded in Madden today. Trading in games at Best Buy has to be the most painful thing imaginable. You have to wait in the line with complaining returns customers, only to finally get a CSR who is uneducated on how to trade in games and pretend to know more than you do.

"Sir, I'm afraid that the 50% bump for games has ended. I can not give you much for this game."

Well that is alright, the trade in for this game is locked at $45.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I'm going to be able to do that for you. There is a Gamestop in the mall across the street...they may be able to give you more honestly."

...what the fuck are you talking about? Scan the game and tell me how much your computer says. If there is a problem there, then we can figure it out.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I just know that we don't give as much as they do, trying to give you the best deal."

If I were your manager, I would fire you on the sport. Scan my game.

Result: He doesn't know how to do trade-ins. Have to wait for the only other person working behind the counter.

thats why i just traded it in at amazon using the +$30 dual shock 4 credit. i was going to buy a DS4 anyways so in a way its like i got $60 to trade in madden and best of all i never had to step foot in a best buy!

Sanjuro

That's probably why I haven't gone inside a BB in years. Fuck that place.

Worked at one in high school.

I have no problem waiting. Most patient person alive when it comes to retail...unless it has to do with people fucking around. Best Buy has done this to me a few times. I'm shocked when anyone working for a chain asks you why you don't visit their competitor. The manger in me is infuriated by that logic.

Something you don't carry and want to educate the customer? By all means.

A couple years ago I price matched an item from Target at Best Buy (I think it was for Marvel vs. Capcom). Both locations in the same parking lot. The CSR couldn't do the job, so she phoned the manager. He was reluctant and asked me "Why don't you just purchase it over at Target?". Ended up relaying that information to corporate. Received a $100 gift card and some extra rewards points.

Sanjuro

thats why i just traded it in at amazon using the +$30 dual shock 4 credit. i was going to buy a DS4 anyways so in a way its like i got $60 to trade in madden and best of all i never had to step foot in a best buy!

I started thinking, why do I need the second controller? Since the original XBOX/PS2, never really have needed one. I may do it with Last of Us and possibly pass on the $30 to another member here if needed.

i feel like buying a new laptop. anyone have advice on a good one? doesn't having to be a gaming monster because i don't want to spend $1k on it but i'm using a lenovo laptop i got a couple years ago for $200. it's decent for browsing the internets but the mousepad sucks and video playback isn't the best. i'd prefer a new one!

Sanjuro

i feel like buying a new laptop. anyone have advice on a good one? doesn't having to be a gaming monster because i don't want to spend $1k on it but i'm using a lenovo laptop i got a couple years ago for $200. it's decent for browsing the internets but the mousepad sucks and video playback isn't the best. i'd prefer a new one!

They still make laptops?!

DMczaf

guys I swear madden is fun, trust me

OED3zOz.png

eznark

Banned

Sager

Smokey

I have this urge to get a Wii U now. I didn't know Sonic Galaxy was this month. Been watching some videos on it for the past 15 minutes or so.

fuuuu

I have this urge to get a Wii U now. I didn't know Sonic Galaxy was this month. Been watching some videos on it for the past 15 minutes or so.

fuuuu

wiiU is a good system and it will only get better. they do need to improve their online though. its stupid because you can easily pull up your "friends" list from the main screen (just like xbl or psn) and you can see what your friends are doing.... but you can't message them from there. you have to go into a totally different menu to send them a message. why? makes no sense

Smokey

wiiU is a good system and it will only get better. they do need to improve their online though. its stupid because you can easily pull up your "friends" list from the main screen (just like xbl or psn) and you can see what your friends are doing.... but you can't message them from there. you have to go into a totally different menu to send them a message. why? makes no sense

if i got a wii u i don't think i'd ever even use the online functionality outside of buying stuff

read a couple madden next gen impressions from some NYC event this weekend. all you need to know is that they referred to madden current gen as a game that is already good and now next gen is raising the bar!

basically read like a press release from EA. but then there is pasta who basically says there are little changes here and there for the better but nothing major. fantastic!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont think im buying madden on PS4 if thats the case.

This year is a wash. Lets go back to the madden dota thread.

It never left.

i don't blame you for wanting to stay as far away as possible from anything NFL related. but chin up! the giants could win 5 or 6 games and maybe win that historically bad division!

as for madden next gen, i want to be optimistic but i will be shocked if it plays any different. shocked!

I fixed my smoker on Friday. 3 lbs of salmon been curing in the fridge. Two dozen chicken legs in my white wine brine. A friend is bbqing some ribs. Today is gonna be a good day!

Mrbob

I had a very slow start with my first game as Abaddon. Gyro was destroying me in the beginning. Got killed by him 3 times in like the first 10 minutes. I thought it was going to be terrible but I turned it around. Had an Abaddon beast by end game wrecking fools.

I'm surprised the Abaddon ult takes no mana to use. Pretty nice.

Top Bottom