• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Mrbob

So Killer Instinct isn't looking like that great of a deal anymore. 8 characters for season 1, and they plan on having 24 total. Gonna end up spending over 60 dollars for this game.

So Killer Instinct isn't looking like that great of a deal anymore. 8 characters for season 1, and they plan on having 24 total. Gonna end up spending over 60 dollars for this game.

stfu you don't know anything about fighting games. why do you want 50+ characters anyways? i love UMVC3 but lets be honest and say if i'm actually trying to beat someone i have my group of 10 guys that i choose from.

now its fun for a bit to just fuck around with losers like phoenix wright or tron or iron fist or whoever but when you get right down to it the game wouldn't be any worse without those people

KI is looking fucking legit and i don't care if there are 6 characters or 60! looking like the best launch game of either system. and actually dead rising is looking pretty good too! looks like my xbone decision is becoming easier and easier! the only problem is that it comes out on my wifes birthday and i think i wont be in town to receive it :(

Mrbob

You could have won the argument until you said KI is the best looking launch game on either system.

Dead Rising 3 looks fun. I think I'll get that and Crimson Dragon. Probably still grab KI because it is only 20 bucks for the 8 character bundle. I used to be a KI beast back in the day. I'll reclaim the throne.

Someone let me know if there's a good deal on the 3DS. This vita/phone duo ain't cutting it!
You better not play it until they release the full roster or you're a hypocrite!

there have been a few decent 3ds deals over the past few months. i would expect there to be some decent deals for it around black friday

Sokantish

I was going to and then I remembered the awful wait in between episodes of the walking dead so I'm just gonna hold off until it's all out.

Smokey

Made an easy $60 today slamming people online in NBA2K14. Going to the Xbox One fund. The goal is to pay off the rest of system with nothing but winnings.

Should be easy

eznark

Banned
I don't know how TWD was awful so I can't answer that question.

I laid out my criticisms back when it was new. Basically predictable, rote storytelling, uninteresting setting and meaningless choices masquerading as player agency.

I think the setting of this game seems awesome and the choice complaint was more reactionary to people acting like everyone had a different story or whatever but I still worry about their ability to write.

Sokantish

Even though I know choices don't matter I still loved both Mass Effect and TWD. Didn't really feel like the walking dead was predictable. I guess if you predicted zombies would attack, someone would betray the group, and these helpful guys are actually bad guys was predictable, I could see that. Isn't that the just usual zombie stuff though?

LiveWire

I laid out my criticisms back when it was new. Basically predictable, rote storytelling, uninteresting setting and meaningless choices masquerading as player agency.

I think the setting of this game seems awesome and the choice complaint was more reactionary to people acting like everyone had a different story or whatever but I still worry about their ability to write.

99% of storytelling in popular media is predictable. TWD obviously isn't the greatest story ever told by man, but it's way above most games. If that's how you felt about TWD don't bother with TWAS.

eznark

Banned
99% of storytelling in popular media is predictable. TWD obviously isn't the greatest story ever told by man, but it's way above most games. If that's how you felt about TWD don't bother with TWAS.

Well I thought they did a really good job with Back to the Future and I love Sam and Max. TWD felt like they felt trapped to do the generic zombie set pieces.

LiveWire

Sounds like you have more of an issue with zombie stories. I haven't played BTTF or the new Sam & Max games, but most reviews said Telltale got a lot better after those games.

brentech

Well I thought they did a really good job with Back to the Future and I love Sam and Max. TWD felt like they felt trapped to do the generic zombie set pieces.

man, i still forget to play Sam and Max. I think I've only played episode 1 so far.

Just played some Elder Titan (single draft, didn't really like any). Handily won the game and had some nice stats, but read up on him AFTER the game and realized i could stomp with my spirit.....that would have helped.
nice tanky support character though

brentech

damn, this NA'VI v Alliance game....

elder titan + OD combo is amazing
Edit: hot damn. Forced a 16min gg from alliance. Navi just wrecked shit

Mrbob

Na'vi destroyed Alliance that game.

So now that Madden current gen is over I have no more use for my 360. Is there an easy way to wipe the hdd and my profile? Going to sell it now and wait for Xbone.

Sokantish

I think you should keep the games on your HDD but delete your profile. You could get more money if you say you have some digital games on there. Or do you lose access to them if you're not logged into your profile?

Ferny

So now that Madden current gen is over I have no more use for my 360. Is there an easy way to wipe the hdd and my profile? Going to sell it now and wait for Xbone.
So now you're firmly in the Xbone camp huh?

didn't you buy any XBLA games? all that is going down the drain for what? $50 or so?

Mrbob

FMT I'm never going to play my 360 again. I hardly bought any XBLA games anyway. At least this is the case the last few years. Most of my indie game purchases are on Steam.

The last two years I think the only games I bought for 360 are Madden and NHL.

Not sure about games and profile usage.

So now you're firmly in the Xbone camp huh?

I've had Xbone pre order for months.

I'm pretty sure if you select whatever HD and go to options, you can reformat the thing.

And you can redownload games anytime, unlike Nintendo lol

Top Bottom