• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Mrbob

The Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook Not Good".

We need to see the final version of Madden before deciding but I don't have any faith Tiburon will deliver.

Sokantish

The opposite of ps3/xbox360 next gen reveal. That must be it! See before they showed stuff that wasn't even possible and looked great. Then released normal ol' madden. Now they're showing last gen madden and the actual next gen Madden is going to be the greatest NFL sim anyone has ever played.

Ramirez

The game looks like Madden 06, which I guess was actually the best looking Madden in a lot of areas, the framerate sucked though.

But the footage shown today looks nothing like their promotional videos they showed just last week, so strange.

i honestly don't care much about how it looks if they have improved the gameplay from current ge... LOLOL i can't even finish the sentence!

tiburon sucks fucking dick

Why is it that fifa and nhl are the two sports games that have their shit the most together

The two sports this country gives the least fucks about

Madden looks like liquid shit

Fmt you con artist. Providing false hope for next gen league

what false hope!? i told you as soon as madden current gen sucked dick that next gen would probably suck the same type of dick if not more of those dicks. what a shame the exclusive NFL contract exists

You just lost by 100 to the fucking Rams. At home. If you had any pride you'd be dead already.

they only lost to the rams because schaub threw 5 pick 6's. it's not like their "awesome" defense got skull fucked by sam bradford. nope, it's definitely schaubs fault and no one but!

Smokey

why u mad doe

You just lost by 100 to the fucking Rams. At home. If you had any pride you'd be dead already.

they only lost to the rams because schaub threw 5 pick 6's. it's not like their "awesome" defense got skull fucked by sam bradford. nope, it's definitely schaubs fault and no one but!

ilHX6yYrhvglE.gif

Smokey

you getting 2k on ps4? and if so do you think we'd have enough for a league? i have to have something fill the void that madden has left!

Yes because I cancelled my X1 order. That $500 could go towards every PS4 launch title. Or a new GPU. Or charity.

As for the league...with Madden shitting the bed it's a definite possibility. Only concern is the dumb way they set up the Online Association. Maybe it's changed for next gen since they have a different team working on that version..who knows..but at least I can edit sliders again!

Yes because I cancelled my X1 order. That $500 could go towards every PS4 launch title. Or a new GPU. Or charity.

As for the league...with Madden shitting the bed it's a definite possibility. Only concern is the dumb way they set up the Online Association. Maybe it's changed for next gen since they have a different team working on that version..who knows..but at least I can edit sliders again!

i'm getting close to cancelling my xbone order. i really want KI and i'm interested in dead rising 3 but there's literally nothing beyond that (even on the horizon) that is getting me excited (that i can't also get on ps4)

but ps4.... killzone looking legit, deep down and some other F2P games im looking forward to, driveclub (free!), infamous coming out in a couple months, the order, a handful of indie games i'm excited about and i feel like sony first parties will be churning out some other good stuff. plus the controller is getting great reviews!

Smokey

i'm getting close to cancelling my xbone order. i really want KI and i'm interested in dead rising 3 but there's literally nothing beyond that (even on the horizon) that is getting me excited (that i can't also get on ps4)

but ps4.... killzone looking legit, deep down and some other F2P games im looking forward to, driveclub (free!), infamous coming out in a couple months, the order, a handful of indie games i'm excited about and i feel like sony first parties will be churning out some other good stuff. plus the controller is getting great reviews!

if i can do it so can you bruh. the latest CBOAT thread pushed me over this morning.

embrace the shitty dual shock

Mrbob

The biggest reason to skip XB1 is Nintendo shitting on the XB1 launch by releasing two power house games on the same day.

Besides the obvious truth fact the dual shock 4 is the best next gen controller. :)

something about m25 "footage" reminds me of nfl fever

i'll give NFL fever the nod actually. at least they tried something difference with the read and lead passing system! i feel with a few more years they could've fine tuned it into something good but oh well :(

remember the early xbox sports line? it wasn't that bad! i actually loved NBA inside drive!

brentech

i'll give NFL fever the nod actually. at least they tried something difference with the read and lead passing system! i feel with a few more years they could've fine tuned it into something good but oh well :(

remember the early xbox sports line? it wasn't that bad! i actually loved NBA inside drive!
I played a good bit of backbreaker on xbox when in had it. Lol

Mrbob

I think GTA5 uses the same NaturalMotion technology found in Backbreaker.

EA needs to come up with a solution to fix their janky ass animation found in Madden. Please fix the presentation someday too. Lifeless stadiums with unrealistic crowd reaction alongside terrible presentation. We can joke about 2k but I think we can agree 2k presentation destroys modern day Madden. Hoping 2k14 next gen takes their top end presentation to another level.

Ferny

Inside Drive was an awesome game. I remember it being one of the first sports games to do stats that actually changed in a game like if you made a bunch of threes and broke the record, it would tell you in game and then keep that stat for future games. It had to do with the HDD and all the new information it could hold.

eznark

Banned
because EA Canada makes those two games.

They can't rest on the popularity of their subject matter. They need to make an amazing game for anyone to give a shit. Madden is basically Halo/Call of Duty. The brand is established so just shit out any trash. Brilliant games like Darkest of Days need to put a lot of love and care and thought into their product because no one knows what it is.

I think GTA5 uses the same NaturalMotion technology found in Backbreaker.

EA needs to come up with a solution to fix their janky ass animation found in Madden. Please fix the presentation someday too. Lifeless stadiums with unrealistic crowd reaction alongside terrible presentation. We can joke about 2k but I think we can agree 2k presentation destroys modern day Madden. Hoping 2k14 next gen takes their top end presentation to another level.

Who gives a fuck about presentation? Do you even play single player?

Mrbob

I'm thinking more along the lines of NFL2K. The commentary was legit, plus the overlays kept everything current. This happened real time when online.

I'd take a change to stadium atmosphere first though. When I'm on the road I want it to feel like a road game. Plus I'd love the crowd to react properly in key situations but this is probably too much to ask.

What do you mean? NBA 2k has always had great presentation. The commentary is one of thr best parts of the game too.

The in stadium PA sounds are horrible, most of them sound fake as shit and the crowd always sounds like Zombies when they chant

I've never felt compelled to turn on the sound when I play 2k

They can't rest on the popularity of their subject matter. They need to make an amazing game for anyone to give a shit. Madden is basically Halo/Call of Duty. The brand is established so just shit out any trash. Brilliant games like Darkest of Days need to put a lot of love and care and thought into their product because no one knows what it is.

this is pretty much true

and sad :(

Top Bottom