• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Mrbob

You guys flip flop more than me.

I'm sticking with both systems by stealing a monthly stipend from sokas trust fund.

Edit: Watch Dogs delayed till Spring 2014. I'm ok with this. One less game to buy in November.

eznark

Banned
Did you sell your 360?

Phee, I'm living a lie. I cancelled my autorenew on xbox live yesterday which means I'm never going to no play hockey. I'm a terrible Internet acquaintance. I will be there for next year's version for sure. I just cannot get myself to give a singular fuck about the 360 these days.

BigAT

lol, you were going to play Watch Dogs on a console?

I'm not getting either console at launch. I'm sure there were plenty of people that were going to play Watch Dogs on console though since there really isn't much else to play initially.

brentech

Welp, Killzone it is!

Yeah, going to cancel that preorder. I guess it's for the better. Developers realizing that having a launch release title doesn't necessarily help their image if the game isn't polished. People expect quality titles, it isn't worth putting something out just to have it out.

Just played as CM. Started the game in a lane with Bloodseeker (which doesn't make any sense to begin with), but against Axe, and his dot could kill me over 2 hits. Was the worst start of a game over. I died twice. Said fuck it and just changed lanes and started helping ganks. Game turned around after that and we just cruised.
Once I had BKB + ultimate, it got really easy.

eznark

Banned
And no DVR. You are a technological marvel.

I use the headphones for gaming at night because while I also have a home theater system I also have kids who are the lightest fucking sleepers in the world.

Mrbob

Sony is starting to put up PS4 pre orders on the PSN store online. Knack is the first one up.

I may partake in some pre orders if more games go up. Right now you get 10 dollars back for every 50 dollars spent on the playstation store through Oct 29.

Also, Warframe is up even though its free:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ps4)/cid=UP2097-CUSA00080_00-WARFRAMEFINAL001

Might as well pre order because the devs give you some free stuff for pre ordering. This might the first game I play on my PS4. Looking forward to playing it with the Dual Shock 4. Wonder if I can transfer over my PC account.

Nightz

Drove up to LA this past weekend and saw a sign for a Soka University. Must be where people go to learn how to make the big bucks.

short of dreamcast, there has never been a console launch with great games. i think both consoles have 1 game that i'm really pumped for (killzone and killer instinct) and then a handful of games i'm interested in for ps4 and dead rising for xbone. i can see why people would skip the launches but i jus dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Ferny

I'm way more interested right now in the Ps4 lineup, but the Xbox One lineup down the road is appealing too. I just don't see a reason to get both right at launch.

Mrbob

Worse controller and worse launch lineup, deal with it Smokey. Not sure how triple titans has trouble finding 500 dollars for another system. Be an unbiased console warrior like me.

Also, Newegg currently has a 15 percent coupon on Samsung SSDs:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1786004

Knocks the 1TB drive down too 509. I may do it.

Edit: Code is already dead before 24 hours. :( Supposed to be a 72 hour sale.

Smokey

Halo 3 is free on xbl

I think I'm going to download it, play mp. Relive the glory days when bungie weren't vags and show kids they were bad (ranks). Pre dmr. Pre bad maps. Pre loadouts. Pre COD ruining the genre

;_;

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Halo 3 is free on xbl

I think I'm going to download it, play mp. Relive the glory days when bungie weren't vags and show kids they were bad (ranks). Pre dmr. Pre bad maps. Pre loadouts. Pre COD ruining the genre

;_;

I thought about downloading it but i have the damn disk.

I might throw it in just to remember how that game was.

BigAT

dat 50GB NBA2K14 next-gen download lol

For all the talk about the all-digital future pretty much being here, they really need to greatly improve online infrastructure over what it is now. It took me quite a while to download (and install) Shadow of the Colossus HD the other day and that was only like 6 gigs. I can only imagine how long it could potentially take to get a dual-layer Blu-ray game.

rinse82

Killzone is also 50gb, those 500gb hard drives are gonna get full fast. Better upgrade! (oh wait you can't on xbox one for awhile)

Not to mention 50gb is likely more bandwidth than what a majority of people have on a monthly basis from their ISP

Sanjuro

I don't think there are any launch games (maybe Killer Instinct) that are must buy games. I might wait a bit after launch to pick up either console.

People have been hyping Killzone since when? 2004? Game is trash.

Mrbob

New hope for Somnia and mouz!

I don't think there are any launch games (maybe Killer Instinct) that are must buy games. I might wait a bit after launch to pick up either console.

If the best next gen game is a Double Helix title you might as well cancel next gen now.

eznark

Banned

Totally agreed until Mercenary, which is fucking awesome.

Mrbob

You keep hyping up Mercenary. I might have to grab it.

Sony continuously allows GG to make Killzone games. You would think they would figure it out through repetition alone.

eznark

Banned
Same thing that makes the PSP God of wars awesome. Totally competent game play but visually fantastic and on a portable.

Top Bottom