• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

290X "TITAN KILLER SMOKES AM CRY Ed." w/ BF4 for $580??????

Not sure how long i can resist that! Shakebox2.0 coming soon perhaps

and it'll still be a doto box lulz

rinse82

lol @ people buying next-gen controllers early

I know, I get it. People want to hold the new, shiny toy. They can even use it on their PS3. I just find it silly.

Mrbob

Well, if you want an extra controller you might as well get it now.

How does running the Dual Shock 4 on your PS3 handle things like start and select, or rumble?

If I can hook it up to my PC and use all the functions I may pick one up.

rinse82

Well, if you want an extra controller you might as well get it now.

How does running the Dual Shock 4 on your PS3 handle things like start and select, or rumble?

If I can hook it up to my PC and use all the functions I may pick one up.

I'm waiting for my KZ bundle with extra controller =)

Mrbob

I guess there is some quirks to hooking up the DS4 to PS3 and PC. I'll wait on buying an extra controller.

Also, I agree with Soka about previous Killzone games. Never cared for them. Shadow Fall is mixing things up both single and multi. Now in single player you are basically thrown onto a level and told to just go. You have a start point and finish point but now it is up to you how you want to get there. I don't know if GG has the talent to pull this open level design off but if they do this is a super refreshing take on the FPS genre. Almost getting back to the Doom days where you have multiple routes to your objective versus being funneled in a tunnel CoD style. Plus the mutator aspect with multi sound great. Perhaps this will be Killzone's Modern Warfare moment.

Sokantish

You haven't played ARR, what do you know, FMT?! I try to play every major MMO that comes out at release then quit them like three weeks later. It's what I do!

eznark

Banned
I guess there is some quirks to hooking up the DS4 to PS3 and PC. I'll wait on buying an extra controller.

Also, I agree with Soka about previous Killzone games. Never cared for them. Shadow Fall is mixing things up both single and multi. Now in single player you are basically thrown onto a level and told to just go. You have a start point and finish point but now it is up to you how you want to get there. I don't know if GG has the talent to pull this open level design off but if they do this is a super refreshing take on the FPS genre. Almost getting back to the Doom days where you have multiple routes to your objective versus being funneled in a tunnel CoD style. Plus the mutator aspect with multi sound great. Perhaps this will be Killzone's Modern Warfare moment.

Wow. No one has done that since Crysis 3!

Mrbob

Maybe the original Crysis or Warhead. Sure not Crysis 2 or Crysis 3. Crytek basically turned each level into 2 to 3 tunnels you get to choose from.

eznark

Banned
Crysis 2 was more wide open than any FPS outside of Crysis 1. I haven't actually played Crysis 3.

Far Cry 2 was also amazingly wide open. You're a dumb dummy bob!

Shake, did you sign up for the tournament?

Sanjuro

I loved the first Far Cry. Never could get into the third one. I knew it wasn't a bad game, just couldn't motivate myself to push through. Blew up a shark though.

Colasante

Are more people here buying Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall for PS4? I think I'll be getting Madden, NBA, and one of them, but I'm not sure which to buy.

Mrbob

This thread is getting back to normal. Needs more Dota talk.

Are more people here buying Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall for PS4? I think I'll be getting Madden, NBA, and one of the them, but I'm not sure which to buy.

I'm pretty sure Killzone is going to win out.

My launch lineup right now is NBA 2k14, Killzone, and Battlefield 4.

I'll more than likely end up with Madden against my better judgement.

I'll also probably pick up Knack at some point to play with my daughter.

Mrbob

That would require going to the East Coast.

When does PAX CHICAGO ever happen?

Also, I watched some of the AC4 PS4 UBI livestream and that game looks good. May have to get it. Maybe it will motivate me to finish Brotherhood and Revelations after.

Sanjuro

That would require going to the East Coast.

When does PAX CHICAGO ever happen?

Also, I watched some of the AC4 PS4 UBI livestream and that game looks good. May have to get it. Maybe it will motivate me to finish Brotherhood and Revelations after.

Yes. Lets have a PAX event and sent everyone to Illinois. This is why you have Jay Cutler, Bob.

if i keep my xbone preorder, i'll get killzone, madden, nba 2k on ps4.

if i don't keep my xbone preorder, i'll get killzone, madden, nba 2k, knack and MAYBE asscreed

sounds like a few of us are going to be the crash test dummies for madden next gen. we should know within a couple hours of playing if the game is worth running a league on or not!

speaking of, current gen madden is getting a gameplay patch! check out these fantastic fixes!

GAMEPLAY
- Tuned in-game injuries which were occurring too frequently.
- Tuned pull blocking in various scenarios on the offensive line.
- Tuned down broken tackles when using the Truck Stick.
- Fixed an issue with toss/sweep plays when game speed was set to Slow
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
- Fixed an issue with Solo Challenges awarding players a win without finishing the game.
- Fixed an issue where offline users that earned a Gold in a Skill Tutorial would not receive the content in Madden Ultimate Team.
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
- Fixed an issue where some players from an Imported Draft Class would not have facemasks.
- Tuned ratings for imported draft classes (Coming in too low compared to NCAA 14 ratings).
- Fixed an issue with accelerated clock in CFM Head-to-Head games.
- Fixed an exploit where users could make trades outside of Week 8 from the web.
- Fixed an issue where the same draft storylines would appear in consecutive seasons.
- Fixed an issue where the Vikings stadium overlay would show unrealistically low temperatures and heavy snow during the preseason.
- Fixed an issue where toggles for Heat Seeker, Switch Assist, and Ball Hawk would be OFF in game even though they were ON in league settings.
PRESENTATION
- Reinstated touchdown celebrations in all online game modes.
- Improved logic used to select GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Game.

that's weird, for some reason it's missing the following:

- Fixed sliders so that they actually work
- Made offensive lineman ratings actually mean something
- Made is possible to play consistently good defense
- Made it possible to save replays in CCM

but no, thank god that the logic for GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Game was improved!

eznark

Banned
Dotabuff is so weird. Crows profile says he played with CB 80 times. CB's profile says he played with Crow 81 times.

I'll join whatever team. #1 NA Dazzle support is great in CM since he'll never get banned! I was the first to respond to Shake's call but got snubbed so I'd like to join a team with the sole purpose of crushing his soul.

BigAT

So, a team with Bob and Live.

Bigat
Live
Bob
Sanjuro
FMT

7WVkSoK.jpg

Smokey

R290 is a beast if this is true:

http://videocardz.com/47256/amd-radeon-r9-290-performance-revealed

$449 and R290 OC gets almost to R290X overclock level.

The 290 and 290x are like the GTX 470/480. They run hot.Loud coolers . High power draw. Good performance. You're pretty much paying for brute performance. It's like choosing a Mustang 5.0 over a M3 when you have the means to get both. Mustang is neck and neck with a m3 on a track..but Cmon now.

If someone were to get a 290/290x they really should wait for the vendors to launch the card with custom fans etc.

Brute power and price is all AMD has over nvidia st the moment. G sync changed da game

Top Bottom