• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Mrbob

Smokey, I'm on the 780 train now. Classified way too expensive so I bought what looked like the next best EVGA card. Superclocked with double bios:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130951

My first video card I've spent over 400 for I believe. Don't know if I necessarily need the card right now. But I can pay it off and get ready next year when I buy an Asus Gsync monitor. This is what I really want this card for so I can start pushing games past 60FPS.

I guess I get Uplay codes for AC4 and SC, hooray.

brentech

Prolly just get through this early part of the generation with my MSI 660 TFIII/oc, then bump to a 870 or 880 when they release. Probably pick up a second monitor as well

TheCrow

Prolly just get through this early part of the generation with my MSI 660 TFIII/oc, then bump to a 870 or 880 when they release. Probably pick up a second montior as well

Yep, decided to do the same after thinking of getting a 780. Maybe I'll even upgrade my cpu but that would probably mean getting a new motherboard. But think of how well dota will run!

brentech

Yep, decided to do the same after thinking of getting a 780. Maybe I'll even upgrade my cpu but that would probably mean getting a new motherboard. But think of how well dota will run!
Yea. I just built this system in March of this year. Knew the 700s were coming out, but not exactly when, so kind of built thinking I'd be waiting for the 800s to release. I did get really tempted to pick up a 780, but luckily I fought off the bug.

Mrbob

Yeah you can always wait for something better.

I can almost predict next years lineup.

The 870 or 870 ti will be the equivalent of the 780. The 880 will be faster (but probably not much faster than a 780 OC ). The 880TI will be the fastest card.

Have to wait for 20nm before we get bigger jumps, which isn't due until late 2014 at earliest.

Edit: Not sure about Battlefield. I got a key from Green Man Gaming.

brentech

The 870 or 870 ti will be the equivalent of the 780. The 880 will be faster (but probably not much faster than a 780 OC ). The 880TI will be the fastest card.

Are you some sort of wizard that can see the future?

lol, that's basically what happens each generation unless they decide to change terminology.

got around to watching some BF4 videos and damn this game looks awesome.... especially the PC stuff but even the ps4/xbone looks really good. i played BF3 for a little bit on ps3 when it was free for ps+ subscribers (and by a little bit i mean 15 minutes) but didn't like it. maybe i will buy this afterall with the target deal

eznark

Banned
PC. Which means it's definitely installable from disc, which is the reason I got it. It would take me a fucking week to download 30 gb.

I just couldn't wait three weeks for PS4. Maybe I'll get it there too if Shadowfall ends up sucking.

eznark

Banned
I picked up BF4 at best buy and next to the tiny PC games selection was their rack of pre-paid cards. They now sell Origin cards and on the card it says, proudly: "OVER 50 GAMES!"

haha what the fuck?

I picked up BF4 at best buy and next to the tiny PC games selection was their rack of pre-paid cards. They now sell Origin cards and on the card it says, proudly: "OVER 50 GAMES!"

haha what the fuck?

well its not wrong!

p.s.

is there a demo released for BF4? i want to test it out to see how it would look

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
those Genesis 3D remakes are coming to the US 3DS eshop finally.

What kind of bizarro world am i living in where Sega is making all the right moves?

eznark

Banned
Ugh, Wario64's twitter stream is a massive buzzkill.

- no DLNA
- no support for current headsets
- no exporting recorded content other than "share"
- pubs can restrict recording
- no MP3's
- "The PS4 system does not support client functionality for media servers."

Ugh

Smokey

Smokey, I'm on the 780 train now. Classified way too expensive so I bought what looked like the next best EVGA card. Superclocked with double bios:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130951

My first video card I've spent over 400 for I believe. Don't know if I necessarily need the card right now. But I can pay it off and get ready next year when I buy an Asus Gsync monitor. This is what I really want this card for so I can start pushing games past 60FPS.

I guess I get Uplay codes for AC4 and SC, hooray.

Da fuck. The classified was just $570 two days ago. Shameful. That card you got probably OC's further than my Titan. Now your next step is to get away from 1080p. Outdated resolution. I had to keep checking to make sure I had bf4 at ultra when I went to my 1080p screens.

Sorry, didn't realize I was dealing with McNeily.

actually i'm just debating if i want to upgrade the ram in the pc i built in 2011 or if i want to build a new PC and connect it to my tv since i'm not buying an xbone this year anymore. not sure if i want to drop another $1000 on a pc when i don't play it that much but it would be cool

i looked up my order with new egg from 2011 and i bought the same brand of ram and it has worked out good enough. thanks bruvuh

eznark

Banned
Honestly when I am looking at ram I usually just grab Maximum PC and pick up whatever they have in their monthly "best build" on the last page. When the biggest difference comes down to the colors you paint the things with I no longer give a fuck to do the research.

If you are going to build a new PC though you may as well get 16gb because WHY NOT

Honestly when I am looking at ram I usually just grab Maximum PC and pick up whatever they have in their monthly "best build" on the last page. When the biggest difference comes down to the colors you paint the things with I no longer give a fuck to do the research.

If you are going to build a new PC though you may as well get 16gb because WHY NOT

agreed! i used the gaf thread about building your own pc in 2011 and that worked out since i only paid about $800 total for the one i built and it has performed very well over the last couple years. i was thinking about building a "console sized" pc to put in the living room but it seems impossible to find components and a case to fit it all in. i could buy the alienware x51 but it seems like a ripoff and i have enough space to fit a full sized pc anyways.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I don't know. When I think about building a HTPC it just seems like such a pain in the ass. I've gotten used to working with large luxurious cases that allow for awesome cable routing and shit to make it look so nice. I just don't think I want to cram all that stuff into a box, especially since I remain convinced that streaming high quality content to the TV from a computer on the network but somewhere else in the house is going to be feasible very, very soon.

Smokey

Guess I need to get to work on flipping my second ps4. They are going for $630+ on ebay. I'm ok with that. Maybe wait until after its out though and get it closer to $700..

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Guess I need to get to work on flipping my second ps4. They are going for $630+ on ebay. I'm ok with that. Maybe wait until after its out though and get it closer to $700..

jesus. i should have preordered two. thats insane

got my ps4 controller today from amazon after using that $30 off coupon. controller feels nice. it's smaller but i like it. i would test it out on some ps3/pc games but i don't have the right usb cable for it :/

Nightz

Was gonna flip my Xbone, but looking at what they're going for on eBay, I wouldn't have made much so I just cancelled it today. Using that money to plan a trip for me and my wife next year.

Was gonna flip my Xbone, but looking at what they're going for on eBay, I wouldn't have made much so I just cancelled it today. Using that money to plan a trip for me and my wife next year.

unless you're going to flip a game console via craigslist i just dont think its worth it. lets take ps4. so you spend $440 after taxes and sell it for $700. that's a profit of $260! but if you sell it on ebay (for instance), then they take whatever their cut is (10%?) so that's down to $190 profit. then lets say its through paypal, that's another 3% or so. thats down to $160. then you factor in the price of materials, shipping, insurance, etc. depending on where you're shipping the shipping cost can be $20+. so you're making $140 off it which i guess is good but is it worth the time and effort? maybe!

Nightz

Where to?
New York or Florida (wife always wanted to go to Disneyworld). Or both!

unless you're going to flip a game console via craigslist i just dont think its worth it. lets take ps4. so you spend $440 after taxes and sell it for $700. that's a profit of $260! but if you sell it on ebay (for instance), then they take whatever their cut is (10%?) so that's down to $190 profit. then lets say its through paypal, that's another 3% or so. thats down to $160. then you factor in the price of materials, shipping, insurance, etc. depending on where you're shipping the shipping cost can be $20+. so you're making $140 off it which i guess is good but is it worth the time and effort? maybe!

Yeah it's just too much of a hassle, especially the eBay route. Craigslist is awesome and I've sold a bunch of stuff on it, but I hate the part where you actually have to meet the person lol.

Top Bottom