• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Smokey

Something useful you can do in BF4:

3zVq8DR.jpg

The screen on the right is running Battlelog. While it's loading the game if you look at the bottom of battlelog it will say Battlemap, or something like that. When the match loads you can ALT-TAB out and move Battlelog to the other monitor. It gives you an overview of the entire map. You can see where spotted enemies are, movement etc. Can tell if a capture point is wide open or no. Pretty cool and helpful.

And I see that BF4 uses the hell out of the 2600k. All 4 cores and the 4 threads are maxed out at 100. Might even be a slight bottle neck. I noticed my GPU usage wasn't begged at 98-99%. It would sometimes hit in the upper 80s, then 90s etc... meaning the CPU is bottle necking a bit.

Mrbob

That's pretty sweet Smokey. 2DS for grown ups.

what are your PC specs? i'm interested in the game but trying to decide if i want to go pc or ps4 route. i think it'd look better on ps4 vs. my pc but im not sure

With your specs get it on PS4. I'm probably going to double dip on this game thanks to target and we can dominate online. Wish one premium account covered both PC and PS4.

Of course we have enough people to run squads on the pc version.

Smokey

I use battlelog on my iPad while playing...it's pretty neat but I can't say I ever use it

Yeah its much easier to move your eyes to a monitor directly to your right rather than looking at a smaller tablet. They really slowed down the leveling from bf3. I'm at 9, need to be a minimum of 10 before you an use commander mode.

eznark

Banned
Yeah its much easier to move your eyes to a monitor directly to your right rather than looking at a smaller tablet. They really slowed down the leveling from bf3. I'm at 9, need to be a minimum of 10 before you an use commander mode.

Really? Man I thought it was excruciatingly slow in BF3. I guess EA really wants to sell that XP doubler.

eznark

Banned
I woke up this morning and our steam chat was still on my computer CB. I couldn't stop laughing. You were so mad! I actually thought Crow was going to quit too.

We pulled it together for a dominating performance in the last game.

TheCrow

I woke up this morning and our steam chat was still on my computer CB. I couldn't stop laughing. You were so mad! I actually thought Crow was going to quit too.

What game was that? I don't remember playing with CB. But that last game did go well even though we could've finished better.

eznark

Banned
http://dotabuff.com/matches/365289515

I think it was my worst Razor ever, I kept thinking we were going to gank and it never happened giving a shitty Nyx some free early kills. Rors had no fun on Silencer and Bob gave it a go with NP for the second time ever.

CB couldn't quit dota fast enough afterwards.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/365315207

All shit.

That said, those were the only two losses in two days so not too shabby. Also up to a 66% win rate with Razor over 30 games. He has surpassed Warlock.

Smokey

Youve been used to call of duty. battlefield was always slow

Eh.. I put 250+ hours into bf3 mp. BLOPS 2 wasn't close to that total number. It just feels slowed down a bit from 3. That's not a bad thing I just want my commander mode.

eznark

Banned
Does battlelog track your stats across platforms? Do you have a unified soldier? If so I would totally double dip on that shit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I mentally quit in that last game when Nyx was going down the river to bot lane uncloaked straight for bob with both me and rors noticing while not even close to that area, while Bob was just there attacking creeps or something and gets wrecked.

It had already built to a certain point from the last game when Slardar was being fed like a fat man at a buffet in that lane.

Mrbob

Just got done playing a game of BF4. Our whole squad went into a tank and starting wrecking the whole game, so fun. I'd go out and repair the tank when necessary. Fighting tanks, choppers, planes, insane.

This is how you level up fast. We can a ton of bonus points for staying together. Game crashed on me when I left so I don't it processed my ribbons. :(

eznark

Banned
Fuck yeah, repairing is basically how I got every level in BF3. Though, it seemed last night like everyone is still just as shitty as me so I was able to kill some fools.

Side note: did you ever cast NP's ult?

Mrbob

I already own a 3DS. What is so good about the Zelda 3DSXL?

Eznark, I started casting it once I knew it was global. :cool:

brentech

Fuck yeah, repairing is basically how I got every level in BF3. Though, it seemed last night like everyone is still just as shitty as me so I was able to kill some fools.

Side note: did you ever cast NP's ult?

as a spectator, i saw it on cooldown once.

eznark

Banned
I'm so tempted to get that bundle. I have the zelda 3ds, I feel like I should complete the set!

Not trying to pile on, Bob, I know you hadn't played him much. Crow had to yell at me about Lich's E spell too. I didn't realize it gave opponents xp.

eznark

Banned
Holy fuck!

Resogun
ibb obb
Dragon's Dogma
Binary Domain
Soul Sacrifice

Amazing fucking month of plus! Jesus Christ. Guess I'll need to keep the PS3 plugged in. I can throw the 360 in the dumpster. I have the 360s and it's only worth like $75 or something.

Smokey

Just got done playing a game of BF4. Our whole squad went into a tank and starting wrecking the whole game, so fun. I'd go out and repair the tank when necessary. Fighting tanks, choppers, planes, insane.

This is how you level up fast. We can a ton of bonus points for staying together. Game crashed on me when I left so I don't it processed my ribbons. :(

I told you that. You get alot more points for doing stuff as a squad but you goons won't
squad up.

Paracel storm might be the best map in the game. The waves combined with the overall crazy shit going on in that map is great.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I told you that. You get alot more points for doing stuff as a squad but you goons won't
squad up.

Paracel storm might be the best map in the game. The waves combined with the overall crazy shit going on in that map is great.

Is wake island in the game

Top Bottom