• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Splat

unless you're going to flip a game console via craigslist i just dont think its worth it. lets take ps4. so you spend $440 after taxes and sell it for $700. that's a profit of $260! but if you sell it on ebay (for instance), then they take whatever their cut is (10%?) so that's down to $190 profit. then lets say its through paypal, that's another 3% or so. thats down to $160. then you factor in the price of materials, shipping, insurance, etc. depending on where you're shipping the shipping cost can be $20+. so you're making $140 off it which i guess is good but is it worth the time and effort? maybe!

ignore me :-|

Somnia

Come to Florida, man. We'll grab some beers and make fun of people at Downtown Disney while also discussing Dota strategy.

I'll be there in October next year probably during the food/wine festival. Think a few of us are gonna do drinking around the world, you should join us!

Housewives and retirees flip stocks. Big boys live reap dividends
and get buttfucked by capital gains double taxation

I think you have a backwards lol... Blue hairs and housewives saving for little Johnny's college fund are the ones playing boring(ie safe) dividend stocks.

You are a family man so you have an excuse! Over here I am single and just dont give a fuuuuuuck
lost $1000 today D:

BigAT

I think you have a backwards lol... Blue hairs and housewives saving for little Johnny's college fund are the ones playing boring(ie safe) dividend stocks.

You are a family man so you have an excuse! Over here I am single and just dont give a fuuuuuuck
lost $1000 today D:

Instead of wasting your money, you should have invested it in something smart like keys.

eznark

Banned

lost $1000 today D:

You probably know best.

It was both!

It's about scale.

I agree, it is certainly about scale and i lack the scale to make dividend stocks worthwhile. Your portfolio is no doubt bigger than mine and you have a family so you have different priorities as far as investments. For sheer % gains, which is what I chase, dividend stocks are not where it's at when it comes to flipping. Which is why I told you that you have it backwards. Housewives and old people want safe and reliable... not high risk/reward. Dividend stocks are awesome for safe and reliable wealth accumulation over years and years. They are great for people with huge war chests(not me), as you can just sit back and watch your money make money. Flipping blue chips that mostly trade sideways for <1% gains is for people with 7 figure portfolios, not me.

My war chest is tiny ($20k) so sticking it all in dividend stocks is worthless for my goals. If I put all 20K into ATT, which is the highest paying dividend stock on the DJIA with a 5% yield, I would make a measly $1,000 in a year. Booooooooring!

I tend to mess around in pretty risky holdings such as TSLA before the big breakout - over half the float was short when I bought and I gambled on a short squeeze after earnings - it worked! I had a 60% return on TSLA in two weeks. Take you average blue chip dividend and it would take roughly 25 years to earn the same % return I made. Sure, there are some risky dividend holdings like REITs and whatnot but even those are 8-12% yield.

My two biggest wins this so year were TSLA +60%, and FNMA +45% and those both easily cover my few misses. Losing is part of winning.

We can compare years % gains in december :)

eznark

Banned
I agree, it is certainly about scale and i lack the scale to make dividend stocks worthwhile. Your portfolio is no doubt bigger than mine and you have a family so you have different priorities as far as investments. For sheer % gains, which is what I chase, dividend stocks are not where it's at when it comes to flipping. Which is why I told you that you have it backwards. Housewives and old people want safe and reliable... not high risk/reward. Dividend stocks are awesome for safe and reliable wealth accumulation over years and years. They are great for people with huge war chests(not me), as you can just sit back and watch your money make money. Flipping blue chips that mostly trade sideways for <1% gains is for people with 7 figure portfolios, not me.

That's what I meant by big boys and scale. Once you can live on dividends checks you're a big boy! (not that I am doing so)

That said your way is a lot more fun. Also I don't actually actively manage my portfolio but I do miss doing so and maybe it wouldn't be lagging the fucking market if I were.

That's what I meant by big boys and scale. Once you can live on dividends checks you're a big boy! (not that I am doing so)

Ahhh, I gotcha! Your initial comment makes sense to me now lol. One day I hope to be a big boy like that

That said your way is a lot more fun. Also I don't actually actively manage my portfolio but I do miss doing so and maybe it wouldn't be lagging the fucking market if I were.

It's quite a bit of fun when I am winning. I took my first big loss pretty bad tho D: I am slowly learning to take all emotion out of investing which i think is helping

My war chest is tiny ($20k) so sticking it all in dividend stocks is worthless for my goals. If I put all 20K into ATT, which is the highest paying dividend stock on the DJIA with a 5% yield, I would make a measly $1,000 in a year. Booooooooring!

I tend to mess around in pretty risky holdings such as TSLA before the big breakout - over half the float was short when I bought and I gambled on a short squeeze after earnings - it worked! I had a 60% return on TSLA in two weeks. Take you average blue chip dividend and it would take roughly 25 years to earn the same % return I made. Sure, there are some risky dividend holdings like REITs and whatnot but even those are 8-12% yield.

My two biggest wins this so year were TSLA +60%, and FNMA +45% and those both easily cover my few misses. Losing is part of winning.

We can compare years % gains in december :)

how much packer stock did you buy doe

Mrbob

Now I don't feel so bad spending 500 dollars on a GTX 780. You spent 500 dollars on two shares of stock for a worthless piece of paper.

BigAT

I have two shares!

NFL team owner biiiiiiiiitch

Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif

Now I don't feel so bad spending 500 dollars on a GTX 780. You spent 500 dollars on two shares of stock for a worthless piece of paper.

No... I funded improvements to Lambeau voluntarily instead of that financial burden being placed on the taxpayer involuntarily. In the process, I got a cool piece of paper to hang on my wall!

get off my lawn you filthy poor!

i beat typing of the dead. the last boss was crazy as they throw quite a wrench into things. got top 10 on a couple levels. the last level i felt like i was almost perfect until the last boss :(

again i say.... buy this for $8!

I can't decide if playing at Medium with high FPS is better than Ultra with lower. I actually don't mind the lower FPS cause it feels a little more real. who runs and sees 60 FPS anyways!

Top Bottom