• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

eznark

Banned
Is it strange to anyone else that on like every night for the past two months the vast majority of all the people participating in the grudge match were on dota and now, suddenly, when the rubber meets the road this thread is full of lily livered turd stains?

Ferny

Is it strange to anyone else that on like every night for the past two months the vast majority of all the people participating in the grudge match were on dota and now, suddenly, when the rubber meets the road this thread is full of lily livered turd stains?

They can't take the pressure of a money game.

Mrbob

I know you guys have all been following Rome 2 as much as me ( September GOTM GOTY GOTG ), and The Creative Assembly uploaded this cool video on the equipment Roman Legionnaires carry when going out into battle. Some Rome 2 footage parceled in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fpOUQcAac&feature=c4-overview&list=UUugJq15BiB-c1NDYPHiznWQ

You can learn something as well. Educational. Watching some lets play videos on their youtube channel right now, so good.

Oh yeah, I'll sign into Madden tonight. We'll still doing that Madden thing, right?

eznark

Banned
I'm gonna go for a quick run, I can play after

I know you guys have all been following Rome 2 as much as me ( September GOTM GOTY GOTG ), and The Creative Assembly uploaded this cool video on the equipment Roman Legionnaires carry when going out into battle. Some Rome 2 footage parceled in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fpOUQcAac&feature=c4-overview&list=UUugJq15BiB-c1NDYPHiznWQ

You can learn something as well. Educational. Watching some lets play videos on their youtube channel right now, so good.

Oh yeah, I'll sign into Madden tonight. We'll still doing that Madden thing, right?

Yeah it looks amazing. Even the campaign looks good. I'm pumped. Shogun II was good but I just couldn't get into the time period since I don't really know much about it. I love me some Roman Empire.

Yeah it looks amazing. Even the campaign looks good. I'm pumped. Shogun II was good but I just couldn't get into the time period since I don't really know much about it. I love me some Roman Empire.

I have all of the Total War games sitting in my Steam pile o' shame.

Zep

Banned
Passing windows are a lot better than last year. I feel a 6000 yard season coming from Romo.

And that game had zero lag. I know we live close to each other but it played like an offline game.

Mrbob

Hey, look at this. It's not the placement of the sticks, but the ergonomics of the controller:

http://o.canada.com/2013/08/30/press-start-ps4s-dualshock-4-vs-xbox-one-controller/

I look forward to the day when Ramirez and Smokey both admit the Dual Shock 4 is better than the XB1 controller.

I still don't understand why MS shrunk the 360 controller for XB1.

Edit: Storybrook, actually the easiest to play Total War game will probably be Rome 2. Otherwise Shogun 2. But you can start with Rome 1.

eznark

Banned
I vote Rome 1 just because the civilization part is better done and the combat wasn't too micro focused

If the graphics bother you I'd probably recommend Napoleon as the easiest recent game. Scope is smaller and the battles start to get more similar to what they are today. I feel Shogun 2 requires too much micro for it to be easy for a newb to jump into.

eznark

Banned
Medieval 2 is definitely the one I wanted to like the most but the map was just fucking stupid.

Speaking of the dark ages, did anyone still need CK2?

Mrbob

Yes, I'll take it. Not home for a couple hours but I've wanted to dive into the franchise. Nice thing is I can import my CK2 save into EU4 when I get it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So nice getting Madden after not purchasing it for a couple of years (last one I bought and kept for any period of time was 2008).
This is awesome!
Started up Ultimate Team right away to check that out. Pretty cool.

I'm back!

Dirty Dirty Birds!!!

Top Bottom