• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

rinse82

When is the BigAT/Wellie playoff for the Giants happening?

Other than that it's just Zep and LJ who have to sign in, Drizz will do it today.

brentech

I feel like EA has been super quiet about Madden since launch, like way more than normal. And they're not saying much about next gen version. Don't know if that means they're keeping their heads down and focused on polishing the game, or if it's all just a big fat mess.

I feel like EA has been super quiet about Madden since launch, like way more than normal. And they're not saying much about next gen version. Don't know if that means they're keeping their heads down and focused on polishing the game, or if it's all just a big fat mess.

We haven't really heard anything about next-gen sports titles in general aside from the pre-alpha trailer for UFC and the crowd focused trailer for FIFA lately.

I assume they don't want to stall the sales of current-gen.

brentech

We haven't really heard anything about next-gen sports titles in general aside from the pre-alpha trailer for UFC and the crowd focused trailer for FIFA lately.

I assume they don't want to stall the sales of current-gen.

yeah, that part is probably the truth on that end.
but they're usually very vocal about what they're doing to improve the current Madden, and they don't seem to be saying much there either. I guess they just don't give a shit this year. Seems weird being the 25th anniversary and all.
not that i've spent any time with it. I've only played like 2 games. while playing I just get bored and want to start up Dota

McNei1y

I want to play NHL early! Not worth the money though for those few days.

And thanks for inviting me to play DOTA every night Splat (and eznark at times). You guys are pals. I just go to bed way too early nowadays or it's to late for me to commit to an hour game. Maybe that'll change when I get the hang of this shit.

BigAT

So after a lot of back and forth, I have decided that I am going to withdraw from the league for this year. There were several factors in play, the strongest one simply being a lack of interest right now. I have only played two games of Madden against the CPU so far and even both of those were purely out of a sense of obligation to practice. I just don't see having enough interest to last any sizeable amount of time into the season and the last thing I would want to do is potentially take the Giants from Wellington only to drop out a month or two later.

eznark

Banned
So after a lot of back and forth, I have decided that I am going to withdraw from the league for this year. There were several factors in play, the strongest one simply being a lack of interest right now. I have only played two games of Madden against the CPU so far and even both of those were purely out of a sense of obligation to practice. I just don't see having enough interest to last any sizeable amount of time into the season and the last thing I would want to do is potentially take the Giants from Wellington only to drop out a month or two later.

The fuck you say?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The 2 sweetest words in the English language, DE-FAULT!

Shitty part is that I was strongly debating withdrawing from the league this year too. My health has been not so good lately and i'm having a tough time dealing since I'm usually THE bull in the china shop. Long story short, had to go to ER Thursday for heart concerns, yadda yadda, they anesthesized me stopped my heart and zapped me to get it back to normal. I have a huge burn mark on my side from the shock and I'm on all kinds of meds. :)

All that said I cant pass this up, hopefully I can at least halfway fill ATs big shoes.

eznark

Banned

Shitty part is that I was strongly debating withdrawing from the league this year too. My health has been not so good lately and i'm having a tough time dealing since I'm usually THE bull in the china shop. Long story short, had to go to ER Thursday for heart concerns, yadda yadda, they anesthesized me stopped my heart and zapped me to get it back to normal. I have a huge burn mark on my side from the shock and I'm on all kinds of meds. :)

All that said I cant pass this up, hopefully I can at least halfway fill ATs big shoes.

At least your should have plenty of time for Witcher 2!

sorry to see you go AT. now you've given CB free division titles for the life of the franchise! i can't help but feel responsible since i know you gave up because you can't beat me but one day i will forgive myself :(

now i need to sell someone on the cards!

teams not signed in yet:

giants
cards
bills
vikings

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just admit it AT, dota did you in!

Happy CK gets his Giants. Hope you're doing better! I hope i play you early on so i can get drugged out welle in madden.

BigAT

LVX0dBI.gif

Really sorry to hear about your health stuff, hope it all works out well. I have had some heart concerns myself as well at various times in my life, but thankfully it has never manifested itself as anything beyond abnormal EKG readings. Always scary to know it's there though. The tall man's burden.

Hopefully AT returns in a future release.

I definitely will be. Not on the PS4 league this year, if that happens, but definitely on whatever platform we find ourselves on next season. This is absolutely just a temporary hiatus.

And it's not Doto related, that just seemed like a good way to punctuate things. I know you guys are all over Dota's nuts lately, but I was playing last year too!

McNei1y

So does this shit get started tonight possibly? Are we actually gonna play our pre-season games

FMT said we were playing preseason.

edit: Welp there you go.

Also, has that artist come out with an updated DOTA 2 character list? I want my Kunkka.

BigAT

AT wanted non of that hot Eagles offense this year. I understand, friend.

I double checked and they did upgrade Vick's speed rating from last year. Because 33-year-old players always get faster as they get older!

sorry to see you go AT. now you've given CB free division titles for the life of the franchise! i can't help but feel responsible since i know you gave up because you can't beat me but one day i will forgive myself :(

What? I was the only one to take you out last season. I assumed you would be celebrating now that you don't have to be scared anymore.

FMT.gif

I double checked and they did upgrade Vick's speed rating from last year. Because 33-year-old players always get faster as they get older!

What? I was the only one to take you out last season. I assumed you would be celebrating now that you don't have to be scared anymore.

FMT.gif

i beat you 80% of the time! championship!

Top Bottom