• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

I double checked and they did upgrade Vick's speed rating from last year. Because 33-year-old players always get faster as they get older!

What? I'm 34 and I'm almost positive I'm faster than I was last year.

Not really. Just hopeful speculation on my part.

The 2 sweetest words in the English language, DE-FAULT!

Shitty part is that I was strongly debating withdrawing from the league this year too. My health has been not so good lately and i'm having a tough time dealing since I'm usually THE bull in the china shop. Long story short, had to go to ER Thursday for heart concerns, yadda yadda, they anesthesized me stopped my heart and zapped me to get it back to normal. I have a huge burn mark on my side from the shock and I'm on all kinds of meds. :)

All that said I cant pass this up, hopefully I can at least halfway fill ATs big shoes.

Hope you are on your way to a full recovery. Get well friend!

In other news, did Sony make a mistake, I'm currently downloading the early release for NHL on my PS3.

LJ11

Logged in.

It's amazing how scripted Madden's become in certain areas, the run blocking is ridiculous. DE waiting on a counter to get blocked when he can blow it up before it gets anywhere. MLB just sitting in the gap instead of attacking downfield when he has a clear shot at shooting it and getting the back at or near the LOS. LBs sat back last year too, but the OL didn't get to them as quickly as they are this year.

Quick question to you PC gamers, how do you connect your rigs to the net? I'm contemplating getting those powerline adapters but have no experience with them. I'd prefer wifi, any wifi cards you guys recommend? Thanks in advance!

Desk is kind of far from my router. Should have clarified in my post. I'm connected directly right now but the wire is out in the open, nothing to hide it behind.

Is it feasible to get a wiremold of some sort to run the wire through or will that look worse?

McNei1y

I have a wireless card in my desktop. I don't have the luxury of being directly connected to my modem since I'm rooms away from it. I don't remember which model of wireless card I bought but it has two antennas on it if that helps.

Sokantish

I have before, my keyboard sometimes wouldn't respond and would cause me to die in World of Warcraft! At least that's what I blamed it on so I got rid of my dumb wireless mouse and keyboard

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We should start whenever CK signs in tonight. Cards and Vikings can suffer like g did.

LiveWire

Shitty part is that I was strongly debating withdrawing from the league this year too. My health has been not so good lately and i'm having a tough time dealing since I'm usually THE bull in the china shop. Long story short, had to go to ER Thursday for heart concerns, yadda yadda, they anesthesized me stopped my heart and zapped me to get it back to normal. I have a huge burn mark on my side from the shock and I'm on all kinds of meds. :)

Damn dude I'm really sorry to hear that. Rest up and get better soon. How's Courtney doing, is she taking care of you?

LJ11

Fine, ignore me LJ!

If we advance to preseason, Truelize you wanna play?

I didn't! Reading reviews. Mostly positive except for a couple of users who had there's die on them, but even they gave it a positive review. "Great product, shame it died on me."

Less than 20 bucks too, might be worth a shot. Was considering some internal Rosewill solution earlier.

Logged in.

It's amazing how scripted Madden's become in certain areas, the run blocking is ridiculous. DE waiting on a counter to get blocked when he can blow it up before it gets anywhere. MLB just sitting in the gap instead of attacking downfield when he has a clear shot at shooting it and getting the back at or near the LOS. LBs sat back last year too, but the OL didn't get to them as quickly as they are this year.

Quick question to you PC gamers, how do you connect your rigs to the net? I'm contemplating getting those powerline adapters but have no experience with them. I'd prefer wifi, any wifi cards you guys recommend? Thanks in advance!

I use the power line adapters as well. They are great.

What I've got at my place is a main router downstairs, with an adapter plugged in. I've got another adapter upstairs that I plug into another router so I have better wi-fi upstairs, and then I direct connect all my shit to that router

LJ11

I use the power line adapters as well. They are great.

What I've got at my place is a main router downstairs, with an adapter plugged in. I've got another adapter upstairs that I plug into another router so I have better wi-fi upstairs, and then I direct connect all my shit to that router

Everything will basically be in one room, or close enough anyway, same floor. Which adapter/brand did you buy?

eznark

Banned
First step is get a good wireless router. Second step is get that janky ass antena splat posted.

Or do what I did and just build a house from scratch with your gaming needs in mind! Pro-tip, run a big ass conduit from each room to the main hub. Makes post-construction wiring a breeze!

brentech

My router is in my living room entertainment stand so game consoles and TV are hooked up by wire. All computers use wireless. I have no issue with my desktop upstairs in office. Found a nice card on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0034CL2ZI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

By far the best wireless card I've had.

As for mouse/keyboard, I use wired mouse and wireless keyboard. For a desktop I always use a wired mouse, no actual preference on keyboard.

Wireless mouse if I use one on laptop.

LJ11

First step is get a good wireless router. Second step is get that janky ass antena splat posted.

Or do what I did and just build a house from scratch with your gaming needs in mind! Pro-tip, run a big ass conduit from each room to the main hub. Makes post-construction wiring a breeze!

I saw a $150 dollar Asus router that people were recommending. Will I really see a huge difference? I'm not living in some enormous home/apt.

My router is in my living room entertainment stand so game consoles and TV are hooked up by wire. All computers use wireless. I have no issue with my desktop upstairs in office. Found a nice card on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0034CL2ZI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

By far the best wireless card I've had.

As for mouse/keyboard, I use wired mouse and wireless keyboard. For a desktop I always use a wired mouse, no actual preference on keyboard.

Wireless mouse if I use one on laptop.

That's kind of my setup. Cable modem is hooked up by tv, router plugged in there. Consoles wired, rest is wireless.

eznark

Banned
I saw a $150 dollar Asus router that people were recommending. Will I really see a huge difference? I'm not living in some enormous home/apt.

That's the one I got. I saw a massive, massive difference. However my old router was like 4 years old so not sure what you are coming from.

Sokantish

This sounds like the most viable thing to do, get to it LJ.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I spent a few minutes looking at ratings just now. Specifically players on other teams who had similar stats. Donny is a fucking idiot. I mean, i knew that before, but jeez. I feel like he just throws shit at the wall and hopes something sticks.

i will say again:

PRE-SEASON IS 24 HOUR ADVANCE PERIOD. PRE-SEASON WEEK 1 IS STARTING TONIGHT. IF YOU DON'T WANT THE CPU TO AUTO-CUT SOME OF YOUR GUYS THEN I WOULD SUGGEST GETTING YOUR ROSTER DOWN TO 53 BEFORE TOMORROW NIGHT

Top Bottom