• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Pre-season Week 2

Games:

Chargers @ Bears
Falcons @ Ravens
Bucs @ Pats
Panthers @ Eagles
Lions @ Browns
Packers @ Rams
Cowboys @ Cards
Jags @ Jets
Dolphins @ Texans
Vikings @ Bills
Raiders @ Saints
49ers @ Chiefs
Titans @ Bengals
Broncos @ Seahawks
Colts @ Giants
Steelers @ Redskins

Other tasks:

None! No media stuff, no cuts.

But I have adjusted the time to 5 minutes. See how you like it, otherwise we could go to 6 for the regular season.

Trasher

While in principle all good items, that doesn't mean they're the best choice for every game you play as a character. Sometimes you have to adjust based on what opponents are capable of.
I was about to get blink, but fairly early on I just realized I needed health regeneration more than anything else. Once I had that, I rolled their team. 10/4/18.
Would I do it next game with him, maybe not, it's not an item I pick up often at all. Not saying your wrong on items, but it's what worked for me in this particular match. =/

I was trying to be nice by giving you advice. I mean it sounds like the game you played in was low tier enough that item builds didn't even matter, but I was just trying to enlighten you on how to use the hero more effectively. Blink should be your first big item (generally after your bottle/mana boots/etc). You'll get all the regen you need early on from the bottle/rune control. The blink dagger is important because it guarantees so many kills early on by making your stun/toss combo hit every time.

Heart definitely isn't terrible for later on, but you will be much more effective earlier in the game if you get some of those other items. Tiny can snowball very easily that way.

FMT, did you say how free agent signing is going to be this season? I'm gonna go grab 99 speed dudes okay?

Seattle Seahawks- 90

Denver Broncos- 89

Green Bay Packers- 88

New England Patriots- 88

Baltimore Ravens- 87

Atlanta Falcons- 86

Washington Redskins- 86

Chicago Bears- 85

New York Giants- 84

Houston Texans- 84

Indianapolis Colts- 83

New Orleans Saints- 82

Cincinnati Bengals- 81

Minnesota Vikings- 81

Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 81

Pittsburgh Steelers- 80

Dallas Cowboys- 79

Miami Dolphins- 78

St. Louis Rams- 77

Detroit Lions- 76

Carolina Panthers- 76

Philadelphia Eagles- 76

Kansas City Chiefs- 76

Tennessee Titans- 75

Cleveland Browns- 75

Arizona Cardinals- 74

San Diego Chargers- 73

Buffalo Bills- 73

New York Jets- 73

Oakland Raiders- 72

Jacksonville Jaguars- 72

FA draft order is here! In reverse order! so the jags get first selection and go on down the line! You get one player, then move onto the next guy. it may take a few days to get through so if you are counting on that one FA to turn your early season around then i'm sorry :(

Birdman02

fmt, it looks like the trade went through this time. i must have dismissed it last time.

sok, i might be able to play tomorrow night around 10:30 est or latet

Colasante

Good game, Trash, that was fun. Reggie Bush was destroying me in the first quarter. You might actually get 1,800 yards with him.

Trasher

Good game, Trash, that was fun. Reggie Bush was destroying me in the first quarter. You might actually get 1,800 yards with him.

lol

I still see that they haven't even fixed the problems with the same preseason shit that happened last year. Aka Calvin Johnson being in the game at fullback and TE. Trent Richardson was in the slot the whole game for you too haha. None of our 3rd string fuckers can cover them!

Zep

Banned
Trébius;80081073 said:
Thanks for the game, Zep.

Good game dude. Sucks that our starters were taken out...Game went really dull when that happened.

Screw the preseason, lets get this party started.

Time to gameplan for Wellington.

Trasher

Good game dude. Sucks that our starters were taken out...Game went really dull when that happened.

Screw the preseason, lets get this party started.

Time to gameplan for Wellington.

Just call plays with like double halfbacks and fullbacks and TEs and your starters will come back in!

Mrbob

After GTA4, at some point IGN has to feel embarrassed????

Some choice GTA5 preview quotes:

It was pure Hollywood. A random, breathtaking moment of awesome directly stemming from a decision I made. A purely emergent, life-and-death dance more exciting than every pre-constructed, quick-time event I’ve ever half-heartedly button-bashed my way through.

Make no mistake; Grand Theft Auto V is made of moments just like this.

And it feels incredible

You honk your horn outside of your buddy’s Vinewood apartment. He walks out and hops in your Aston Martin-ish car. He gets control of your radio. “Put it back on WCTR talk radio, dammit,” you say. “I want to listen to Lazlow.” You drive a couple miles, park, and get out.

To the right, over the ocean, the sun is setting. The sky glows orange as I near the first turn-off. Pulling into a more built-up area of town I’m reminded of the obsessive, incidental detail that amazed me during our first, hands-off demonstration. The cracked roads. The bespoke graffiti lining the walls. The unique shopfronts and billboards littering your line of sight. The city is colourful yet weathered. Living but lived-in. Like Liberty City before it, Los Santos is already making me feel as much like a tourist as a player.

Never mind November; I suspect the next generation will start when GTA V says it does.

Let the over hype commence

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
After GTA4, at some point IGN has to feel embarrassed????

Some choice GTA5 preview quotes:
Let the over hype commence

isObPb19g9dLA.gif

eznark

Banned
Bob is clearly talking to us about GTA V, CB. Did you ride the short bus? That wasn't exactly Kant in it's depth and complexity.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was your 360 just overheating or what, Wellie?
Yeah. I had opened it up last year and cleaned it out well and it never gave me a problem. I did the same two days ago and I put a high powered fan on it and it still died. It's an original launch unit so I more than got my money's worth but it sucks having to get a new one just two months before the next iteration comes out.

Has anyone had experience with the refurbished units they sell at GameStop? I literally just need something that will last as long as this league.

Smokey

Yeah. I had opened it up last year and cleaned it out well and it never gave me a problem. I did the same two days ago and I put a high powered fan on it and it still died. It's an original launch unit so I more than got my money's worth but it sucks having to get a new one just two months before the next iteration comes out.

Has anyone had experience with the refurbished units they sell at GameStop? I literally just need something that will last as long as this league.

i would go that route. i think there is a 30 day return policy on used systems? can't remember exactly maybe somnia knows

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

You should be fine with a refurb. If you had the skills to re-apply the heat paste on your current 360 it would likely be fine. 8-9 years of use that paste is bound to be dried up or have a couple of spots where it's not doing a good job pulling the heat off the chip anymore.

Top Bottom