• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

eznark

Banned
Looks like Breaking Bad has better lead actors, doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as The Shield, and has a more unique premise to latch on.

That would just be my observation.

The episodes I've seen Breaking Bad is way more serious and heavy handed than The Shield. If it gets less so I'd actually give it a shot, that oppressive depressiveness is what turned me off. Reminded me of that plastic surgeon show in FA, super dark just for the sake of being super dark.

Also wow been a long time since I over served myself to the point of puking. What a great night.

Sanjuro

The episodes I've seen Breaking Bad is way more serious and heavy handed than The Shield. If it gets less so I'd actually give it a shot, that oppressive depressiveness is what turned me off. Reminded me of that plastic surgeon show in FA, super dark just for the sake of being super dark.

Also wow been a long time since I over served myself to the point of puking. What a great night.

I forget some of the earlier seasons, it's been a while. Breaking Bad is fairly depressing, but the elements that come into place are done in a very dark comic world, if that makes any sense. It's a fairly grounded universe, while absurd.

AZ, I'm not totally confident I can/should play tonight---been busy as fuck the last few days and I'll be back later, but I'll keep you posted

I wouldn't be able to play Monday evening either, so if we can't get it in, you can CPU this if you want

Also hockey bros please don't let the club die lol. I can maybe play a game or two tonight sometime around 9:30-11 CT, but this week is going to be a lot of late nights again :(

Mrbob

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Wire
3. Sopranos

I have not watched The Shield

The Shield is amazing. Check it sometime. The only slight downturn is season 6, but that came up around the writers strike. Season 6 isn't bad, just not at the same high standard the rest of the show is at. Season 7 is amazing and I thought the ending was a fitting way to send the show off. Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows too, but I have to see how it ends before I put it above Shield tier.

Plus the ending of season 5 of The Shield is still the single best episode ever of TV.

Zep

Banned
My bad about not getting back to you rinse...sick as a dog right now. I can play today before the deadline.

Trasher

The Shield is amazing. Check it sometime. The only slight downturn is season 6, but that came up around the writers strike. Season 6 isn't bad, just not at the same high standard the rest of the show is it. Season 7 is amazing and I thought the ending was a fitting way to send the show off. Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows too, but I have to see how it ends before I put it above Shield tier.

Plus the ending of season 5 of The Shield is still the single best episode ever of TV.
Holy shit. My favorite boobs post of all time.

Rorschach

Can't do ATI anymore. Their drivers are always shit and their customer support sucks. Last ATI card I had was 4890. Big mistake. :( 9800 was the end of their prime!

NOLAN FUCKING CARROLL!
No1 in sports makes me angrier. How the hell is he still in the NFL? Why the fuck is he still on the team?

My dog is terrified now because of how angry Nolan Carroll makes me

Trasher

Picture sharing: The Lions were told before the game the machine to get sideline pictures was down and Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said “the whole first half we were flying blind.”

It wasn’t as big an issue in the second half because of an act of sportsmanship by Washington. The Redskins shared their pictures with Detroit.

“They shared their pictures in the second half,” Schwartz said. “They knew that we were at a (dis)advantage. They don’t have to in that situation but I thought it was a very sportsmanlike move and shows the class that they have.”

I never get these in Madden. Wtf

Trash game.

LiveWire

Picture sharing: The Lions were told before the game the machine to get sideline pictures was down and Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said “the whole first half we were flying blind.”

It wasn’t as big an issue in the second half because of an act of sportsmanship by Washington. The Redskins shared their pictures with Detroit.

“They shared their pictures in the second half,” Schwartz said. “They knew that we were at a (dis)advantage. They don’t have to in that situation but I thought it was a very sportsmanlike move and shows the class that they have.”

lol so that's why the score was even close. smh

Top Bottom