• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

BirdBomb

Banned
DCX said:
3-4 to many. Big deal dude, this league isn't that important that you should feel the need to inject you negativity into every post. I haven't hear one good thing said from you, never a good game, never hey man that one play was a great call, no it's how somehow the gods owe you something, if you were a better player you wouldn't have these issues. Man i had huge issues with Aka and Shawn in the NBA leaguer and we did our verbal jousting but it was done within AIM and kept out of GAF...i just don't understand....maybe it's me...but you haven't even tried to fit in to our little community, you have tried to make the community yours.

DCX

lol, i've tried to make the league community mine? what are you talking about?

if you would actually read my posts, in 1 of the posts about the colts game, i said the game was great aside from the things i didn't agree with. is that negative as well?

Does this make you any better to sit and say that all i post is negative comments, when you're doing the exact same thing right now. Was there a need for your little "he's argued with everyone in the league"? No, there wasn't. The conversation of the moment had nothing at all to do with you. Me and you had our beef, it's done, drop the grudge. Do i posts things after you trying to start stuff? no. How old are you? 10?

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
lol, i've tried to make the league community mine? what are you talking about?

if you would actually read my posts, in 1 of the posts about the colts game, i said the game was great aside from the things i didn't agree with. is that negative as well?

Does this make you any better to sit and say that all i post is negative comments, when you're doing the exact same thing right now. Was there a need for your little "he's argued with everyone in the league"? No, there wasn't. The conversation of the moment had nothing at all to do with you. Me and you had our beef, it's done, drop the grudge. Do i posts things after you trying to start stuff? no. How old are you? 10?
yes i am 10...how'd you know? quit bitching accept you loss and move on.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
quit bitching accept you loss and move on.

All in favor say "YAY"

BirdBomb

Banned
DCX said:
yes i am 10...how'd you know? quit bitching accept you loss and move on.

DCX

lmao who's bitching? is offering a rematch bitching? no. I'm doing what the commish said. If he said "hey DCX, your opponent threw too many slot posts, you're getting the win by forfit", you wouldn't say "ooh no no no, give me the loss." stfu and quit being an ass. Don't you have better things to do with your life? go play some madden, you're itching, remember?

bosevan

I have Tomorrow (Sat) free, so if you guys want to get some madden games in, hit me up on AIM : bonsevan77

And man I just got done reading the last 2 pages of posts and, lol, thats some guy drama right there if I have ever seen it. Entertaining read though.

As much as Birddo has bitched I think he should get the win, no going for it on 4th. Thats a no no, tough cookies. :D

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
lmao who's bitching? is offering a rematch bitching? no. I'm doing what the commish said. If he said "hey DCX, your opponent threw too many slot posts, you're getting the win by forfit", you wouldn't say "ooh no no no, give me the loss." stfu and quit being an ass. Don't you have better things to do with your life? go play some madden, you're itching, remember?
3-1 nuff said

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
DCX said:
3-1 nuff said

DCX

Tell you what DCX. We obviously can't get along. I think 3/4 of my arguments on the board have involved you, so how about this. don't post anything about me. I wont post anything about you. It's kinda stupid we have to revert back to 1st grade "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" tactics, but so be it. You're a good madden player, good luck this year. maybe I'll get lucky, win a few games and we can meet in the playoffs. Maybe next season we can get off on a better foot. Have a good seasonn

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
Tell you what DCX. We obviously can't get along. I think 3/4 of my arguments on the board have involved you, so how about this. don't post anything about me. I wont post anything about you. It's kinda stupid we have to revert back to 1st grade "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" tactics, but so be it. You're a good madden player, good luck this year. maybe I'll get lucky, win a few games and we can meet in the playoffs. Maybe next season we can get off on a better foot. Have a good seasonn
Thank you! Only took a few hours. Dude really i have no problem with you, i'm just messing with you :lol Watching Dr Phil has payed off! Good luck man!

DCX

Konex shouldn't have to forfeit the win or even replay the game just because of one play where he ended up actually punting anyways...that is just stupid.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:
Konex shouldn't have to forfeit the win or even replay the game just because of one play where he ended up actually punting anyways...that is just stupid.

Yep,if he had actually run the play then I would agree with Bird,but Bird chose to call a TO.He could have let the Konex run the play and then he would have had his free win.

BirdBomb

Banned
I think the problem was that he attempted to draw me offsides. Not that he was trying to go for it. I dunno, talk to vumpler.

Can we change topics? this 1 is getting old. Who's the biggest surprise so far?

BirdBomb said:
I think the problem was that he attempted to draw me offsides. Not that he was trying to go for it. I dunno, talk to vumpler.

Can we change topics? this 1 is getting old. Who's the biggest surprise so far?

I doubt we can just change topics. It hasn't really been settled.

Biggest suprise: bonsevan and the ravens.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
Yep,if he had actually run the play then I would agree with Bird,but Bird chose to call a TO.He could have let the Konex run the play and then he would have had his free win.

How would he have known at the time that he would get a free win if Cloudy went for it? All it looked like was that cloudy was going to break the 4th down rule so he had to call a time out. How was he to know Cloudy was just trying to get the lame AI to give him a gift first down?

Anyways I don't really see how this has turned into such a stupid bitch fest. The commish made the comment, if anyone has a problem with it they should whine to him. Personally I think he should keep the win and just know that next time he tries that lame shit it will be an auto loss.

bluemax

Banned
Ok so let me get this straight, your big complaint is he lined up for a play in 4th and 1 once, possibly to try and draw you offsides. You called TO and he came back out and punted it.

In the end he beat you by two scores so is one play really that relevant? Maybe I'm missing some context here but this doesn't sound like it changed the flow of the game, right?

I'm not saying I approve of Konex's tactics, I played him twice last year and felt some of the stuff he did was questionable and it probably partially cost me the games which cost me the playoffs. On the other hand I know there was more to the losses than just Konex's questionable play style.

So here's my thoughts: if you can provide evidence that this one play in question turned the tide of the game and is the reason you lost by 15 points, then I'll be on your side. Otherwise realize it's only a game and move on.

I understand your frustration and as someone who is new to these leagues I understand the position of not being one of the good old boys. For me I just move on, but keep track of things that seemed questionable, then when I've had a chance to chill from the immediate emotion of the game I question either the other guy or someone else about it. I really haven't felt the need to come here and call anyone out, because well it's just a game.

I really don't know what else to tell you. It sucks to lose but it's part of the game.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
How would he have known at the time that he would get a free win if Cloudy went for it? All it looked like was that cloudy was going to break the 4th down rule so he had to call a time out. How was he to know Cloudy was just trying to get the lame AI to give him a gift first down?

Anyways I don't really see how this has turned into such a stupid bitch fest. The commish made the comment, if anyone has a problem with it they should whine to him. Personally I think he should keep the win and just know that next time he tries that lame shit it will be an auto loss.

Read the rules of the league.

Any breaking of the rules means an automatic loss.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
Really? I should be 3-1 then.

And what rules have been broken against you?

What is with you two guys *sigh*

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
And what rules have been broken against you?

Someone ran the annexation of Puerto Rico.

Actually I shouldn't have said anything about it in the first place. This league has enough stupid drama as it is. I told the commish about not wanting to ever play the guy again on AIM while I was winning the game. He came back and won so oh well. This game isn't really worth getting upset about.

what is with you two guys *sigh*

Oh god cry me a river... I haven't started shit this league and aside from that one PS2 league where you got butt hurt I haven't had any serious beef with anyone else. Far less than what's gone on with other people around here.

Matrix

Bingo,this version of madden is not worth the drama.

Its broken in many areas and it was one of the reasons why I got rid of the game before.

I dont see the point in fighting over this game.I bitch more at the game itself than the people I'm playing.

Last gen drama was far better and worth it.

edit- wtf is butt hurt?

All I said is whats up with you guys and their you go,you were the one with the little I should be 3-1 comment.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawn I'm around today, hit me on aim and we'll get our game.

Guy's here is what we're going to go with on this whole situation. Regardless someone is going to be upset and if someone is literally just looking for a free win then I believe you're in the wrong league...

So for this game, this is what we're going to do.

The player who called the play on 4th a 1: If this person came to the line, and called fake snap even once the game is forfeited.

If the person came to the line, and just sat there the entire time he does not forfeit the game. That even includes the guy on defense calling the TO before the play got to the line. If the TO was called before he called a fake snap then the game is not forfeited.

This is the best way to handle it in this situation. On many occurrences the wonderful play selection in madden can get busted and not automatically have punt highlighted for you. So if he pounded out A real quick randomly you won't be punting. I've had situations where it's picked me going for it on 4th when I had no intention to do so. So if he just came to the line and was going to wait it out, take the 5 yard penalty and then punt fine. The game will never jump off sides just "randomly" without you hitting fake snap. So this is of no issue to the defense. It makes the situation really awkward, but if he goes for it on 4th, you get the win. If he calls fake snap, you get the win.

Rather he said he was trying to jump you offsides or not is a detail that I can't take as 100% relevant. He could just have very well pounded on the A button and was to embarrassed to say so. Millions of scenario's could come out of this but this is what we're going to go with. Like I said, regardless someones going to be upset with the way this was handled but its a very fair decision.

BirdBomb

Banned
vumpler said:
Shawn I'm around today, hit me on aim and we'll get our game.

Guy's here is what we're going to go with on this whole situation. Regardless someone is going to be upset and if someone is literally just looking for a free win then I believe you're in the wrong league...

So for this game, this is what we're going to do.

The player who called the play on 4th a 1: If this person came to the line, and called fake snap even once the game is forfeited.

If the person came to the line, and just sat there the entire time he does not forfeit the game. That even includes the guy on defense calling the TO before the play got to the line. If the TO was called before he called a fake snap then the game is not forfeited.

This is the best way to handle it in this situation. On many occurrences the wonderful play selection in madden can get busted and not automatically have punt highlighted for you. So if he pounded out A real quick randomly you won't be punting. I've had situations where it's picked me going for it on 4th when I had no intention to do so. So if he just came to the line and was going to wait it out, take the 5 yard penalty and then punt fine. The game will never jump off sides just "randomly" without you hitting fake snap. So this is of no issue to the defense. It makes the situation really awkward, but if he goes for it on 4th, you get the win. If he calls fake snap, you get the win.

Rather he said he was trying to jump you offsides or not is a detail that I can't take as 100% relevant. He could just have very well pounded on the A button and was to embarrassed to say so. Millions of scenario's could come out of this but this is what we're going to go with. Like I said, regardless someones going to be upset with the way this was handled but its a very fair decision.

If i don't get the free win, that's fine. im not going to pout over it. I don't understand why everyone is saying that I'm just looking for a free win. I didn't even bring up a free win until it was said by other people. I said in the post after everything went down that i did NOT want a free win, that i would rather just replay it. During the 4th and 1 play, i messaged him on AIM and asked what he was doing, 4th down is illegal in the 1st half. He responded with "im trying to draw u offsides". If that isn't taken as true, whatever, i won't lose any sleep at night. I lost the game regardless of that. But the rules do say if a rule is broken, then game is forfeited.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Can we have like a "no drama" rule?

I dont even see why this is an issue. He didnt even run a play! He punted! What the hell is the problem here?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This "Good Ole Boy" is thinking "who ****ing cares?"

All in all, this just adds another rule to the "rules." No attempting to draw offsides on 4th down. This wasn't a rul before hand, so you can't just come up with a rule and retroactively change an outcome of a game. The rule was no going for it on 4th in the 1st half. He (until the TO was called) had not actively hiked the ball. If he had, the rule would have been put in effect, but he didn't hike the ball. Shitty move, sure, but it's Konex. He's ruined hundred's of people's teams in the last few years.. (RIP Ohio State, Mets, Yankees, Oklahoma, Houston, etc etc). But what he did technically didn't break an existing rule.

Lonestar said:
This "Good Ole Boy" is thinking "who ****ing cares?"

All in all, this just adds another rule to the "rules." No attempting to draw offsides on 4th down. This wasn't a rul before hand, so you can't just come up with a rule and retroactively change an outcome of a game. The rule was no going for it on 4th in the 1st half. He (until the TO was called) had not actively hiked the ball. If he had, the rule would have been put in effect, but he didn't hike the ball. Shitty move, sure, but it's Konex. He's ruined hundred's of people's teams in the last few years.. (RIP Ohio State, Mets, Yankees, Oklahoma, Houston, etc etc). But what he did technically didn't break an existing rule.

exactly. It should be added to the rules list though. I wish we wouldn't even need these discussions.

DCX

DCX
I agree with the notion that the rule wasn't in fact broken but the intent was there, whether or not he hike the ball or not. You shouldn't even lineup in any other formation other than a punt formation. Vump did this to me in our 2nd game. He was down 21 i believe or 24, whatever it was in the first half, i stopped him cold going on full blown momentum, he went for it on 4th and 2 on his own 45 yd line, i always wait for a play to be called before i select my play, and i seen he lined up for a goal line, and i assume a goal line FB dive, anyway, he got it, proceeded to score and just deflate me.

He went on to tie the game in the forth with 21 seconds left went for 2 to win the game....it ****ing sucks, but the thing is the fact that, in my head, i thought he broke a rule, it just bugged me the rest of the game...at the time the rule was mentioned in the thred, not officially posted on the league daddy site....what could i do to dispute it...but what i'm saying i understand from Bird's perspective that he thought Konex cheated and that in fact changed his mindset on how to play the rest of the game, almost like mentally Konex has did his job...i'm sure if this was put to a vote, the simple fact that he punted anyway would mean people would vote to accept the game as is, but no one will take into account the mental advantage gained from this move...trust me, it does affect you because if anyone plays sports games the way i do, it's extremely focussed and emotional, i pump fists when i have a big stop, jump when i score and punch the couch when i throw an int...

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
I agree with the notion that the rule wasn't in fact broken but the intent was there, whether or not he hike the ball or not. You shouldn't even lineup in any other formation other than a punt formation...

..or a FG formation! Or the Victory formation (end of game)!

DCX said:
I agree with the notion that the rule wasn't in fact broken but the intent was there, whether or not he hike the ball or not. You shouldn't even lineup in any other formation other than a punt formation. Vump did this to me in our 2nd game. He was down 21 i believe or 24, whatever it was in the first half, i stopped him cold going on full blown momentum, he went for it on 4th and 2 on his own 45 yd line, i always wait for a play to be called before i select my play, and i seen he lined up for a goal line, and i assume a goal line FB dive, anyway, he got it, proceeded to score and just deflate me.

He went on to tie the game in the forth with 21 seconds left went for 2 to win the game....it ****ing sucks, but the thing is the fact that, in my head, i thought he broke a rule, it just bugged me the rest of the game...at the time the rule was mentioned in the thred, not officially posted on the league daddy site....what could i do to dispute it...but what i'm saying i understand from Bird's perspective that he thought Konex cheated and that in fact changed his mindset on how to play the rest of the game, almost like mentally Konex has did his job...i'm sure if this was put to a vote, the simple fact that he punted anyway would mean people would vote to accept the game as is, but no one will take into account the mental advantage gained from this move...trust me, it does affect you because if anyone plays sports games the way i do, it's extremely focussed and emotional, i pump fists when i have a big stop, jump when i score and punch the couch when i throw an int...

DCX

Is this last season we are talking about? Just curious. Last season I remember someone did this to me as well and I was so pissed, but it also wasn't in the rule either. It really does piss you off and take you out of your game. But anyways lets move on. Whats done is done. I wonder how much longer till a new drama comes up.

hgplayer1

:lol

Im glad I wasnt in the middle of that game. Ive been known to bitch a time or two in these leagues.

In all honesty I hate bringing up issues I have with other players but its just too annoying to let it slide sometimes. I think no matter how many rules we make someone is going to push their interpretations to the limits at some point. Its too bad it seems to be the same people sometimes.

I play Madden pretty straight up. I dont throw too many different things at my oppenent other than my offensive or defensive set. I can understand that some guys play the game to win and nothing else and I understand that it can be fun to try something that forces your opponent to think instead of just letting the player stats take care of the play, but sometimes it seems like those two things add up to a game that doesnt represent sim play or seems to break the rules.

I think all of us honestly think we play sim ball but in my opinion there are several different ideas of what sim video game football is in this league and thats a big part of the problem.

If the majority of the league was on the same page then the only bitching you would be reading about is why a player didnt make a catch or why a penalty wasnt called or why someone was ruled out of bounds or some other thing in the game that neither player had control over. Instead we get this constant complaining about what are the rules and what rules do we need.

Maybe we ought to throw out the sim aspect of the league and let everyone play to their hearts content and see how it goes. Im sure you would have some people called out as being cheesers but at least the lack or rules would allow them to show their true nature and they wouldnt have to worry about defending themselves every a time a play or style of play is called into question.

You know if the damn Cowboys had only won that game I wouldnt be sitting here typing all this shit out. :lol

AirBrian

Rorschach, when do you want to play our Week 4 game? Anytime tomorrow except during football games is fine with me. Dallas is going to get iced in tomorrow, so I've got all day. :lol

Aka, CB, Vump...

I am up and running today now, so everyone that has been waiting to play me come on!! Holler at me on AIM: ProfessaSkillset

Matrix

sableholic said:
Matrix when did you want to play our week 4 game?

How late are you up tonight? I'm wathing the Rockets game and its almost half.

I'm free to play tomorrow night after 24.

Matrix said:
How late are you up tonight? I'm wathing the Rockets game and its almost half.

I'm free to play tomorrow night after 24.

24 is on Sunday? Anyways I just finished watching the Eagles lose and am insanely happy. So yea I'm still up, probably will be up for a while.

Matrix

sableholic said:
24 is on Sunday? Anyways I just finished watching the Eagles lose and am insanely happy. So yea I'm still up, probably will be up for a while.

Its on tomorrow for 2 hours and Monday night for 2 hours,4 hours 2 nights :D They only do this when the season starts off.

I'll post in here once the Rockets game is over *the 3rd just started so it could be really late*,if you dont respond like 15 mins after,I'll take that as you went to bed.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Rorschach, when do you want to play our Week 4 game? Anytime tomorrow except during football games is fine with me. Dallas is going to get iced in tomorrow, so I've got all day. :lol
Can you go at 9am PST? :X

Besides being gameday tomorrow, it's also my birthday, so...busy day. :p

If not, name a time on Monday.

Matrix said:
Its on tomorrow for 2 hours and Monday night for 2 hours,4 hours 2 nights :D They only do this when the season starts off.

I'll post in here once the Rockets game is over *the 3rd just started so it could be really late*,if you dont respond like 15 mins after,I'll take that as you went to bed.

Can you im me instead? aim: sableholic.

Tried Im-ing him, Az and I are going to play his games for him. Week 3 deadline ends today. Dude had plenty of time to post his availability if something came up.

Top Bottom