• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
BirdBomb said:
dude, calling someone a moron like that isn't very mature, or cool. Especially since you are a commish. Set the example.

A blatant going out of the way of the rules asking to go for it on 4th in the first quarter? Yes, that would fall under the definition of a moron. That however was not the case and there were no moronic calls made.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The history of this league is WAY more than "moron."

I believe someone's used the words "Nutclusters" and "shitstains"

I think that was Matrix that used them;) :D

I didn't put my vote in for Vumpler! for Commish!

"Don't blame me! I voted for Bog!"

Birdman02

Shawn, Malley, Lonestar....you guys are the next three on the Vikings schedule. Any of you around for a game tonight? If not, does anyone want a scrimmage? I need to see how bad I am with the Vikings.

Yeah we are apparently a few teams short. If you can find a full time replacement let me know asap. The vikings are a nice team to play with, I enjoy subbing them.

Vumpler, will you assign the Vikings to me when you get a chance? That way I can enter stats if I am able to get a game in.

vumpler

Wellington said:
Well, I've already contacted you over AIM, and for the second time today you chose to ignore me, so we know that doesn't work.

The second part of what you said is accurate. Bons asked and I said go for it on 4th and I believe 6 in the third quarter with a tight score.

That's not the point of contention.

The point is that I should have been able to go for it on my fourth down situation. Win, loss, I don't care, these 4th down rules are completely unrealistic and it's clear that they weren't thought up thinking about football situations.

Edit:

Alright, hopefully Bons exitted the game normally so that the gamecast actually comes out. But again, I really don't give a shit what he did, it's what I wasn't allowed to do.

Now we have conccuring statements... Bons clearly stated it was 3mins in the 4th and you are saying its "sometime" in the 3rd. My SN is jason1nk and I have not received a message from you.

Wellington said:
Well, I've already contacted you over AIM, and for the second time today you chose to ignore me, so we know that doesn't work.

The second part of what you said is accurate. Bons asked and I said go for it on 4th and I believe 6 in the third quarter with a tight score.

That's not the point of contention.

The point is that I should have been able to go for it on my fourth down situation. Win, loss, I don't care, these 4th down rules are completely unrealistic and it's clear that they weren't thought up thinking about football situations.

Edit:

Alright, hopefully Bons exitted the game normally so that the gamecast actually comes out. But again, I really don't give a shit what he did, it's what I wasn't allowed to do.

How very interesting.... I hope that gamecast shows up.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
Now we have conccuring statements... Bons clearly stated it was 3mins in the 4th and you are saying its "sometime" in the 3rd. My SN is jason1nk and I have not received a message from you.

I log my AIM convos for this reason:

Session Start (Insecurekillah:jason1nk): Thu Jan 18 18:43:45 2007
[18:43] InsecureKillah: yo
Session Close (jason1nk): Thu Jan 18 19:05:05 2007

Session Start (Insecurekillah:jason1nk): Thu Jan 18 20:12:01 2007
[20:12] InsecureKillah: I am sorry dude but that was ****ed up on your part
[20:12] InsecureKillah: I feel I was entitled to go for it
[20:12] InsecureKillah: and
[20:12] InsecureKillah: I let him go for it earlier in the game when the rules weren't going to allow him to
Session Close (jason1nk): Thu Jan 18 20:16:28 2007

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Only one man can help us...

foofmtjt6.jpg

Lonestar

Hoping to be back home with a few hours left of Friday (original plane flight is leaving 7:30 EST). I'll be available most of the weekend, but I need to get as many games done as I have to leave again, and won't be back home till sometime the FOLLOWING Friday. I'm missing week 3 and 5. I see a new game versus DCX has been unlocked.

Old Blood 4 Life!

New Blood is the poo!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cb I can play now.

Post here and Ill go on.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

BirdBomb

Banned
bluemax said:
Anyone want to fill in as NE for me? I wonder if JuanMR2 is around hehe...

I can fill in if you want after my game vs James(filling in for NE). let me know. we're playing sometime after 9:30 est

AkaBalla

Sorry guys had to leave town for a few days unexpectantly.. Looks like my team is taken over. Its ok if you found a replacement... I'm not at all thrilled in this game anymore anyhow..

AkaBalla said:
Sorry guys had to leave town for a few days unexpectantly.. Looks like my team is taken over. Its ok if you found a replacement... I'm not at all thrilled in this game anymore anyhow..

We don't have a replacement, we've just been filling in for you.

vumpler

Miranda IM, the best all in one messenger by far... I highly doubt its my side because I've never had a problem in the ~2 years its been around.

vumpler said:
Miranda IM, the best all in one messenger by far... I highly doubt its my side because I've never had a problem in the ~2 years its been around.

Wasn't saying it was, just have never seen that happen. Nothing in their bug tracker that seems applicable. Wierd indeed.

bluemax

Banned
AkaBalla said:

If you'd like to play IM me in like half an hour. Otherwise I'll play Birdbomb.

AIM: Super Ska Hero

Matrix

GG CB.

The curse lives on :eek:

CB3

Matrix said:
GG CB.

The curse lives on :eek:

Why does Westbrook fumble so god damn ****ing much in this game. He rarely fumbles in real life. bullshit.

And my ****ing WR's couldnt hold onto a ball to save their life

Atleast Kearse, Greg Lewis and Stallworth had nice statlines...

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Why does Westbrook fumble so god damn ****ing much in this game. He rarely fumbles in real life. bullshit.

And my ****ing WR's couldnt hold onto a ball to save their life

Atleast Kearse, Greg Lewis and Stallworth had nice statlines...

Yea they ****ed over westbrook in this game,dude coughs the ball up far too much.

Kearse was a f-ing beast,what did he have? 4 or 5 sacks.

BirdBomb

Banned
bluemax said:
If you'd like to play IM me in like half an hour. Otherwise I'll play Birdbomb.

AIM: Super Ska Hero

I messaged you, hit me up when you want to go. I don't know where James is for our game.

BirdBomb said:
I messaged you, hit me up when you want to go. I don't know where James is for our game.

I'm here, but I don't know about playing as the Patriots tonight unless it's really urgent.

edit: nevermind, I can play you tonight.

DCX

DCX
Yeah that stupid 4th quarter rule ****ed me in my game against the Jags today. Like less than two minutes to go i got a 4th and 5 on his 5. Tied score 10-10. I felt i needed a TD to feel in control of the whole field on defense, a FG would mean nothing to me...i checked the rules and apparantly it would have been illegal, i kicked the FG, he scored a TD, then with 38 seconds had a chance to kneel it down, he ran in a TD ( which i kinda thought it was ****ed up ) then i threw a 90 yd TD to end the game...lost by that magic 4pts...stupid i would have went for it in a heartbeat...if i missed it, he would have had to go 55+ yds to win...goal line D could have force a punt or better...

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
holy crap best ending to a game ever. Down late, SD scored a TD, kicks the onside, recovers it, and scores again leaving Captain Comback :24 left to get a drive. a 40 yard kick return sets him up in good position, 2 incompletions, 3rd and 10 with :07 left. I call Gabrial on a deep post, hoping Blue uses the some zone he used the past 2 plays, bomb it up, :02 :01 :00 Gabrial catches it, and runs for the TD to end the game 35-31 Pats over Chargers. After the game...

TheGr8Matheson: holllllly shazbot
Super Ska Hero: **** that
Super Ska Hero: i shouldve ****ing won that game
Super Ska Hero: i shouldnt have needed a ****ing onside
Super Ska Hero: i ****ing held you to a field goal
TheGr8Matheson: lol i seen that zone coverage on the last 2 plays, hoped u called it a 3rd time.
Super Ska Hero: **** you and **** madden
TheGr8Matheson: lol i hope you're just venting..
Super Ska Hero: im posting my resignation now
Super Ska Hero: **** thisSuper Ska Hero: **** you
TheGr8Matheson: r u serious dude? be mature.

Lonestar

I haven't been able to try out a White Castle while I've been up here in Cincinnati, and I'm ****ing pissed.

I QUIT!!!!!

Matrix

Lonestar said:
I haven't been able to try out a White Castle while I've been up here in Cincinnati, and I'm ****ing pissed.

I QUIT!!!!!

:lol

YOU NUTCLUSTER!

Andokuky

Banned
BirdBomb said:
TheGr8Matheson: holllllly shazbot
Super Ska Hero: i shouldve ****ing won that game
Super Ska Hero: i shouldnt have needed a ****ing onside
Super Ska Hero: i ****ing held you to a field goal
TheGr8Matheson: lol i seen that zone coverage on the last 2 plays, hoped u called it a 3rd time.
Super Ska Hero: **** you and **** madden
TheGr8Matheson: lol i hope you're just venting..
Super Ska Hero: im posting my resignation now
Super Ska Hero: **** thisSuper Ska Hero: **** you
TheGr8Matheson: r u serious dude? be mature.

Shit I went to Blockbuster and missed the drama.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
SEEE!!!!!!

Lonestar: HERO TOTAL!

Matrix: Shitstain Ballfluffer!

bluemax

Banned
No seriously, when someone plays a fill in game like it's the damn Super Bowl, that's too much for me.

All those wild ass punts, trying to exploit the defense on every kick return, going for it on 4th.

I have no desire to deal with this. I hope someone else enjoys the Chargers and maybe I'll be back in the fall.

I'm seeing a trend here. He gets his ass handed to him in NBA 2k7 and sells the game and quits the league. He gets beat in Madden and quits the league. Now the question is will he sell the game this time too?

edit: i didn't realize it was a fill in game, that's even funnier :D Nice point Andokuky about the integrity of the league.

Andokuky

Banned
bluemax said:
No seriously, when someone plays a fill in game like it's the damn Super Bowl, that's too much for me.

All those wild ass punts, trying to exploit the defense on every kick return, going for it on 4th.

I have no desire to deal with this. I hope someone else enjoys the Chargers and maybe I'll be back in the fall.

Would you rather him play you like a creampuff and purposely lose? Is that more important than integrity in the league? What if the whole league worked like that with every fill-in game and at the end of the season one team found themselves at the losing end of a tiebreaker for a playoff spot with a team that had 2 free wins over fill-in teams because omg those guys aren't supposed to try and win. I would be pretty pissed if that were the case.

I think the punting low and away sucks too, but almost every one of my opponents have done it and hey, it's better than giving up 20 yards+ every punt return because the punt coverage AI in this game is garbage.

Matrix

I played Chris straight up using the Pats and played to win.

No way should whoever fills in lay down and let the other team win.

CB3

Matrix said:
I played Chris straight up using the Pats and played to win.

No way should whoever fills in lay down and let the other team win.

I wish westbrook would play to win against you :(

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
I wish westbrook would play to win against you :(

He's my bitch.

bluemax

Banned
ChrisJames said:
I'm seeing a trend here. He gets his ass handed to him in NBA 2k7 and sells the game and quits the league. He gets beat in Madden and quits the league. Now the question is will he sell the game this time too?

edit: i didn't realize it was a fill in game, that's even funnier :D Nice point Andokuky about the integrity of the league.

I played through the entire last season of Madden without quitting.

I would've played out the string on NBA but I had finals and didn't have time.

I'm not saying to just roll over and I guess I should've known it was going to come out that way, but whatever. I took my previous losses without complaining but this one just didn't feel right to me.

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Greg Lewis Bitched your secondary. OoO!

He didnt bitch it enough to help you get a W! oh snippity snaps dont fight back!

CB3

Matrix said:
He didnt bitch it enough to help you get a W! oh snippity snaps dont fight back!

You know the only reason you won is because your XBL and Gaf name is matrix. IF your name was say... "FrenchMovieTheme" I would have stomped you!

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
You know the only reason you won is because your XBL and Gaf name is matrix. IF your name was say... "FrenchMovieTheme" I would have stomped you!

I'm using his old madden copy :eek: :p

Top Bottom