• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB,I got a question for you....

Honestly answer this...did you except me to throw more? Did me running so much throw you off?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
CB,I got a question for you....

Honestly answer this...did you except me to throw more? Did me running so much throw you off?

Not really. Its just that when you did run Chris brown or Travis henry would break some BS and bump off 5 guys on their way to the endzone. And when that happens i start making bad choices on play calling and execution on defense

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Not really. Its just that when you did run Chris brown or Travis henry would break some BS and bump off 5 guys on their way to the endzone. And when that happens i start making bad choices on play calling and execution on defense

Cool,its just everyone expects me to air it out but you just cant with Youngs arm in this game.

BIG Z BRINGING THE TRASH TALK.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Cool,its just everyone expects me to air it out but you just cant with Youngs arm in this game.

BIG Z BRINGING THE TRASH TALK.

i WAS hoping that you would actually try dodging kearse 1 of the many times he was in your face and try to make a play on the run so i could scoop it up with dawkins like most people do

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
i WAS hoping that you would actually try dodging kearse 1 of the many times he was in your face and try to make a play on the run so i could scoop it up with dawkins like most people do

I was shocked Vince didnt fumble more than once,he was on his ass a ton of times.

BirdBomb

Banned
Lol going for it on 4th? you're referring to 4th qtr when i was down which hey...= LEGAL!

Sorry, but if you expected me to come in and hand you a free win and good stats, then u played the wrong guy. It's not my fault you lost to a guy that's had the game for a month. You scored twice in 50 seconds to take the win, i had the ball with 17seconds left, you should have stopped me. Calling ZONE when i need deep passes is probably the worse call i've ever seen. "you made your bed, now lie in it".

Andokuky

Banned
I love knowing exactly what is coming in this game I just played (jump pass over the middle to Ocho Cinco, again and again) but I can't stop it because the catch button and the swat button both don't do shit. Am I just doing something wrong? I don't understand how something so simple is so broken.

If it makes you feel better there were two occassions where I was right in front of the guy you were throwing to, I hit the catch button, and you catch it. It seems pretty hit or miss to me.

edit: btw, the passes over the middle were to Hooshamazilly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
I love knowing exactly what is coming in this game I just played (jump pass over the middle to Ocho Cinco, again and again) but I can't stop it because the catch button and the swat button both don't do shit. Am I just doing something wrong? I don't understand how something so simple is so broken.

It's better to just not even switch to the guy. If you try to manually swat the aways alligator arm it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Wellington, it was my side. I downloaded the new version and all is well. Atreides815 was typing the whole time and I couldn't see it and I had enough. So its all well now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That's cool, but there's no point in discussing it since you won't care or acknowledge my problems anyway, so forget it. I'll make sure to play like I only have two downs in critical fourth quarter situations.

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
So how many teams are ownerless now?

And is Birdman officially the Vikings now?
I believe so..but not sure...d you need a Vikings game done? IF so i could after work maybe. I also play the Redskins Week 7 which is open now, at least to enter stats...let me know when we can play.

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
If Blue is really dropping, i'd love to take over his team as well (if me having 2 teams wouldn't be a problem for anyone in the league). If not, i can sub a few games or something. I'd love to play with a team that has a decent defense.

Birdman02

So how many teams are ownerless now?

And is Birdman officially the Vikings now?

I want to take over the Vikings....I have already joined the league. I am just waiting for one of the admins to assign them to me on the league daddy site.

vumpler

Wellington said:
That's cool, but there's no point in discussing it since you won't care or acknowledge my problems anyway, so forget it. I'll make sure to play like I only have two downs in critical fourth quarter situations.
Not true Wellington. Lets rap for a little bit on aim, I want to hear you out and see if we can come to an understanding one way or another.

Birdman02 said:
I want to take over the Vikings....I have already joined the league. I am just waiting for one of the admins to assign them to me on the league daddy site.

It's done.

The other teams are still open and we are going to prevent owner of 2 teams as much as possible. Hit me on aim if you're wanting to dual roll and we'll talk.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
And....now my co-worker thought we could get an earlier flight, say 5:00...BUT Airtran doesn't have one till our original flight of 7:00 pm....

Now, stuck in Dayton's airport for 3+ hours....but I found a wifi point!

Now, TO THE PRON!

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
What's tamanon's contact information again?
Who knows...either way, DJ Demon J, what up bro, we have a Week 7, just wondering if we could get that done sometime this weekend, let me know. Falcons VS Redskins...another power back, i predict a 200 yd rushing day for Portis :/

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:
Who knows...either way, DJ Demon J, what up bro, we have a Week 7, just wondering if we could get that done sometime this weekend, let me know. Falcons VS Redskins...another power back, i predict a 200 yd rushing day for Portis :/

DCX

I'm free right now through 7PM today. What's your AIM?

And so far, Portis has been contained. Sable's 1 game against the Bucs may have had bigger yardage, I'm not sure, but my highest was 75 yards I think. Wellington contained Portis very well. J-Camp has been starting to lead the offense more lately.

Birdman02

It looks like Shawn is my week 5 opponent. Does anyone have his contact info? I see he hasn't played his week 4 game either, so I assume something is going on in real life.

Malley or Lonestar...are either of you available to play our games right now? Post in here or message me on AIM [B1rdman02].

vumpler

Reminder:

Everyone please go into league daddy and update your contact info to at LEAST include one messenger name and your gamertag.

vumpler

If you have a game against Bonsevan this week, we are going to give him a few extra days. His wife was in a huge car wreck right at the conclusion of his game with Wellington (the reason I couldn't get him to answer his phone). She's been released from the hospital and all is going to be well. So he's going to need a few extra days with his wife. If you see him on AIM message him and hopefully he can schedule a game with you soon.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, GG. Having those 3 TO's turn into TD's made the game look way more of a "blowout" than the actual play was. Very close in yardage, but the 3 TO's, plus being 6 of 8 on 3rd down helped alot. I got lucky on the first drive. 2nd play, Alexander fumbles! I luck out in picking it back up.

Good to hear his wife is ok, that's scary sounding.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
I'm free right now through 7PM today. What's your AIM?

And so far, Portis has been contained. Sable's 1 game against the Bucs may have had bigger yardage, I'm not sure, but my highest was 75 yards I think. Wellington contained Portis very well. J-Camp has been starting to lead the offense more lately.
damn, i was out all day...ummm sometime tomorrow will be good then. My AIM is DreamcastKC.

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
Good lord. People quit too much in this game.

Me vs Lonestar, im subbing for the Jags.

I'm up 24-0 with 0:15 left in half, i throw a deep post over the middle, Garard's arm is garbage, so he underthrows it, Jones runs back to get it, jumps, makes the catch, Lone switches to a guy, takes him out of tackling position, i scamper towards the endzone, he quits. Afterward messages me on aim with "SCREW THAT!!!"

Here's the stats.

Rushing Yards Him/Me
5/47
Passing
2/211
FD
0/10
3rd dwns
0-5/3-5
Redzone
0-0/4-4

Garrard 11/15 211 2TD 0INT
Hasselbeck 1/1 10 0TD 1INT

JAK-Taylor 8/29 1TD 4BTK
JAK-Garrard 2/13 1FMBL
SEA-Alexander 6/7 1FMBL
JAK-G. Jones 1/5 1BTK

JAK-M. Jones 4/97 1TD
JAK-Wilford 2/34
JAK-M. Lewis 2/42 1TD
JAK-G. Jones 1/12
JAK-Williams 1/12
SEA-Stevens 1/10
JAK-Taylor 1/14

Jags
Grant 1INT
Hayward 2S
Starks 1S
Darius 1FF
Mathis 1RF

Seattle
Fisher 1FF

Scobee 1/1FG

Matrix

24-0 you right before going into half and you launch a deep post,id be pissed.

I wouldnt have quit the game ,but I can see where one would be pissed after reading how you described how it went down.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
24-0 you right before going into half and you launch a deep post,id be pissed.

I wouldnt have quit the game ,but I can see where one would be pissed after reading how you described how it went down.

No offense but that is a complete load of crap. And the funniest part of that is that I had a game with Lonestar and felt like right from the start it was complete crap and I had no shot of doing anything, lost like 40-7, and I sat through the whole thing taking my lumps. And oh yea, up like 30-7 or 33-7 with less than 2 minutes left he starts bombing the ball into the endzone because I called time outs. Again, I didn't quit.

You gotta be kidding me, it was the first half :lol I'd love to see the reaction if this was Birdcrap quitting on one of the regulars.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
No offense but that is a complete load of crap. And the funniest part of that is that I had a game with Lonestar and felt like right from the start it was complete crap and I had no shot of doing anything, lost like 40-7, and I sat through the whole thing taking my lumps. And oh yea, up like 30-7 or 33-7 with less than 2 minutes left he starts bombing the ball into the endzone because I called time outs. Again, I didn't quit.

You gotta be kidding me, it was the first half :lol I'd love to see the reaction if this was Birdcrap quitting on one of the regulars.

*yawn*

I said he had a right to be pissed because imo thats just a form of rubbing it in ,but I said I wouldnt have quit like Lonestar had.

You said what I said was a load of crap,well I feel the sameway everytime I read your posts.

You always defend your brother so dont bring up the regulars bs.

You and Birdpoop are just negative angry people and have been every season we play.

I dont even know why we are talking to eachother,id rather not.

BirdBomb

Banned
lmao, he didn't even defend me. He was commenting on YOUR post, not mine.

How is that rubbing it in? i'm up 24-0 in the FIRST HALF. I'm not going to let up, and run the ball non-stop just because i'm winning 24-0. It's not like i was dropping back and trying to score every play. The TD was a 3rd down pass, the 1st 2 downs i ran the ball. You want me to run the ball on 3rd and long and punt i away? No thank you. Any team in the NFL would throw the ball on 3rd down, deep/not deep. It was open, i threw it. He gave up the touchdown by moving his guy out of the way. Hell, i ran the ball for a TD with Taylor where he switched to the LB and ran away from my guy, my 1st TD of the game. You're bitching because someone is "defending" me, but wtf are you doing? "i'd be pissed too" umm...i think that's defending someone as well. I don't think there's been a time so far this year where Ando has defended me. He's commented on some of my games, but nay 1 of them was a defense for me.

I don't understand your logic.

24-0, i'm in my territory, 3rd and long. :15 seconds left in half.

Just like my game with Blue when he quit the league, Lonestar came out in ZONE. why make that call? Everyone knew where the ball was going. Why switch to the player himself? the manual D in this game is trash. It's my fault he made a bonehead move and took his player out of position? I think not. Lone had a bad game. everyone has them. No reason to cop out and quit the game. Hell, if he would have paused the game, and said "hey dude, i don't appreciate that", i would have prolly backed off the rest of the game. But hey, he has the Seahawks, a dominant team (4 good WRs, all 80+), a MVP RB, a good TE, a good FB, and a pro bowl QB. I'm going to score when i see the chance.

*edit*

I found ONE "defense" of me on the boards by Ando. Which was my game against Blue when he whined because i played a sub game too hard. OMG...that's just too much. People defend other people on the boards regularly. Anytime i complain about an opponent, 15 people just on to defend his case. But eh, whatever. the game would have been 31-0 after that score. with a whole half to fight back. I would never, even if i were up more roll over in the 1st half.

Matrix

All I'm going to say is that I find it funny your causing people to quit the league/games,I think that should tell you something about yourself/the way you play.

Btw I didnt really defend Lonestar,I said I would have been pissed if you had done that to me and could see why he would have gotten pissed,I dont think it was right he quit.Thats actually being netural.

Myself I would have ran the ball or let the clock run out to half if I was up by that much with 15 seconds left.

I'm officially out of your drama,having it happen everygame is just bizzare.

BirdBomb

Banned
every game? think the last "drama" i had was with the Colts. Blue wasn't really drama seeing as how he quit the league because i played him too hard in a sub game. That says nothing of my style, but nice try there. Infact i just had a nice game with Vumpler, no complaints. My game with Wellington, No complaints. ChrisJames, no complaints(i don't think). DCX and i scrimmage from time to time, no complaints, only the 1st 1 where i was just po'd that i lost. hmm..who else? Are you getting my drift? I think people just get too mad at the game.

Matrix

Eh whatever I get all the drama and bitching from you and Ando*more ando bitching at me everytime I respond to one of your posts,which is why I said he always defends you* mixed up cause its happened in other seasons.

Im dropping this,so you can feel free to reply,either of you,but I'm not responding.

Id still like to hear from Lonestar as to why he quit.

BirdBomb

Banned
Matrix said:
Eh whatever I get all the drama and bitching from you and Ando*more ando bitching at me everytime I respond to one of your posts,which is why I said he always defends you* mixed up cause its happened in other seasons.

Im dropping this,so you can feel free to reply,either of you,but I'm not responding.

Id still like to hear from Lonestar as to why he quit.

Ooh no no, i'm not trying to start drama with you at all. I don't have any kind of problem with you. I was just defending my own case. I as well want to hear from Lone. After the "SCREW THAT!!" IM, he either signed off, or blocked me.

vumpler

Ok guys we need your focus here. We need all games caught up by the end of the weekend!!!! Otherwise PM me and tell me the situation or else i'm going to have to give the games a tie.

Top Bottom