• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
On a side note nice to see Tammantha is an active poster in the WoW topic but is a giant flake in the madden league.. *takes note of this activity or lack there of.*

Tamanon said:
Yeah I'm always logged out in Shattrath and get rest XP.

Did my first run of The Underbog. Damn fun instance. Although the triple Fen Ray pulls were a bitch. Non-CCable, fearing mobs are great! We made it through with a warrior, druid, rogue, hunter and myself the mage. Picked up a couple good cloth socketed items, but it was good for Cenarion Rep too. Final boss was awesome.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
*yawn*

I said he had a right to be pissed because imo thats just a form of rubbing it in ,but I said I wouldnt have quit like Lonestar had.

You said what I said was a load of crap,well I feel the sameway everytime I read your posts.

You always defend your brother so dont bring up the regulars bs.

You and Birdpoop are just negative angry people and have been every season we play.

I dont even know why we are talking to eachother,id rather not.

If you feel my posts are loads of crap maybe you should go back to reading them and then saying "bububu thank god i gots him on ignore LOLZ". I didn't even defend him, I didn't even say your opinion was a load of crap. Maybe you missed the entire scenario I posted about a game with Lonestar. If he quit because of your reasoning, that's a load of crap because he has been guilty of worse in a league game that actually meant something, not a sub game.

Funny that I am this angry and negative person, I haven't brought any drama or quit one game in this league. I guess it takes a cool, calm person to angrily quit a game then message SCREW THAT later on AIM or drop out of a league altogether because you got your ass kicked. If only we all could be so carefree and lighthearted about Madden.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow, didn't know I was this popular! I do have anger problems, I admit that. Yes, I was upset that he decided to continue long balling at that point. Yes, I was upset that he was Mike Vick'ing it to the sidelines on most of his throws. Yes, I was upset that I had 4 of those "Sacked while hicking the ball" sacks. Yes, I'm upset that on a 3rd and 1, Alexander fumbles. Yes, I'm upset that he got a TD pass on a tip drill....how that happened, I have no clue.

Basically, it was predetermined I was going to lose, and my anger took over, and I did something stupid. Shouldn't have, but it happened. The "SCREW THAT" was not a reply of SCREW YOU! (ala Jack Bauer), but a "SCREW THAT, I'M OUT."

I would like to know what I have "done worse" in a league game, though.
I don't know where to go from here. The Forfeit is fine, I have no problem with that. The issue is, I think I have an anger problem, and I don't know if I should interrupt this league anymore.

BirdBomb

Banned
Lonestar said:
Wow, didn't know I was this popular! I do have anger problems, I admit that. Yes, I was upset that he decided to continue long balling at that point. Yes, I was upset that he was Mike Vick'ing it to the sidelines on most of his throws. Yes, I was upset that I had 4 of those "Sacked while hicking the ball" sacks. Yes, I'm upset that on a 3rd and 1, Alexander fumbles. Yes, I'm upset that he got a TD pass on a tip drill....how that happened, I have no clue.

Basically, it was predetermined I was going to lose, and my anger took over, and I did something stupid. Shouldn't have, but it happened. The "SCREW THAT" was not a reply of SCREW YOU! (ala Jack Bauer), but a "SCREW THAT, I'M OUT."

I would like to know what I have "done worse" in a league game, though.
I don't know where to go from here. The Forfeit is fine, I have no problem with that. The issue is, I think I have an anger problem, and I don't know if I should interrupt this league anymore.

Why should i not "long ball" it? there was :15 left in the half. Call a deep defense, don't call some zone where the deep middle is wide open.

Mike vicking it? are you serious? The only time i left the pocket was when your defenders broke through and i ran for my life. That last TD pass(where you quit), i was sitting in the pocket.

4 sacked while hiking the ball? i only had 3 sacks. Most of my TDs were you taking your defender out of position. 1 long TD run where u moved your LB. 1 TD pass where u moved your defender, the last TD pass where u blocked ur CB out by jumping with your safety.

If you were getting mad, then you should have just paused the game and said "i forfit" instead of taking the gay way out and just quitting, and giving no reasoning till a day later.

Lonestar

It's "forfeit", and you might want to take out the "gay way" as thats not exactly polite. But, you probably won't do that. Oh well.

I also didn't call a "soft zone", just a standard 2 deep zone man. The catch was made because I tried to switch to another man to try and run down your "to the right" QB, but was my fault as I switched when you passed, putting the DB out of position.

BirdBomb

Banned
Lonestar said:
It's "forfeit", and you might want to take out the "gay way" as thats not exactly polite. But, you probably won't do that. Oh well.

I also didn't call a "soft zone", just a standard 2 deep zone man. The catch was made because I tried to switch to another man to try and run down your "to the right" QB, but was my fault as I switched when you passed, putting the DB out of position.

Exactly, so why throw an anger tantrum and quit the game if it was your own fault? makes no sense. I could care less either way, i just don't feel like wasting 1/2 an hour playing some dude who's going to quit when he starts getting smoked. On to next week.

BirdBomb

Banned
So when do the 2 weeks that deadlines are passed due going to end? I'm ready for some more football.

If anyone needs a Pats/Chargers/Jags sub, hit me up, i'm available all night till about....1a.m.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok guys deadline for this week is changed to the 27th. This is a week for everyone to catch up and get back on track. We've been making good progress thus far so lets keep our focus and keep it going!

<------Ended anyone's undefeated dreams this season. :D

I'm ready to play some of my next opponents as well. I'm trying to finish what Parcells couldn't!!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Does AirBrian post on here? I dont recall seeing him on here.

Either way, if you see this Brian, hit me up on aim so we can play

AIM : TheColdOne33

AirBrian

ColdBlooded33 said:
Does AirBrian post on here? I dont recall seeing him on here.

Either way, if you see this Brian, hit me up on aim so we can play

AIM : TheColdOne33
:lol Yeah, I post on here. My AIM/YIM is AirBrian14. Tonight doesn't work, but I'm free tomorrow evening.

LiveWire

OK, people need to be more careful when entering stats. Jason Witten has 60 receiving touchdowns. Kleinsasser and Wiggins have 16 and 10 receiving touchdowns respectively, yet the Vikes are 1-4. Steven Jackson has 56 BTK.

It's not that hard to record/enter stats people.

And vumpler, I need a sub for the Jags game. Are you going to assign one or should I just grab a player?

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
OK, people need to be more careful when entering stats. Jason Witten has 60 receiving touchdowns. Kleinsasser and Wiggins have 16 and 10 receiving touchdowns respectively, yet the Vikes are 1-4. Steven Jackson has 56 BTK.

And vumpler, I need a sub for the Jags game. Are you going to assign one or should I just grab a player?
I could sub for you. If you wanna play now, if not i'm sure someone will step up later this afternoon/night.

DCX

Birdman02

LiveWire said:

Whoops...fixed!! I don't think Kleinsasser has scored that many TDs in his career!! :lol

LiveWire

Thanks for the offers DCX, vump. Just FYI for you and everyone, I work 9-5 daily Eastern time. I'm usually free when I get home from work (~6PM) until late night (11 or midnight). Unless of course 24 or Lost is on. :D

BirdBomb

Banned
LiveWire said:

that part is right. And that's without my win last night's stats.

hgplayer1

Sable and Wellie I can probably play both of you guys tonight.

I should be ready to go starting at 7pm CST. my night is pretty free so any time after that is good too.

Sable I dont know what your gamertag is but your on my list on AIM so you can contact me there. my gamertag is same as my GAF name.

if either of you see me on FFXI you might have to call an intervention to get me off so I can play you. good luck!

Lonestar

vumpler said:
I could sure got for some Lone"I play to lose"star tonight...

Crap, I gotta buy a thesaurus to descramble that sentence.

I'm out of town, anyways.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,want to play our league game now?

DMczaf

Roster Update #4 is up

Roster update #4 is now live and available to be downloaded. For next gen Madden NFL 07, the update included a fix to the issue that was causing Colts users trouble connecting online. Thanks for all of your feedback on the forums. It was a big help in identifying and correcting this issue.

Here is a look at some of the top movers ratings wise in the update. I'll hunt down the detailed document will all of the roster changes and post it here later today. Thanks!

Top 10 Up (11 actually)
• Frank Gore – 86 to 92 OVR
• Jammal Brown – 86 to 92 OVR
• Marcus McNeil – 78 to 89 OVR
• DeMeco Ryans – 83 to 89 OVR
• Vince Young – 84 to 86 OVR
• Steven Jackson – 92 to 94 OVR
• Brian Westbrook – 91 to 93 OVR
• Lito Sheppard – 88 to 93 OVR
• Asante Samuel – 87 to 94 OVR
• Nnamdi Asomugha – 84 to 91 OVR
• Bart Scott – 88 to 91 OVR
• Devin Hester – 75 to 78 OVR

Top 10 Down
• Jake Plummer – 87 to 83 OVR
• Trent Green – 90 to 84 OVR
• Terrell Owens – 96 to 94 OVR
• Eli Manning – 87 to 85 OVR
• Randy Moss – 94 to 92 OVR
• Samari Rolle – 90 to 87 OVR
• Santana Moss – 91 to 89 OVR
• Boss Bailey – 87 to 81 OVR
• Fred Smoot – 88 to 83 OVR
• Edgerrin James – 94 to 92 OVR

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Woo! Maybe that 2 point jump will fix his "fumble atleast once a game!" glitch"

:lol :lol I doubt it.

Vince,went up two pts! How that will help me....I have no clue.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
"Woo! Maybe that 2 point jump will fix his "fumble atleast once a game!" glitch"

:lol :lol I doubt it.

Vince,went up two pts! How that will help me....I have no clue.

Wanna play our league game now?

I wish we played yesterday, now :(

Matrix

wtf did you drop dm

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i have mine set to DMZ already, and he cant play routerless since he uses the wireless

Top Bottom