• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

Rorschach

DCX said:
Where are the awards and rankings? :D

DCX
I'm not the rankings dude (Vump said he would do them once every 3 weeks?), but I'll add 2 weeks of stats per day. One in the morning and one at night 'till it's caught up. Just sucks about the missing games. :\

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I'm not the rankings dude (Vump said he would do them once every 3 weeks?), but I'll add 2 weeks of stats per day. One in the morning and one at night 'till it's caught up. Just sucks about the missing games. :\
Yeah i know..next season i would like to elevate my position. I could help in some capacity.

DCX

Rorschach

I could add them all right now, but there would be no time to digest! ;b

btw- just sharing a little bit of nostalgia:

While looking through my documents (for aformentioned legal purposes), I found some papers from some of the first madden tournies. Here's how the first round went heh:

MigCoogs (lol miguel) - 20
DMczaf (bucs) -26

KobeShaqMVP (Rams) - 20
Lambtron (Greenbay) - 10

FMT (SF) 56
Konex (Miami) 7 (used to be a Miami fan!)

Dskillz (Eagles) -44
Wsbiking -3

Maverick (steelers) - 21
Magoosh2k4 (titans) -17

Cubanb (broncos) - n/a
MrBob (chicago)- unplayed

[aka Pistonhonda aka Ninjascooter] Spoonman (redskins) - 0
Rorschach (moi!) (Raiders) - 30

Thefount (KC) - 38
Renegade -20

:lol only game unplayed was Mrbob and cubanb's what a suprise!

Rors said:
Woah woah...

Firstly, I didn't know about any of this. Secondly, Vumpler is running the league, I'm mostly just stat boy and I help with admin powers on the site when he's not around and I provide input when asked.

Now, what do I think about the rule and what happened? I could have sworn we typed up a tie scenario, but it looks like we didn't. I would think that this situation was acceptable. I know we wanted to be strict about the 4th down rules and follow everything to the word of the law, but there's also the spirit of the law and I think that situation is acceptable. What coach in the NFL wouldn't go for that? The intention of the rule was to prevent cheesing and running up the score. That is why the rule says "when you are down." It seems reasonable to me to go for it on 4th and short just to get into field goal range and kick the go ahead field goal. That's just my 2 cents. Your call, vump!

PS: is everyone gonna threaten to quit the league with every bit of drama that occurs? -_- Come, on guys, we can resolve these things rationaly. Don't lose your cool after heated games.

[edit] yeah, I was having fun before my xbox broke too, dcx. I think people are taking this season way too seriously. o_O Maybe it's the tax season stress!

[edit2] Stats and awards will be updated tonight. Been busy with a real life legal battle. :p

Thanks for that post Rors. It's good to hear you admit that this situation should have been in the rules books, and that you felt it was an acceptable scenario. Looking back, I probably should have been more receptive to coming up with a solution both myself and Bonsevan could live with. I still feel I did not do anything wrong in regard to the game, but I can somewhat understand Bonsevan's complaint.

I've documented my thoughts on the admin of the league, but I am concerned with having a perception of being a quitter for future leagues. Bonsevan and I are going to play a new game and fix this situation ourselves like we should have from the beginning. So I guess I'm back barring any objections from the commish.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
Bonsevan and I are going to play a new game and fix this situation ourselves like we should have from the beginning.

Good to hear. Let's get it on.

BirdBomb

Banned
matrix, when exactly are you playing your other 3 games? u said u hada game today, and i another 1 was planned...just trying to get a feel as to when we'll get our game in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll play you know now if you're still around

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I can play now

Matrix

GG,stupid lag we had too,I couldnt tackle for shit.

AirBrian

Is everyone having lag today? I've played 3 games today including one with a friend who lives ~5 miles away and they all have been laggy. :|

Matrix

AirBrian said:
Is everyone having lag today? I've played 3 games today including one with a friend who lives ~5 miles away and they all have been laggy. :|

Well I dont know what Bird thought but I found the lag in our game to be more annoying than usual.

I missed a lot of tackles I normally make and one of my kickoffs I didnt kick far enough and Bird took it back for a huge gain.

And I was booted off so I didnt get my team player stats all filled in.

Andokuky

Banned
yeah, that lag was horrid. idk what the deal was. I know i hit sticked you a few times that didn't register, and of course the player switch was goofy, and tackling was bad. stupid servers.

Matrix

I finally beat Dm,holy shit :eek:

Matrix

Rorschach said:
:O by the end of this year, DM won't have any controllers left.

:lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
since none of you ****s answer my AIM messages, or are never on (besides airbrian, and we cant connect :( ) Is there anyone that wants to play me that has me on their schedule? Im looking at:

Bonsevan, Malley, CK

bosevan

Hey ya I would love to play you, I can't play tonight cause I just saw your post BUT I will be free all day tomorrow so hit me up on AIM when you get a chance to play :)

Bonsevan77 : AIM

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
2 days until week advance. We still have SEVERAL teams who have not played. Lets get ahold of all of these people and see whats going on. Only a few of them have posted on the forums. What's up guys?

San Diego Chargers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys
Baltimore Ravens at Philadelphia Eagles
Indianapolis Colts at New Orleans Saints
Detroit Lions at Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans

Matrix

Rors still doesnt have his 360 back,I believe,so I cant play him.

I keep trying to play Konex and the Colts and he keeps delaying it.My net was down last nite so I have no idea if he could play.

AirBrian

vumpler said:
2 days until week advance. We still have SEVERAL teams who have not played. Lets get ahold of all of these people and see whats going on. Only a few of them have posted on the forums. What's up guys?

So Shawnwhann, are you in the league or not? If not, I need a sub for the Cowgirls.

LiveWire said:
Who is ChrisJames? We have a game to play.

I am ChrisJames. My s/n is Ctennisgod3, my g/t is MightBeWrong.

That info was also available on the league site, but whatever.

I can play late tonight (after 11 EST) if you can or else just talk to me on AIM to get a time straightened out.

AirBrian

Tonight's a little tricky. What about 10PM CT (8PM PT)? If that doesn't work, I'll get on AIM when I get home sometime around 9PM CT and we'll figure it out.

9PM CST would be perfect for me. My girlfriend is taking over the television for American Idol tonight so starting the game by 7PM is the goal for me. Thanks!!

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Rors, malley, and HGplayer when are you guys available this week?
My treesiddy is broken. It's supposed to come in by the end of the week, so I can't play 'till probably the weekend.

CB3

bosevan said:
Hey ya I would love to play you, I can't play tonight cause I just saw your post BUT I will be free all day tomorrow so hit me up on AIM when you get a chance to play :)

Around now?

hgplayer1

sableholic said:
Rors, malley, and HGplayer when are you guys available this week?

Im available most evenings. Im usually on Live whether Im playing a game or not. if you see me there just send me a msg.

LiveWire

ChrisJames said:
I am ChrisJames. My s/n is Ctennisgod3, my g/t is MightBeWrong.

That info was also available on the league site, but whatever.

I can play late tonight (after 11 EST) if you can or else just talk to me on AIM to get a time straightened out.

I'm free now to midnight (eastern) or a little after this evening to play. Gamertag DJ Demon J (with spaces), AIM screenname Atreides815

BirdBomb

Banned
vumpler said:

Hey DM, if you need a sub for the Chargers, i'll sub for you. I'm available today from 12p.m.-2:15p.m. cnt, then from 10p.m. cnt till about 1a.m.

AirBrian

When I first start the game after everything loads, I get a box asking me:

Live Opponent

Would you like to be a live opponent for this game session?

Yes
No

How can I turn this off so it doesn't ask me every time I turn on the game? Does this happen to anyone else?

Just to keep everyone up to date, I've been trying to get my game with Malley in all week, but he's been busy getting ready for a trip to Florida. So that's why we haven't played yet. Hopefully he'll be able to play tonight.

LiveWire, sorry I didn't see your post last night. I can play tonight if you want.

CB3

Hey ya I would love to play you, I can't play tonight cause I just saw your post BUT I will be free all day tomorrow so hit me up on AIM when you get a chance to play

That Worked well.

Around Tonight?

Rorschach

Got my 360 back. If anyone wants to play, let me know. Get me while I'm green. Been playing the ps2 version, so I'll be rusty as hell.

Matrix, Sable, HG, Chris?

[edit]Gonna play my game with fifty at 5pst, so I'll be available after that.

Rorschach said:
Got my 360 back. If anyone wants to play, let me know. Get me while I'm green. Been playing the ps2 version, so I'll be rusty as hell.

Whenever you want just send me a message or im me.

Matrix

Rorschach said:

I can play you starting around 9 pm eastern time.

CB3

DM Ball is back!

Donovan = 2/2
Garcia = 1/1

Passing three times FTW

Good game Bon. you stopped BWest well after that first quarter

Top Bottom