• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok guys rors and I have discussed this issue pretty extensively looking at all the possible, but more focused on the more probable situations and here's what we've come up with:

1. No 4th down attempts in the first half, period.
2. In the 3rd quarter if you're trailing by 20+ 4th downs are user discretion.
3. In the 4th quarter if you are trailing by any amount 4th downs are user discretion.

Just so there is not any confusion with number 2: if you are down by 20 and it's 4th and 6. If you go for it, convert and the end result is a field goal or touchdown at the end of the drive; you are no longer eligible to go for it on 4th because you are no longer down by 20 or greater. I don't know why but it felt like that needed to be said.

vumpler

Also if anyone is around and wants a game hit me on AIM and we'll get one going.

BirdBomb

Banned
Ravens, Bears, and Broncos! Oh my!

Wtf is up with my division? 2 powerhouse teams, and my brother whom DEMOLISHES me every time we play. :( im in a powerhouse division with my lowly team...2-12 finish anyone?

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
Happy New Year Gaffers.

Edit: Ok back to business. The following players need to sign up for league daddy at http://www.leaguedaddy.com :

1. livewire
2. chris james
3. tamanon
4. azwethink

Once you're there search for "gaf" and you'll see neo gaf come up. Sign in with the password "alexsmith"

Then private message me telling me your account name and I'll add you to your team. If you are already signed up and on the league please PM me and tell me what your username is on leaguedaddy.

No searches coming up for gaf or neogaf, I'm signed up under Tamanon now.

nvm, found it under gaming-age. Signed up.

The first thing your league members need to do is to register at LeagueDaddy. After they have registered and logged in to LeagueDaddy, they can join your league by going to the following link:

Link: http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/join/?lid=1307
Password: "alexsmith" (without the quotes)

When members join your league, you and the other commissioners in your league will receive a notification via email. You can then go to [ Configure Teams ] and assign the new members to their teams.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bah, gone for the weekend, come back and we're still not set up! I was expecting to have to make up my week 1 game since i was gone for a few days

vumpler

ColdBlooded33 said:
Bah, gone for the weekend, come back and we're still not set up! I was expecting to have to make up my week 1 game since i was gone for a few days

That's what I was hoping as well but we're still missing 3 people. Sable's team, anothers team and we are still a man short.

DCX

DCX
Week 1 bye?! When does that ever happen? No games VS any of my rival requests? I will win the tin for Mora Jr.

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
uh...i think the QB scrambling rules need to be more detailed. i pray to god no one has to play the falcons like he just played me.

10 runs with vick. His whole last drive to tie the game at 42 was 4 straight 3rd down runs with vick, plus the TD run with vick. any 3rd down he needed was a scramble, not to mention hiking the ball, and darting out to the sideline waiting for a broken route, or 1 of his little slant routes to open up.

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
uh...i think the QB scrambling rules need to be more detailed. i pray to god no one has to play the falcons like he just played me.

almost 10 runs with vick. His whole last drive to tie the game at 42 was 4 straight 3rd down runs with vick, plus the TD run with vick. any 3rd down he needed was a scramble, not to mention hiking the ball, and darting out to the sideline waiting for a broken route, or 1 of his little slant routes to open up.

o_O

And DCX I met everyones needs but yours. I might have a solution to one of the games but I'm not sure. You're in my division and I hate the falcons so it might be the beginning of something big.

Also no one has a Bye its just because the team you are to play isn't selected yet because we have some slow #$@@# that haven't responded to anything in 4 days...

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:

almost 10 runs with vick. His whole last drive to tie the game at 42 was 4 straight 3rd down runs with vick, plus the TD run with vick. any 3rd down he needed was a scramble, not to mention hiking the ball, and darting out to the sideline waiting for a broken route, or 1 of his little slant routes to open up.
Take it to the public...man i feel like Shawn...you can bitch all you want i have played two years in Madden League i have never gotten any heat for how i play, Vick is a weapon, stop or not, the man who killed you was Dunn...and let's not talk about the corner route abuse you put on me...plus a manual catch to boot. Let's not start shit on the wrong foot...everyone knows Vick is a tough cover, Malley and FMT contain Vick...DM in our first game abused me!!

10 rushes for 90 yards sounds like a Vick game, scrambling to open routes...yeah sounds like Vick...spreading the D with a 4 WR set to open up lanes to run or pass...yeah Vick again...WTF man! Why can't people shut the **** up and ****ing take a loss these days...his first TD was a corner slant from the SLOT with a manual catch at the end...to Bruce...he set the tone for a shit game...my wrs were dropping passes, Vick was throwing balls to the back of peoples heads LOL i mean it was a broken wild game...but accusing me of being a cheese ball player...man you are barking up the wrong tree young buck.

DCX

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
wtf? you quote my complaint, and all is said is "o_O"??? this is 1 of the things i hate about this damn league. vet + cheese = fine. semi-new owner + complaint = not valid.
what complaint he has played me before and beat me!! Everyone has seen Vick, and how i use him, i had no one complain but you. Shawn told me on his win after the game " I hate Vick " he won by like 5. Everyone hates Vick becuase the ass can pass and run like a back, at the same time, he has the body of a woman, hit him one, it's a fumble going the other way...10 rushes for 90 isn't Vick cheese, it's Vick in real life...do you remeber he just had a 1000 yard season? Or a game where he had 170+ yards? How he hates to stay in the pocket? i mean you act like i had Manning doing these things...

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
abusing a corner route is throwing ONE for a TD? wtf are you smoking on. the rules say plain as day the route is not banned, but don't over do it. I threw TOPS 5-6 corner routes. and me manual catching a pass is hilarious. i've had this game all of 2 weeks, sorry guy, not enough time to learn to manual catch balls. i could care less if i lost, if i had cared if i won or lost i would have ran the ball more instead of working on my passing game the whole time. What i do care about however, is wasting an hour of my life on some lobby baller who cheeses with vick, then like ever other lobby player who uses the falcons says "it's how he is supposed to be used' and disregards the fact that the rules prohibit 1/2 the crap you did. since when is 10 rushes in this league with a QB sim? i played in 2 or 3 PS2 gaf leagues, and the falcons were banned for just this reason.

99.9% of your pass plays consisted of:

Vick taking a 1 step drop
Vick darts to the sideline

**if pressure is applied**
Vick loses 15 yards avg a sack

**if no pressure is applied**
Vick runs to the LOS, waits for either the nearest DB/LB to leave his man to run towards vick, or for whoever is in front of him to leave on coverage so he can run for the 1st down.
or
Vick sits and waits for a WR to break his route so the A.I. gets lazy and leaves the man wide open for an easy 50 yard bomb.

BirdBomb

Banned
DCX said:
what complaint he has played me before and beat me!! Everyone has seen Vick, and how i use him, i had no one complain but you. Shawn told me on his win after the game " I hate Vick " he won by like 5. Everyone hates Vick becuase the ass can pass and run like a back, at the same time, he has the body of a woman, hit him one, it's a fumble going the other way...10 rushes for 90 isn't Vick cheese, it's Vick in real life...do you remeber he just had a 1000 yard season? Or a game where he had 170+ yards? How he hates to stay in the pocket? i mean you act like i had Manning doing these things...

DCX

the difference here is that this is a football game, in which the A.I. is complete crap. If you watch a football game, vick will roll out, the defense will react. In this game, you can hike the ball, and take off running before whomever i have spying you can realize "hey...that guy is running away". i ran 3-4 qb spy, 4-3 qb spy, quarter, dime QB spy...somehow you escaped that didn't you? why? because the second the ball was snapped, you ran your little guy to the sidelines.

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
wtf? you quote my complaint, and all is said is "o_O"??? this is 1 of the things i hate about this damn league. vet + cheese = fine. semi-new owner + complaint = not valid.

Ok before the drama gets going hit me on aim before these posts. If the problem isn't solved then go to the boards.

If dunn's getting 128+ on you and vick's getting 100+ this means you need to work on your D and vick containments. The falcons are going to get their yard and its going to be a possession game. In you two's game apparently it was a possession game. I've never personally seen DCX hike and sprint to the sidelines and sit and wait for something to get open.... Why is he having a chance to sit? If you need help with your vick containment methods contact on of us on aim and we'll help you out. We want a competitive league here.

User catches on the other hand are not excusable. Corner routes are fine as long as you're not user catching the corner routes. If you user catch anything it's cheese.

BirdBomb

Banned
then how about we change the rule page?

* DO NOT ABUSE THE SLOT CORNER ROUTE OR TE ROUTE! These plays ARE NOT ILLEGAL! *corner route is fine, if your opponent's defense allows it*

* Play sim-ball for christ sake. No going for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter in your own territory, no onsides kicking early in the game, no scrambling out of the pocket at the start of EVERY PLAY, etc
*Rolling out every play is fine, if your opponent's defense allows it

* No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs.
*Manual blitzing is allowed if your opponent cannot block you out*

* No pulling your DE off the line of scrimmage and blitzing in with him. This is basically like a manual LB blitz.
*pulling your DE off the line is fine if you're opponent cannot block you out.*

* No manually controlling WR's.
*manual catches and controlling WRs are fine, if your opponent cannot defend your WRs*

* NO INTENTIONAL JUMP PASSES!
*intentional jump passes are fine if your opponent cannot defend them*

BirdBomb

Banned
DCX said:

DCX

yes...you are right. he doesn't roll out does he? even though he just said right there...he uses him like he plays in real life. im wrong, you're right. let the vet do whatever he wants.

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
then how about we change the rule page?

* DO NOT ABUSE THE SLOT CORNER ROUTE OR TE ROUTE! These plays ARE NOT ILLEGAL! *corner route is fine, if your opponent's defense allows it*

* Play sim-ball for christ sake. No going for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter in your own territory, no onsides kicking early in the game, no scrambling out of the pocket at the start of EVERY PLAY, etc
*Rolling out every play is fine, if your opponent's defense allows it

* No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs.
*Manual blitzing is allowed if your opponent cannot block you out*

* No pulling your DE off the line of scrimmage and blitzing in with him. This is basically like a manual LB blitz.
*pulling your DE off the line is fine if you're opponent cannot block you out.*

* No manually controlling WR's.
*manual catches and controlling WRs are fine, if your opponent cannot defend your WRs*

* NO INTENTIONAL JUMP PASSES!
*intentional jump passes are fine if your opponent cannot defend them*

Seriously? Are you done? You complain more than my daughter! You wanna play again?

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hmm, birdbomb in an argument with another player? What? That Never Happpens!

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
yes...you are right. he doesn't roll out does he? even though he just said right there...he uses him like he plays in real life. im wrong, you're right. let the vet do whatever he wants.
OMG?! I never said i didn't roll out, i don't sprint to the sidelines after the ball is napped, that's the accusation, and that i didn't do...

DCX

vumpler

BirdBomb said:

Once again: before the drama gets going hit me on aim before these posts. If the problem isn't solved then go to the boards.

All of this could be discussed off the forum instead of coming off as whining. If you're going to have a problem with people as individuals because you didn't win a game, constantly make a scene on the boards and blatantly ignore a way to resolve the situation, which was kindly bolded for you, you are welcome to back out of the league before it starts.

We encourage good players and we encourage resolving issues in a mature manner. Sometimes things get heated which is understandable, but this is absurd. You're posting some of the most bogus stuff I've ever seen when you could just bring them up to one of us on AIM and bypass all of this childish behavior.

Get on AIM and talk to someone, not act out in stupidity. Hit me on aim: jason1nk.

BirdBomb

Banned
DCX said:
OMG?! I never said i didn't roll out, i don't sprint to the sidelines after the ball is napped, that's a accusation, and that i didn't do...

DCX

i was speaking to vumpler. not you. he said you don't roll out. you said you do. And you're denying the fact that you scrambled to the sideline at the begging of more than your share of plays? funny.

What i find more funny is this.

DCX says:
...and let's not talk about the corner route abuse you put on me...plus a manual catch to boot.

i reply with:
and me manual catching a pass is hilarious. i've had this game all of 2 weeks, sorry guy, not enough time to learn to manual catch balls.

I say:
10 runs with vick. His whole last drive to tie the game at 42 was 4 straight 3rd down runs with vick, plus the TD run with vick. any 3rd down he needed was a scramble, not to mention hiking the ball, and darting out to the sideline waiting for a broken route, or 1 of his little slant routes to open up.

DCX comes back with:
10 rushes for 90 yards sounds like a Vick game, scrambling to open routes...yeah sounds like Vick...spreading the D with a 4 WR set to open up lanes to run or pass...yeah Vick again...

Now we've both accused the other of a broken rule. i denied manual catching a ball, DCX says he's just using vick the way he plays in real life(saying yes, i did that).

Now let's look at the response by a commish:

about me:
User catches on the other hand are not excusable. Corner routes are fine as long as you're not user catching the corner routes. If you user catch anything it's cheese.

about DCX:
I've never personally seen DCX hike and sprint to the sidelines and sit and wait for something to get open.... Why is he having a chance to sit? If you need help with your vick containment methods contact on of us on aim and we'll help you out. We want a competitive league here.

Now why is it that my complaint is put to the side because "well...i've never seen him do it, so it obviously never happened", yet his complaint is addressed with saying it's cheese, whatever? i find that humorous.

Zep

Banned
:lol BirdBomb...I never had a problem with DCX, we've played a scrimmage before. I'm telling you man, if you need help with the Rams D/Offense just IM me.

BirdBomb

Banned
vumpler said:
Once again: before the drama gets going hit me on aim before these posts. If the problem isn't solved then go to the boards.

All of this could be discussed off the forum instead of coming off as whining. If you're going to have a problem with people as individuals because you didn't win a game, constantly make a scene on the boards and blatantly ignore a way to resolve the situation, which was kindly bolded for you, you are welcome to back out of the league before it starts.

We encourage good players and we encourage resolving issues in a mature manner. Sometimes things get heated which is understandable, but this is absurd. You're posting some of the most bogus stuff I've ever seen when you could just bring them up to one of us on AIM and bypass all of this childish behavior.

Get on AIM and talk to someone, not act out in stupidity. Hit me on aim: jason1nk.

Again, what i'm saying is bogus, yet you want me to bring a complaint to you about a player, when it's obvious all that i'm going to get is "well...it's your defense, he doesn't play me like that, and well...you're wrong, accept a loss"? no thank you. I've had 1-2 big problems in the last 2 madden leagues i was in here. Yet for some reason, i complain about 1 person here, and it's "stop posting on the boards, or leave the league"?

and i'm being bogus?

BirdBomb

Banned
I don't need any help with my Defense. i had quite a few sacks, 2 forced fumbles on D, 1 for a TD, applied a good deal of pressure. My defense needs practice, yes, I'll admit that. But that is not the reason why the game was played like it was.

vumpler

Well at least he's aware he's blatantly disregarding a solution to the problem...

And a straight hike and sprint to the sidelines for one shouldn't even be possible by him because it should be a sack every time. Two: for some reason none of us have seen him do this. Either its because we have it contained and he doesn't attempt it or he just doesn't do it. If he did do it, then he was wrong just as if you user caught the ball you're in the wrong.

And for f@%#s sake drop the topic until you've discussed this on aim, period.

DCX

DCX
Well, i'm off to do something productive with my time...thank you Bird for playing me, you have put me in the right mind frame to open the season up with, and good luck with your Rams this season, i pray we meet in the playoffs, or better...

DCX

Birdbomb wtf is your deal? We haven't even played one game of the season and here you are dominating the thread with these ridiculous posts. You played a preseason game, this isn't the Super Bowl. I hate to imagine what will happen when you're unhappy with one of your league opponents...

Grow up

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lmao :lol @ all you guys who havent had to deal with birdbomb before

Is his brother Ando in this league too? :lol

guys, chill out.

#1. Mike Vick is dirty AS ****. there is no doubt about it. but guess what? he is dirty as **** in real life too! he can be stopped, but you have to give extra attention to him to do it. keep in mind that as soon as your opponent leaves the pocket AT ALL, you can manually attack him. so if mike vick drops back, and starts to scramble, go get him. use the MLB and spy him all day by yourself. i know this leaves your secondary open, but pick your poison.

#2. we've all complained about vick before because he is dirty! bird is just venting. lets not get our panties into a bunch IN THE PRESEASON! this goes for you too bird: just relax dude. if it becomes at epidemic it's going to be handled.

Rorschach

I've played DCX and he did beat me with Vick, but hey, that's what the Falcons do. That's what their entire offense revolves around: the running game. The thing is, you can gameplan and actually supress Vick, but you can't gameplan against corner route abuse (well, this one you can do manual coverage, but chances are you'll get called for PI), rolling out every play, manual blitzing, jump passes, and manual WRs. These are things that are game exploits. Vick WAS meant to be fast in this game and DCX is pretty obvious with his calls. After playing with him for more than 2 quarters, you should have realized what he was doing. If you say it's not a matter of defense, then you weren't paying attention.

That said, everyone needs to simmer down a bit. It was just a friendly scrim, not even a league pre-season game. If you think something the other team was doing is wrong, you can discuss it in a more civilized manner without going at each other's throats and trying to call out every possible detail you can remember that you think might resemble cheese.

Oh, and I just looked at the schedule and you're not on each other's schedule at all. :lol

Sorry guys for the delay, been gone all weekend. Thanks Wellington for adding me to the list. From the list of teams available that you sent me Vumpler, I am shocked that the Steelers are still there. I know I said 49ers on aim, so I'll stick with that. I would have loved to be in Wellington's conference, but looks like thats not possible, so just place me whereever.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wait, league has not yet started and we are getting into this shit already?

If this is the case, I am willing to play but I won't take the thing too seriously. I'm considering just going at it with another team just to keep things light-hearted for me. Though no Tiki or BJac would be :(

I'll work things out when I get home tonight.

Wellington said:
Wait, league has not yet started and we are getting into this shit already?

If this is the case, I am willing to play but I won't take the thing too seriously. I'm considering just going at it with another team just to keep things light-hearted for me. Though no Tiki or BJac would be :(

I'll work things out when I get home tonight.

Yea it seems pretty silly. Up for a scrimmage tonight Wellington? Want to try out the new team. I'm going to miss Portis.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I've played DCX and he did beat me with Vick, but hey, that's what the Falcons do. That's what their entire offense revolves around: the running game. The thing is, you can gameplan and actually supress Vick, but you can't gameplan against corner route abuse (well, this one you can do manual coverage, but chances are you'll get called for PI), rolling out every play, manual blitzing, jump passes, and manual WRs. These are things that are game exploits. Vick WAS meant to be fast in this game and DCX is pretty obvious with his calls. After playing with him for more than 2 quarters, you should have realized what he was doing. If you say it's not a matter of defense, then you weren't paying attention.

That said, everyone needs to simmer down a bit. It was just a friendly scrim, not even a league pre-season game. If you think something the other team was doing is wrong, you can discuss it in a more civilized manner without going at each other's throats and trying to call out every possible detail you can remember that you think might resemble cheese.

Oh, and I just looked at the schedule and you're not on each other's schedule at all. :lol
QFT! My playbook is very limited, it's all about flipping said plays and designed runs with Vick to break up the obvious, i do have some plays in the sleeve once people start catching on for the second half...if you looked at last season's stats i scored more in the second half than the first and i was like last in the league in scoring in the first quarter. I'm not a great Madden player, i don't have scouting report on everyone i player ( ;) ) i'm just average. When are we getting this season started? I'm sooooo ready!

DCX

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Hey if anyone has the day off today due to Ford observance I'm free to scrimmage. AIM me (Atreides815).
good game!! You had my running game on smash! Ducket breaking those tackles made me wonder why we got rid of him :(

DCX

LiveWire

Yea, gg. I gave up that last TD because I wanted to try to end it early by blitzing. I should have just played standard zone and forced you to try and drive. It seems to be the GAF way to throw deep on 1st down. :lol

Does anyone know if it's possible to call a HB or WR throw (meaning they get a handoff/pass and then throw the ball downfield) or reverse/double reverse in Madden? I've tried about 5 different teams' offensive playbooks (ones I figured would have such plays since they call them in real life), but none of them have these plays. What gives?

And if not, can we design our own plays?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea, gg. I gave up that last TD because I wanted to try to end it early by blitzing. I should have just played standard zone and forced you to try and drive. It seems to be the GAF way to throw deep on 1st down. :lol

Does anyone know if it's possible to call a HB or WR throw (meaning they get a handoff/pass and then throw the ball downfield) or reverse/double reverse in Madden? I've tried about 5 different teams' offensive playbooks (ones I figured would have such plays since they call them in real life), but none of them have these plays. What gives?

And if not, can we design our own plays?

I saw it a few times last year in Madden 06 PS2 from Hitokage and whoever was using the Chargers. I doubt if it is in the 360 Madden.

Andokuky

Banned
I have seen HB pass before but I don't remember what book it was in. Maybe run n gun? I assume it's in a few books. You'd think they'd add some trick plays to the Skins playbook with Randle El and Saunders joining.

LiveWire

Well, I checked, the Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Redskins, Run N Gun and West Coast Offense playbooks and none of them had any kind of true halfback/wide receiver throw or even a reverse. I guess they only exist in last-gen. :(

Top Bottom