• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

DMczaf

176533134e611ef3ea7li5.jpg

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lol nice pics everyone. No there's no drama it was just an outburst over a misunderstanding. He thought I was going for the throat when I threw it deep with ~2mins on the clock and I was only up by 8 points. I failed to take a knee on first down and he had 1 timeout and instead i did a short run up the middle.

All is fine guys no worries.

Tamanon

Banned
LiveWire said:
Tamanon, I should be free tonight after work to play. Let me know if you can play.

I work until 11 pm Monday-Thursday, I can play any time on Friday or Saturday though, or after midnight on Thursday.

LiveWire

Tamanon said:
I work until 11 pm Monday-Thursday, I can play any time on Friday or Saturday though, or after midnight on Thursday.

Well if you're up for playing after 11PM (Eastern, I assume?) tonight I can do that, otherwise it will have to be Saturday early morning or mid-afternoon (before the playoff games). Lemme know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Tamanon said:

Make some time on Saturday afternoon for me old chum. We meet in week 3. Even during the playoff games if you want, doesn't matter to me.

bosevan

Sorry guys I just got back in town, I will be free ALLLLLLL Day tomorow so hit me up to get some games in.

AIM: bonsevan77

:)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nothing to see here! all is well!

but seriously, a misunderstanding between the two players. problem solved (apparently). lets all move on!

I'm willing to move on, but what vumpler said is simply not how it went. I think I should respond with my side.

This is how it went, I had down nothing all day, managing a amazing 45 rushing and 81 passing. I got lucky with a 55 yard pass at 2 mins to bring it within 8 (after a 2 pt conversion). I went for the onside and was unsuccessful. He gains a first down passing which is fine as I have all three timeouts left. His next play is a endzone attempt to Steve Smith which is just barely unsuccessful. He then proceeds to rush for another first, I take a timeout. Now inside fg range (would put him up by 11 with i'd say well under 2 mins), he tries again for endzone with drew carter unsuccesfully. Not a short pass for a first nothing like that, he said this would put him up by 2 scores but a fg would too. He was running with 4 wideouts most of the plays after the onside attempt.

He gains another first and now I have no timeouts and hes well in fg range (like super close). Instead of kneeling on first when he could have ended it all, he chooses to continue. That to me is simply inexcusable. At this point he could have wasted the whole clock. He continues going and going, getting all the way to the one yard line (not talking about in one play either). not once did he kneel down. Not once. I'm willing to understand that we simply don't share the same philosophies about near the end and running down the clock, but I still don't know why you would not once kneel it.

That is all

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Make some time on Saturday afternoon for me old chum. We meet in week 3. Even during the playoff games if you want, doesn't matter to me.

Yea, best not to watch the Giants get smoked by the Eagles. :D

guys let me make a point. when i say "don't run up the score", that also means don't run up shit yardage wise either. in the example above, vumpler drives to the 1 yard line. why? why not just kneel? the ONLY thing the above accomplished is to piss off your opponent. you need to play with respect if you want people to respect you. it's nice to lead the league in rushing, or receiving, or passing, but not at the expense of your opponent. he has already lost. run the clock out with 3 kneel downs. if he is calling timeouts after a kneel down, that is a different story.

lets have this be the last time we discuss running up the score/yardage.

vumpler

I see where you're coming from FMT and it wasn't like that. I wasn't running up yards, that was not the intention, i had crap for yards all day and only 1 offensive touchdown. I don't care to get awards or lead anything this time around. I understand I should have taken knees and in hindsight I don't see why I didn't. When sable said "we'll say well under 2 mins" he was incorrect he should have said 1:48 which it was. Sable and I had just had a discussion of how he came back on DCX with nearly no time on the clock and thats all I had in my head. From now on I'll take knee's all the way out. I just wanted to make sure he didn't get the ball back. In hindsight everything is 20/20 but I see his point, and it was well taken note of.

bosevan

sable, I can understand the not kneeling with the game in hand, but the other is fair game I would say. If anything you should be happy he was trying to pass and stopping the clock. You had timeouts left and 15pts is a lot different then 11. I remember last season I was playing the Saints ( Ican't remember who owned them), but I was up three TDs with about 2:10 left and I had the ball. I ran the ball three times and punted and he came back three scores and won it in overtime. Thats just a point, an 8 pt lead is far from a sure victory, expecially with that much time on the clock and you had timouts. I don't understand why you would complain with him throwing in deep, that just saves you time and saves your timeouts, and making it a 15pt game is far from runnin up the score, lol.

bosevan said:
sable, I can understand the not kneeling with the game in hand, but the other is fair game I would say.

Thats fine, it was the non-kneeling after I had no timeouts and all he had to do was run out the minute or so that I was mainly pissed off about. Game in hand, just end it and theres no problem. He said he understands that now, and thats all I'm asking for.

Tamanon

Banned
LiveWire said:
Well if you're up for playing after 11PM (Eastern, I assume?) tonight I can do that, otherwise it will have to be Saturday early morning or mid-afternoon (before the playoff games). Lemme know.

Saturday it is, I'm just too tired after work, 10-hour shifts, but I'll throw down with you and the BJac wannabe also that day.

bluemax

Banned
Hey sorry for being hard to reach, I missed the memo that this had started up. I'm on vacation in Washington but I'll see if I can get my 360 online after the Sugar Bowl.

I'll post back after I test it out.

bosevan

LOL, yeah. I tried to make a neutral opinion. Anyway I am gonna try to be a little more active in the forum this season, talk some smack and such. I got a decent team this time so maybe I will be able to back some of it up, lol.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Hey sorry for being hard to reach, I missed the memo that this had started up. I'm on vacation in Washington but I'll see if I can get my 360 online after the Sugar Bowl.

I'll post back after I test it out.
Yeah let us know, you have a gang of people wanting to get LTed

DCX

Rorschach

2 wide open dropped TD passes by Moss
1 bullshit roughing the passer call to save a drive
1 blocked FG

That's just how my day went...ugh. Moss is officially cut for this season too.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
2 wide open dropped TD passes by Moss
1 bullshit roughing the passer call to save a drive
1 blocked FG

That's just how my day went...ugh. Moss is officially cut for this season too.
I'd trade you Roddy White for him!

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
Rorschach said:
:lol He may not catch shit in real life, but in game, he's sticky fingers. At least, in the games I've played against the Falcons.

I think every receiver is "sticky-fingers" against DCX's pass defense...

BirdBomb

Banned
Rorschach said:
I was talking about White. :p

oh, i misread that, i thought you said moss can't be coached in real life, but he catches everything in the game. Ooh well.

my comment still stands. falcons + coverage = crap.

DeAngelo Hall = over rated.

bluemax

Banned
Ok I'm up and running. Just played some Lost Planet multi and everything appears nice and stable. Slower than my connection back in LA but should do for the rest of this week.

I'll check in around 1pm PST for anyone who wants to play me.

Hmm, no Konex in my division this time but I get DCX who started my mid season slide that cost me the playoffs last time. And Vumpler, with a different team. Is the guy who was the Titans owner in the league again? I should've requested him as a rival :p

Oh and DM is on my schedule. Wonder if I can avoid a last second hail mary loss this time.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Ok I'm up and running. Just played some Lost Planet multi and everything appears nice and stable. Slower than my connection back in LA but should do for the rest of this week.

I'll check in around 1pm PST for anyone who wants to play me.

Hmm, no Konex in my division this time but I get DCX who started my mid season slide that cost me the playoffs last time. And Vumpler, with a different team. Is the guy who was the Titans owner in the league again? I should've requested him as a rival :p

Oh and DM is on my schedule. Wonder if I can avoid a last second hail mary loss this time.
Awesome! Let me know when you get our week 3 Madden game in. I'm home all morning est until about 1pm. If not now, we can play after 11pm.

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
Is the commit feature completely random for anyone else? Most of the time I try it, I end up trying a hit stick which puts me out of the play. Then other times it works perfectly.

bosevan

GG Matheson. I know you think I was blitzin to much or something, but the only pass routes you would throw were the deep posts and such. Your gonna get sacked every time if you don't dump it off. Good Game though.

BirdBomb

Banned
bosevan said:
GG Matheson. I know you think I was blitzin to much or something, but the only pass routes you would throw were the deep posts and such. Your gonna get sacked every time if you don't dump it off. Good Game though.

It seemed like that's all i threw because that's all i could get out. 3/17 passing, 6 sacks. every play it was the EXACT same D, and blitzes out the butt. On Offense you ran an uneven offense(making the game a complete bore), ran the same few pass plays(when you did pass the ball), and the same 3-4 running plays over and over and over. But whatever. Now that i know that style of play is accepted, i'll be sure to change my offense and defense around.

No hard feelings

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

Btw how come I see my name listed as the owner of the Steelers?

Andokuky

Banned
Andokuky said:
Is the commit feature completely random for anyone else? Most of the time I try it, I end up trying a hit stick which puts me out of the play. Then other times it works perfectly.

gandalf.jpg

Questions. Questions that need answering!

Help omg :(

vumpler

Birdbomb:

A person having a 75% rushing attempts and 25% passing is an unbelievable place to be in if you're that offense. That is a GREAT thing. That is the game strategy of many teams in the NFL (ravens included.) If you don't like the fact that a team is running on you so much, stop the run. If a team is running the same couple of pass plays, thats actually a good thing since you know its coming get the pick or shut it down. Just lab your defense some more. If you're upset someone is blitzing you take away their blitz with blitz beater routes.

Football is active chess for coaches, you just have to make your call and beat them to it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BirdBomb said:
It seemed like that's all i threw because that's all i could get out. 3/17 passing, 6 sacks. every play it was the EXACT same D, and blitzes out the butt. On Offense you ran an uneven offense(making the game a complete bore), ran the same few pass plays(when you did pass the ball), and the same 3-4 running plays over and over and over. But whatever. Now that i know that style of play is accepted, i'll be sure to change my offense and defense around.

No hard feelings
I dunno, I like to run the ball because I hold onto the ball and I shrink the other person's time to score. Didn't hurt the Jags against the Colts in real life.

Top Bottom