• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

Tamanon

Banned
And that's why I don't play online ever, got my ass whooped. I'll be playing the part of the Raiders this year. Nice work manhandling me Wellie!

Rorschach

Tamanon said:
And that's why I don't play online ever, got my ass whooped. I'll be playing the part of the Raiders this year. Nice work manhandling me Wellie!
There can only be 1 Raiders team! The road to last place travels through me!

Don't get discouraged. Wellington is a tough customer. He's one of the best here. And if you need advice, just ask.

Dear lord...I just looked at your division. Putting a new player in that division is just murder. Wow...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Tamanon said:

Again, if you want to go over some stuff I would love to.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey I appreciate the tips Wellie, I gotta work on my passing game first and foremost. At least my return game was alright, lol.

Got too much practice on that.

Rorschach

Oh, and for all those new to leaguedaddy, don't worry about the lenth of time your first stat input takes. It gets faster. :X

And remember, when you highlight a player, it shows you all the stats ('cept int yards) for that player atop the screen. And you can sort a column by pressing Y. Also, don't forget to save your rosters on Leaguedaddy for future inputs. Lastly, you don't have to enter every single tackle if you don't want to (offensive players getting tackles, bench players, kickers, etc).

[edit] 10 Rushing yards? Taylor/MJD need more carries. And don't forget to share the load. :]

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, he was blowing me up when rushing, I think I only had 3 positive rushing plays. And leaguedaddy doesn't even have MJD on my roster to put in stats. Ah well.

Rorschach

Tamanon said:
Yeah, he was blowing me up when rushing, I think I only had 3 positive rushing plays. And leaguedaddy doesn't even have MJD on my roster to put in stats. Ah well.
I added the sexy beast. :)

(go bruins!)

LiveWire

Tamanon and others...

I separated my collarbone from my shoulder today playing tackle football; I may not be able to play my games depending upon the ortho surgeons' prognosis of my injury. Right now I'm in a shoulder immobilizing sling. My hands are free but I'm not sure if I have enough dexterity. I'm going to try playing later on tonight for a few minutes and see how it feels. If it doesn't work (or if I need surgery to reattach my bones), I'm recovering for at least 6-8 weeks plus rehab. If that's the case I think sable (if he's willing) should take over the Skins.

LiveWire said:
Tamanon and others...

I separated my collarbone from my shoulder today playing tackle football; I may not be able to play my games depending upon the ortho surgeons' prognosis of my injury. Right now I'm in a shoulder immobilizing sling. My hands are free but I'm not sure if I have enough dexterity. I'm going to try playing later on tonight for a few minutes and see how it feels. If it doesn't work (or if I need surgery to reattach my bones), I'm recovering for at least 6-8 weeks plus rehab. If that's the case I think sable (if he's willing) should take over the Skins.

Damn the madden curse strikes again. I broke my pinky playing football on New years. Hopefully it isn't serious enough for surgery, I'm sure it hurts like crazy. Sorry to hear about your injury. If you can't play I will certainly take over for you until you get back. Don't worry I'll do you justice.

AirBrian

LiveWire said:
Tamanon and others...

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

LiveWire

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. :)

What's frustrating (aside from the obvious injury-related issues I have to deal with) is that it happened on the 2nd play from scrimmage on my first carry of the game. :/

Tried playing but too cramped to hold the controller correctly. Put me on the IR for this season! :lol

Sable, do us proud. :D

LiveWire said:
Thanks for the well-wishes guys. :)

What's frustrating (aside from the obvious injury-related issues I have to deal with) is that it happened on the 2nd play from scrimmage on my first carry of the game. :/

Tried playing but too cramped to hold the controller correctly. Put me on the IR for this season! :lol

Sable, do us proud. :D

Will do, sorry again about the injury. Damn that does suck about the first carry. Heres to a speedy recovery. What games have you completed so far? Just the wellington one?

PS Wellington I'm coming for ya :D

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Will do, sorry again about the injury. Damn that does suck about the first carry. Heres to a speedy recovery. What games have you completed so far? Just the wellington one?

Yea, I only played week 1. Tamanon's Jags are week 2.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:

PS Wellington I'm coming for ya :D

Question is, will I get to play you as the Niners too? Should be good games, we know each other well.

Tamanon said:
Nah, if you're around, let's go haha. While I'm actually online. Gamertag: Tamanon

Sorry didn't see this message. Will you be around tommorow? I'd rather do it then, also had a few drinks enjoying dallas's loss.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Week 1 showed a few promising things from the league. Everything in week 1 went pretty well excluding the guys who didn't play their games. Lets have everyones focus and lets go straight at week 2 guys!

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
Will week 4 be opened since we're allowed to play 2 weeks head of the current week(that week being week 2)
I think they will do three at a time, after the Jan 16 Week 3 deadling, at least i think.

DCX

ColdBlooded33 said:
Az, you gonna be around after the eagles game to play our week 2?

I can play in a bit. My roomates are watching in the living room right now. They should be cleared out by 10pm EST at the latest I think.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Azwethinkweiz said:
I can play in a bit. My roomates are watching in the living room right now. They should be cleared out by 10pm EST at the latest I think.

Ok cool. Shoot me an IM or post here when you can play

Man I need more practice. Running I'm ok with but I just get so flustered in the pocket if my target receiver is covered. That and throwing the ball right to Dawkins is always a bad idea.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Azwethinkweiz said:
Man I need more practice. Running I'm ok with but I just get so flustered in the pocket if my target receiver is covered. That and throwing the ball right to Dawkins is always a bad idea.

Im one of the better defenders using the DB's so dont feel too bad :D I gambled on that one

AirBrian

So is it against the rules to roll out of the pocket? Obviously it's sim football, so it would be cheesy to do it everytime, but is it generally frowned upon?

Also, regarding the vision cone, is it required to have it locked on a player, or just on?

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
So is it against the rules to roll out of the pocket? Obviously it's sim football, so it would be cheesy to do it everytime, but is it generally frowned upon?

Also, regarding the vision cone, is it required to have it locked on a player, or just on?
IF you're me, it's frowned upon :lol :lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
No fun for Vick? :lol :lol
They try :p Well, Vick is no fun to defend against i'm sure, but i will say that my three opponents this year have doine a fantastic job containing him, with that sad my pass off is terrible this year and my running game is far worse...so i'm lucky to be 2-1. My D has won/kept me in games this year, and that won't hold up

DCX

Rorschach

AirBrian said:

No, you can roll out of the pocket. Doing it every time is not cool, but being flushed out of the pocket is normal. The second someone leaves the pocket, people are free to manually controll the lbs/cbs to get at you, though.

Vision cone must be on at the start of the play. The easiest way to do that is to lock it before the snap, but you can turn it on after the snap as long as you do it immediately not after routes are already developing. Right at the snap.

I don't know who my week 2 and 3 opponents are, but I am without internet access until January 11th. I just moved into a new apartment and the fastest appointment I could get to have my internet connection installed is this Thursday. I can't really access anything on the web outside of business hours, so I'll try to log in throughout the week to address any concerns people have. PMs would work well fine you have a message you want to make sure I receive. Thanks!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdbomb, when can you go? Today is not looking good and neither is tomorrow. I'm getting hammered at work. What is your schedule, I want to free some time when you are available.

Top Bottom