• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

cdyhybrid

nOIezCZ.png

Don't worry FMT, you'll master him one day!

image.php

For real doe, fuck Earth Spirit.

Mrbob

So?

$25 for probably a couple days worth of entertainment is more than worth it. Shit, Crow Eznark and I played Hellraisers or whatever that PSN game was and shit was the funniest thing ever. Played it maybe 2 days tops.

I'm in the mode right now where every other game not called The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt sucks. Blocking out all other games until I finish it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Realized I have an old 401k from a job like 8 years ago with some money in it, gonna roll it into betterment. Betterment bros!

Nice. Use my referral link friend. You get 30 days free I get 30 days free. Http://betterment.com/invite/wellingtonmoreaux

I have been mildly obsessed the last few days on trying to maximize my investments and more importantly maximize my avoidance of taxes. I max out my 401k, my mortgage interest is fairly large so I get a good cut from there, I can claim a portion of capital improvements on the house since I rent it out... trying to work on more. For open enrollment season I will try and snake my way into an HSA. I tried opening a 529 for my godson so I could claim my contributions but his parents wanted to do it. I was also denied for solar panels since I have multiple meters in my house due to the rental situation.
rage.gif

I am trying to get down to the next tax bracket.

Been reading this guy, the Mad Fientist, he's got my mind going on trying to achieve financial independence. I am pretty spot on with my numbers but I want to figure a way to minimize my taxes. I only get to use 72% of every dollar I earn, after taxes. That's bullshit.

Somnia

So I know I've mentioned it before, but if anyone is interested in listening to an extremely well written and acted web series give https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth a listen.

It follows a journalist after Halo 4 writing an article about Master Chief and how much he has done, but it turns into something much more. Really helps build the world and like I said its EXTREMELY well written and acted even if you aren't into Halo it's worth it and may get you interested.

This web series runs through Sunday the 14th and then Halo 5 campaign premier at E3.

Somnia

I cannot imagine how a Halo fanfic podcast would be interesting if you aren't into Halo.

I don't know what kind of response you are hoping to get here, buddy, but AT's response pretty much sums it up.

Oh cool, maybe I'll give it a list-

Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif

Not expecting any kind of response I just thought I'd share as I know a lot of you like well done web series to listen to. It's extremely well produced, written and acted it's not some cheap fanfic thing as Ez put it.

Somnia

I didn't say it was cheap, but how is it not fanfic?

You're right you didn't, but usually fanfic implies that. Fanfic is something that is created by fans. This is an official thing by 343 and Microsoft to help build the world/universe of Halo by following the politics, etc. not the shoot shoot bang bang of the games.

Voice Cast is really good in this too with Colby Smulders, Keegan-Michael Key, Phil LaMarr, Tara Strong, Jennifer Hale, Troy Baker, etc.

BigAT

I refuse to believe a writer who believed that "a video game journalist reporting on Halo 4!" was an excellent premise for a story could go on to produce content that was worthy of consumption.

Edit: Oh, it's an advertisement. Why didn't you say so in the first place?

Somnia

I refuse to believe a writer who believed that "a video game journalist reporting on Halo 4!" was an excellent premise for a story could go on to produce content that was worthy of consumption.

He isn't reporting on Halo4, I said it takes place after Halo 4. It's a journalist hired by the Govt. to write a piece on Master Chief and what's he's done for the world basically, a fluff piece. It turns into much more as he uncovers how they were genetically modified, etc. and turns into a political drama.

edit: On a side note it's nice to see Splatoon sell good in Japan.

My bad AT, I thought it was implied that's what it was. Guess I should have worded it better.

eznark

Banned
To be fair, I bet most Halo fanfic is significantly better than the Halo 4 story.

Kind of shocked at how positive Jeff is re: Splatoon! And it seems like it sold excellently in Japan, hopefully that translates in the west, though I think we are much less into tentacles over here.

brentech

Playing a game of the show, my pitcher has taken a liner the the side of the head in the 3rd inning and now another into the chest. Indestructible diamond dynasty is dumb. Should at least be pulled from the current game.

BigAT

Am I the only one that doesn't like the look of Mighty No. 9? I don't think it had to be retro like Megaman 9/10 and Shovel Knight, but I really don't care for what they came up with.

Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it.

Somnia

Am I the only one that doesn't like the look of Mighty No. 9? I don't think it had to be retro like Megaman 9/10 and Shovel Knight, but I really don't care for what they came up with.

Nah based off most threads it seems most people are disappointed with how it looks. Gameplay doesn't look that hot either in the few snippets we've seen. We'll see, but I'm losing faith.

TheCrow

I think i'm buying a 980TI.

http://wccftech.com/amd-hbm-fury-x-fastest-world/

AMDs flagship new card isn't much faster, and this is based off an average of 21 games which is kind of a lol worthy comparison in the first place. Seems this is based off of guesswork than actual hard data.

I'll wait for the price of the Fury and decide from there.

Just wait for real benchmarks and then decide. That's what I'll be doing unless MSI and Asus finally release their 980tis.

Mrbob

Just wait for real benchmarks and then decide. That's what I'll be doing unless MSI and Asus finally release their 980tis.

Have you seen that Zotac 980TI with the crazy overclock, I might go that route. I owned a Zotac card in the past, which did die on me, but Zotac was great with replacing with a new one asap.

TheCrow

Have you seen that Zotac 980TI with the crazy overclock, I might go that route. I owned a Zotac card in the past, which did die on me, but Zotac was great with replacing with a new one asap.

Yeah, that one is pretty good. Highest announced OC card by far. Interested in seeing how much of a premium they will charge.

Edit: Oh, it's an advertisement. Why didn't you say so in the first place?

I mean Bungie did hire a games journalist and promote him up to designer at one point, so I can see how something like this could happen.

RIP in Pieces Luke Smith

It looks like poop. My only hope is Inticreates can salvage something from Inafune's mess of ideas. Should've known better than to trust a business man!

Smokey

I think i'm buying a 980TI.

http://wccftech.com/amd-hbm-fury-x-fastest-world/

AMDs flagship new card isn't much faster, and this is based off an average of 21 games which is kind of a lol worthy comparison in the first place. Seems this is based off of guesswork than actual hard data.

I'll wait for the price of the Fury and decide from there.

Im watching this AMD card. May pick one up for my backup/practice machine that has a 2600k. Want to practice water cooling on that setup before I move to my X79 main system. Need RAM,SSD,and PSU tho to bring it back alive.

rinse82

Practice machine? Why wouldn't you just practice on your main machine?

Edit: nevermind, I get it. Thought you meant practicing games. But you don't play games.

ok i played earth spirit again. i didn't do quite as horrible, but still pretty bad. getting the hang a little of his push/pull, and see how the pull can come in handy especially as when it hits it silences

just a really hard hero to use for me

Top Bottom