• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

TheCrow

Incoming Somnia with a list of "must own" games that are coming out for XBOX in 2017-18.
ggdire.gif

I would tell you to get one of the LG oled tvs, but I know you're poor as shit so enjoy your $300 lcd.

disregard if you're not a poor anymore.

I just accepted a new job making a lot more money than I was. Maybe I'll just hold off on a TV until I get paid at my new gig and can afford a better TV.

Gonna buy a PS4 when Madden comes out.

I just accepted a new job making a lot more money than I was. Maybe I'll just hold off on a TV until I get paid at my new gig and can afford a better TV.

Gonna buy a PS4 when Madden comes out.

Now I'll have to pick a new team! I guess I'll take the Saints since there are a couple Clemson players there.

Somnia

Incoming Somnia with a list of "must own" games that are coming out for XBOX in 2017-18.

No need, if he doesn't like what's on it no reason to. Not my fault Az doesn't like/want to try one of the best games of this generation in Sunset Overdrive!

No need, if he doesn't like what's on it no reason to. Not my fault Az doesn't like/want to try one of the best games of this generation in Sunset Overdrive!

I liked sso but the main character and art were fucking annoying. A homeless man's ratchet and clank!

Xbone has been an awful purchase for me at $500. It's on part with the 32x. They both had a couple good games (32x doom and knuckles, xbone ki and tf) but overall trash.

It's funny because I hooked up my 360 again last week to play some sf3 and marvel and the dashboard is so much better than xbone. What a shame!

BigAT

My 360 has actually seen some use lately, had $50 in MS credit that was expiring and I bought Battleblock Theater, Rock Band Blitz and the Life is Strange season pass.

Somnia

I liked sso but the main character and art were fucking annoying. A homeless man's ratchet and clank!

Xbone has been an awful purchase for me at $500. It's on part with the 32x. They both had a couple good games (32x doom and knuckles, xbone ki and tf) but overall trash.

It's funny because I hooked up my 360 again last week to play some sf3 and marvel and the dashboard is so much better than xbone. What a shame!

Let's be honest, PS4 and XB1 have both been trash so far. WiiU is the only one with a good selection of exclusives right now.

edit: AT, enjoy Life is Strange, fantastic game... I didn't even know it got released on last gen.

BigAT

Let's be honest, PS4 and XB1 have both been trash so far. WiiU is the only one with a good selection of exclusives right now.

edit: AT, enjoy Life is Strange, fantastic game... I didn't even know it got released on last gen.

I didn't either! Just noticed it while I was searching through the library desperately trying to find something worth playing. I finished up episode 2 a couple of days ago, fuck whoever came up with that bottle collecting section. Is there a release date on episode 4 yet?

Somnia

I didn't either! Just noticed it while I was searching through the library desperately trying to find something worth playing. I finished up episode 2 a couple of days ago, fuck whoever came up with that bottle collecting section. Is there a release date on episode 4 yet?

I haven't seen one but is should be the 2nd or 3rd week of July if they can hit their 8 weeks per episode goal.

Also yes that bottle collecting was the worst part of the game.

Ferny

How exactly have the PS4 and Xbox been trash?
If you mean by specific exclusives for the respective consoles, I guess I can see it as underwelming. But trash?

PS4 hasn't been incredible but it is much better than xbone. A lot of the library is the same but psn is much better than xbl and ds4 is better than xb controller. Also, xbone has no tlou or bloodborne. Case closed!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
PS4 has been underwhelming for sure. Things dont seem that much better on the other side.

If you mean by specific exclusives for the respective consoles, I guess I can see it as underwelming. But trash?

All joking aside xbone isn't trash but short of KI there is no reason to own both and ps4 is better overall for most multiplats so.... ps4

Somnia

I mean specific exclusives. Nothing has been "outstanding" exclusive wise so far this generation. Bloodborne and Sunset have been the best two exclusives so far, but they aren't amazing.

Next year should be really good exclusive wise for XB1 and PS4.

3rd party wise they are fine.

Also Bob you're an idiot lol

brentech

In terms of the game, yeah, neither console has done much to stick out. Too many remakes, but it's kind of the way the industry is going. Each gen is taking longer and longer for games to be made.

The real bump in this generation seems to be the features that connect the console to something else, like twitch streaming or the share play, without the need of an extra device. The systems just do a lot more.
Gotta wonder though, if they had disc or even just digital backwards compatibility how big that shit would be for playing those old games and being able to easily stream. I think a lot more people would have jumped on board.

Games, underwhelming. The tech, I really like it.
Allows for games like the The Golf Club to exist on the console and I appreciate that.

BigAT

I'm more worried about Last Guardian just not looking like it's fun to play.

Yeah, it looks much more like ICO and less like SotC, which is not a good thing. Between that and the development nightmare it's been through I would be worried.

TheCrow

I was kinda interested and then that ugly ass bird creature showed up and I was like ehhh. Maybe if it was adorable like Cluckles, Captain Bamboo or Coco I wouldn't mind having to drag his ass around the world. Also that gameplay video just kept dragging on and on with no real payoff.

Mrbob

I'm getting Persona 5 and Disgaea 5 on PS4 this fall. Good enough for me.

What is there besides Uncharted 4?

Dynasty Warriors 9.

Especially for AAA games like arkham knight. PC is the only way to play!

Rocksteady has their top men on the PC version now. I wonder if Iron Galaxy got shoved aside. They got thrown under the bus by WB.

Also Bob you're an idiot lol

Better watch out, there are prying eyes everywhere.

Top Bottom