• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

Smokey

I hope the rumor that MS is interested in buying AMD is true

Pls God

Let it happen. I need to witness the reaction thread.

Smokey

Smokey, help me find a monitor because I haven't bought one in years

with my new desk setup I'm moving my 2 smaller monitors to another area, so I'm looking for a single 27"

need an HDMI port, doesn't need speakers, 1080 is fine

I have 70 bucks at Staples to burn, so their stock is my selection

this is the one I was looking at:
http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/GW2760HS/

Are you planning to hook consoles up to it? Or just general PC use?

1080 doesn't look too good for gaming at 27" monitor due to viewing distance

Greg

Are you planning to hook consoles up to it? Or just general PC use?

1080 doesn't look too good for gaming at 27" monitor due to viewing distance
I'll hook my PS4 up to it, but it's mainly just for computer work

for reference, these were the ones I was using and never had an issue with them: E2200HD

I'll be a bit over 3 feet away, but I've got another maybe 8 inches to the wall if I had to slide it back

Smokey

I'll hook my PS4 up to it, but it's mainly just for computer work

for reference, these were the ones I was using and never had an issue with them: E2200HD

I'll be a bit over 3 feet away, but I've got another maybe 8 inches to the wall if I had to slide it back

From what I can see at the Staples site, I'd go with one of the two asus monitors. Although I'm not sure why one is 20+ more than the other.

I use my 23" Asus monitor for consoles and have zero complains. Pretty much no input lag. Love em.

I wonder how many interested people we will have. We talked about cleaning up the trash so hopefully that happens. Specifically mixing up play calling and playing trait up. So I'm sure there will be no issues doing that.

I'm sure of it. No issues

I wonder how many interested people we will have. We talked about cleaning up the trash so hopefully that happens. Specifically mixing up play calling and playing trait up. So I'm sure there will be no issues doing that.

I'm sure of it. No issues

I suspect luke will be too busy pissing off nerds and swimming in money to be bothered to play next year.

Greg

From what I can see at the Staples site, I'd go with one of the two asus monitors. Although I'm not sure why one is 20+ more than the other.

I use my 23" Asus monitor for consoles and have zero complains. Pretty much no input lag. Love em.
ok, I'll do some more research

thank you

Last year sure was something.

FMT done gone soft

i'm assuming we will have expanded manual catching rules given the new wr/cb systems in place. only time can tell!

i watched a few games from e3 and it seems like a fair mechanic. who knows how it translates to league situations but i just think it kind of sucks for a guy like calvin johnson to mostly be shut down by a bum like tremaine brock

LJ11

i'm assuming we will have expanded manual catching rules given the new wr/cb systems in place. only time can tell!

i watched a few games from e3 and it seems like a fair mechanic. who knows how it translates to league situations but i just think it kind of sucks for a guy like calvin johnson to mostly be shut down by a bum like tremaine brock

Manual catching on deep balls is pretty busted in 15 but user catching intermediate throws and post routes is so satisfying. Hoping they town down the spec catch on deep lobs.

Ferny

I mean, you seem pretty confident, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Shia_LaBeouf_delivers_the_most_intense_motivational_speech_of_all_time.gif

Some of the trash exposed itself last year, but it's never going to be easy to control what people do and if we can tell if it's cheese or just an opponent sucking. Last year made it easy though with some of the clowns who played with us for the first time.

A lot of things will still be met with "What do you want me to do! Lose?!"

Some of the trash exposed itself last year, but it's never going to be easy to control what people do and if we can tell if it's cheese or just an opponent sucking. Last year made it easy though with some of the clowns who played with us for the first time.

A lot of things will still be met with "What do you want me to do! Lose?!"

I'm curious to know if 01 trap is still broken. And if Dm will still use it exclusively.

I'm curious to know if 01 trap is still broken. And if Dm will still use it exclusively.

every year brings something new that is broken so i dont expect 01 trap to be the main offender this year.

if you want to know whats broken shortly after release this year play some games in the casual league. all will be revealed!

Ferny

I already put my money down to not have to do that. Why fight for your team when you can buy them.
So you paid money to buy your slot at a virtual team in a videogame?

Edit: actually that's no different than buying a dota hat. Carry on.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I beat the main story part of batman. That game goes all kinds of fucking places towards the end.

The gameplay took a step back, but with how crazy the story gets as well as the inclusion of all the side stories and the rocksteady touch and polish on all of it, its a great al around package.

Should be interesting to see what they do next. If anyone can pull off a superman game, its them.

Rorschach

New interface and it's updated to the source 2 engine. Map is slightly different but we'll see what the final version looks like. After TI the regular client will just be replaced. Also, custom games. Can't believe I forgot about that. That doesn't count as dota so I can play that. :D
Wish I could play. :( Everything is changing! I'm left behind!

eznark

Banned
Just started scratching the surface of Batman. If everyone has evacuated and only the criminals (including every fucking villain), why do I fucking care if a chemical weapon goes off? Seems like I would actively try to set it off.

Somnia

Just started scratching the surface of Batman. If everyone has evacuated and only the criminals (including every fucking villain), why do I fucking care if a chemical weapon goes off? Seems like I would actively try to set it off.

That's the first thing I said too. I liked the opening cause you saw the citizens and it felt like a city. Within 5 minutes it was a giant open world city that was empty again.

At this point I'm just going to go through the story I think and see how it is, CB and others seem to enjoy it. I kinda feel the open world hurt the city, Asylum was so damn great.

eznark

Banned
If batman knew every villains diabolical plan in its entirety it'd be over in minutes! Trust that s. Crow gonna bring it brah

My point is, at the beginning of the game Scarecrow is willing to solve all of batman's problems yet without question or hesitation he starts trying to stop him. It is idiotic. Evacuate the few police that remain and seal the fucking city. The last game showed it's pretty god damn simple to do that!

TheCrow

Probably something about Batman not willing to give up on Gotham. Plus chemical weapon is hard to get out of carpets. Can't just dump oxiclean on it, especially once it gets all up in those fibers.

Top Bottom