• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramirez

The demo is pretty nice, just d/l it on Live because the PS3 had yet another fucking update to d/l when I turned it on, ugh. The graphics took a crazy leap this year, and you can actually lead passes! :O Kinda lame how you only get that one drive to play though, oh well.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
The demo is pretty nice, just d/l it on Live because the PS3 had yet another fucking update to d/l when I turned it on, ugh. The graphics took a crazy leap this year, and you can actually lead passes! :O Kinda lame how you only get that one drive to play though, oh well.

For some reason, this post is one of the only posts I've read from you that reads like a 14 year old girl wrote it.

Xater

I don't think we have a MAdden thread yet so I thought I's ask here.

Do you guys know if the the game has worldwide online play? How was it last year?

I need to know because an import would get me the game faster and cheaper. It would just be kinda lame to just play with North American players.

GQman2121

Banned
God I hope that Peterson vid was a reflection of the custom setting from the IQ tests, and not because "he's such a beast" in the game.

Balling through five guys like that looks ridiculous even against the Phins.

Slo

GQman2121 said:
God I hope that Peterson vid was a reflection of the custom setting from the IQ tests, and not because "he's such a beast" in the game.

Balling through five guys like that looks ridiculous even against the Phins.

He only does that kind of stuff against the Bears and the Chargers.

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
For some reason, this post is one of the only posts I've read from you that reads like a 14 year old girl wrote it.

Hey, it was almost 4 AM and I was tired, cut me some slack. :lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. wellington - giants
4. lonestar - seachickens
5. matrix - texans
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. coldblooded - eagles (gunstar don't hate me but i promised cb he could have the eagles due to the fact that he was cheated out of them in season 11 cause of rrod and i was trying to convince him to get a ps3!)
9. rors - raiders
10. miguel - ?
11. wasabi - packers
12. shawn - cowboys
13. luke - colts
14. LJ - bills
15. denogg - jets
16. gunstar - ?
17. livewire - redskins
18. dcx - falcons (you said you were still up in the air i thought!)
19. GQman2121 - titans
20. ramirez - steelers (sorry brother!)
21. bluemax - chargers (maybe playing?)
22. GCQuinton - Panthers
23. konex - jaguars
24. lawblob - ?*
25. fifty - ravens
26. sableholic - ?
27. dskillz - cardinals
28. zep - rams
29. bryan - Browns
30. truelize - vikings
31. dammittmatt - bengals
32. gstaff - lions
33. knee - dolphins
-------

is there anyone on that list who is no longer interested in playing? just trying to get an idea.... guess this would have been smarter to post a week after the game is released or something, but i dont care!

Hey I picked the Saints about 2 or 3 weeks ago?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Zep said:
Alt. jerseys online? yea? no?

I think i saw an interview saying no alternate jersey's online. I dont understand, it cant be that hard to do. fuckin EA.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Some details on roster downloads, Patches, and FREE DLC coming for madden

Madden 09 Roster & Patch Update
10:12 PM - August 5, 2008 by Fillycheze
Evening,

There's been a lot of discussion around rosters and patches so i wanted to go ahead and post an update.

Rosters
For those that manged to get an early copy, you may have noticed that a roster update was recently made available. Many of you also noticed that Brett Favre was listed as the 2nd QB for the Packers. This roster was posted up as a final test of our roster update capability. We're actually prepping a more final roster update that should be available on 8/11.

As for our roster update frequency... Our current plan is to update rosters about every two weeks. This could change based on major roster movement but expect us to drop rosters on an average of twice a month through the Super Bowl.

Patch
Yes, I'm finally going to discuss the state and details of the patch.

Regarding the patch status... Yes we submitted a patch to MS and Sony about a week ago. They are currently going through certification and all indications point to them going live some time next week. Please understand that it's very easy for issues with the patch to delay the release of the patch. For example, if MS finds a new bug with the patch, it would easily be delayed by 2 weeks. We're hopeful the patch will drop on or around 8/14.

What's in the patch?

There's a number of changes in this patch. Most would never be noticed by the average consumer but some were targeted at improving the experience as quickly as we could.

1. Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.
2. Solved a very rare stability issue that occured when using a couple of playbooks.
3. Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.
4. Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occured while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.
5. Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occured at specific points of online games.
6. Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.
7. Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.
8. The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it's affect.

What about some of the other early feedback on the game? Keep reading, we're not done.

Patch #2 & DLC
Now that some details for patch #1 have been discussed, it's important to note that we're not done. We think it's very important to continue to improve the game even after it's release. We're actually very happy with the non-patched product but having the ability to patch the game to make it the ultimate experience is fantastic capability that we definately want to use.

We're already hard at work on the 2nd patch and are also evaluating releasing a FREE DLC. Here's a sneak preview of what you might expect in future updates.

Patch #2 Possibilities
Please understand this list is under construction and won't be finalized until we've received more feedback on the final game from the community.
1. Ghost Juking OOB fix - aka CPU players running out of bounds
2. CPU Accuracy tuning
3. Amplify the field degredation effect (the system is currently working but is hidden by some of our late added post effects)
4. Other post-release community feedback

DLC Possibilities
The same warning comes with this one. We're still evaluating these changes and are working hard to get them out as quick as possible.
1. Accelerated Clock
2. CPU Sliders (you would have the all new human sliders as well as a brand new screen of CPU sliders)
3. Legacy Gen Controller Config
4. Madden Community Gamerpics (a variety of gamerpics that will show what community you belong to. make sure your community managers know you want an OS gamerpic.)

We're targeting a mid-September release for patch#2 and the DLC but will give constant updates and screenshots as we progress.

I look forward to seeing all of your very constructive feedback next week when the game is released and will do my best to answer additional questions here.

Phil

Per Operation Sports.

So it looks like we will have CPU sliders at some point. I like that they are trying for new rosters every two weeks as well

why is online variable weather possible but not alternate uni's?? i want to play with the early 90's niners jerseys! the ones elvis grbac and steve bono donned!

Mrbob

Glad to see 5 year old features like Accelerated clock and configurable controls will make their way back via DLC! Good job, Tiburon, this is why you guys are number one!

Zep

Banned
bob, unfortunately that wont get you a free copy of madden. Not sure EA likes dickriding on their games... this isn't Microsoft.

GQman2121

Banned
Mrbob said:
Glad to see 5 year old features like Accelerated clock and configurable controls will make their way back via DLC! Good job, Tiburon, this is why you guys are number one!

DLC is a great thing, everyone loves it. However, this kind of DLC is a fucking joke.

Could you imagine if something like Co-op was removed from the next Halo, only for Bungie to announce that they're going to patch the feature in with future DLC? They would get torn to shreds.

If this were any other genre people would be pissed, but being as it's a sports game, it's no big deal. We're (sports gamers this gen) so accustom to taking the dick year after year when it comes to BS like this, that it’s to the point where none of it is ever going to change. It's absurd. But what option do we have?

And what the fuck does "hidden by some of our late added post effects" mean anyway?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
GQman2121 said:

I don't know about his specific level of "beastiness", but in the games I played against the Vikings he was VERY difficult to stop.

Even when stacking 8 in the box.

DMczaf

GQman2121 said:
DLC is a great thing, everyone loves it. However, this kind of DLC is a fucking joke.

Could you imagine if something like Co-op was removed from the next Halo, only for Bungie to announce that they're going to patch the feature in with future DLC? They would get torn to shreds.

If this were any other genre people would be pissed, but being as it's a sports game, it's no big deal. We're (sports gamers this gen) so accustom to taking the dick year after year when it comes to BS like this, that it’s to the point where none of it is ever going to change. It's absurd. But what option do we have?

And what the fuck does "hidden by some of our late added post effects" mean anyway?

It's because it's not really DLC. MS has a patch limit of 4MB, so they decided to put all the big patch stuff into an unofficial free "DLC" so they can step around the patch limit.

GQman2121

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
GQ have you had anything good to say about madden/ncaa ever? :lol

I know, I know. You should see my posts over at OS. It's horrible. I have all of these questions and just don't understand many of the decisions they've made this generation.

I'm genuinely confused and continue to be with the way they selectively pick and choose to answer the most frivolous questions over there. I only want to understand.

I would pay to be a fly on the wall at Tiburon for one of their pre-game production meetings. Though I doubt I would be able to keep my mouth shut.

madden and ncaa absolutely have issues. but what baffles me is that people treat NFL 2k5 like it's some godly football experience. i'm not sure if it's because people JUST care about presentation or what, but i just don't get it (not saying you're an NFL 2k5 backer).

however, even though i felt madden 05 was better than 2k5, i wish there was still SOME competition :(

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
I know, I know. You should see my posts over at OS.
Explains A LOT.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
however, even though i felt madden 05 was better than 2k5, i wish there was still SOME competition :(
Was that before or after you and DM declared 2k5 game of the forever? :3

GQman2121

Banned
Rorschach said:
Explains A LOT.

What does it explain? Because I don't think I'm that bad over there. Some kids are going ape shit crazy. I praise what I like and ask questions about what I don't understand.

Anyway, have you guys noticed in the demo that if you take off for the first with Eli and make your way towards the sidelines that any defender closing within tackling range will slowdown so that they’re not flagged for a late hit out of bounds? I’ve tried it a bunch of times now and I think it’s actually something they must have worked on because in previous years the defense would ride the ball carrier damn near into the bench. It's nice to see that.

Also, what do you guys think of the default roster ratings for your teams? Agree/disagree?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just woke up and heard the news. :D

Greatest QB to helm the Jets since Broadway Joe. I am not expecting much (it IS the Jets afterall) but I cannot deny that hearing the news that Brett is a Jet made me feel giddy this morning. Perhaps now Cotchery and Coles will get to run their full routes and not have to run back to Noodle-Arm's weak-ass throws. Speaking of Noodle-Arm, maybe he will end up a Bronco (thin-air helps the ball travel further) or as a Viking or dare I say it, a Bear.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Now that he's on the Jets, EA will probably retroactively lower his ratings to Mid to Low 80's. That's just the way it's going to be.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
Now that he's on the Jets, EA will probably retroactively lower his ratings to Mid to Low 80's. That's just the way it's going to be.
You shut it! I am trying to figure out how to photoshop a makeshift Madden 09 cover with Brett in Jets green rather than Packer piss yellow. Otherwise, it is the $90 version for me.

Courtesy of AirBrian:
nfl_wartop.jpg

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
I just woke up and heard the news. :D

Greatest QB to helm the Jets since Broadway Joe. I am not expecting much (it IS the Jets afterall) but I cannot deny that hearing the news that Brett is a Jet made me feel giddy this morning. Perhaps now Cotchery and Coles will get to run their full routes and not have to run back to Noodle-Arm's weak-ass throws. Speaking of Noodle-Arm, maybe he will end up a Bronco (thin-air helps the ball travel further) or as a Viking or dare I say it, a Bear.

See, it's good to see someone actually excited having Favre on the Jets. All of these pretenders and FMT clithangers in OT just trash him endlessly.

In other news, I want this game so bad

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LukeSmith said:
See, it's good to see someone actually excited having Favre on the Jets. All of these pretenders and FMT clithangers in OT just trash him endlessly.

In other news, I want this game so bad

To be honest, if I was looking at Chad starting then Favre came in, I would be happy too. That would be like if the Texans still had Carr and they got Favre. I would be leading the parade downtown to welcome him here. I do think that the Bucs would have been a better fit for Favre though. Atleast the Jets will get on Sunday night football now as part of the flex schedule.

In other news, I am going to be the uber-geek and get Madden at midnight, and then get the PSP bundle the next day for my trip to the city of hood, Detroit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm getting Madden at midnight. Since the Gamestop is less than 1 mile from my house :D

DenogginizerOS said:
You shut it! I am trying to figure out how to photoshop a makeshift Madden 09 cover with Brett in Jets green rather than Packer piss yellow. Otherwise, it is the $90 version for me.

Courtesy of AirBrian:
nfl_wartop.jpg

No need to.

Update: EA will indeed release a day-one update placing Favre on the Jets (and reflecting any other relevant roster changes), reports MTV Multiplayer. But that's not all: "We do not plan to re-issue packaging, but WILL offer a free downloadable cover in the coming days on easports.com featuring Brett Favre in a Jets uniform. Fans can print this new cover out and insert it into the case of Madden NFL 09," a company spokesperson revealed to MTV. See, EA did have a plan! ... But if you're not feelin' it, why not make your own cover?

http://www.*******.com/2008/08/07/favre-to-remain-a-packer-on-madden-cover-ea-has-a-plan/

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Considering that he was only 97 because of the retirement, they probably will and should lower it. Don't think they'll go 80s, though. :p

It's good that he didn't end up on the Bucs. DM would have never used him anyway. I mean, he would have started for the Bucs, but he wouldn't have thrown more than 2 passes a game.

Birdman02

AirBrian said:
I'm going to pick it up at midnight too. So is anyone going to get it at 7/11? It's $10 off if you buy a Snickers.

I'll be at my local 7/11. They have the best deal I've seen so far.....but I thought you were getting the "deluxe" edition (or whatever they're calling it).

AirBrian

Birdman02 said:
I'll be at my local 7/11. They have the best deal I've seen so far.....but I thought you were getting the "deluxe" edition (or whatever they're calling it).

I think 7-11 is going to carry them! :D

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
It's good that he didn't end up on the Bucs. DM would have never used him anyway. I mean, he would have started for the Bucs, but he wouldn't have thrown more than 2 passes a game.

I would have probably used him as trade bait to get a 90+ rated defensive player :lol

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
I'm going to pick it up at midnight too. So is anyone going to get it at 7/11? It's $10 off if you buy a Snickers.
Didn't know about this...and they're having a midnight launch?

DMczaf said:
I would have probably used him as trade bait to get a 90+ rated defensive player :lol
No trading, sucka!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Trading is in! Your complaining didn't work here, only on EA producers!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i really don't want trades in the first season. i guess it's cool for subsequent seasons to spice things up but the last thing i want to see is what happens in NBA 2kx when trades are enacted: a bunch of teams you don't recognize.

now if injuries were carrying over from game to game, and there was a draft and free agent market (basically, if franchise mode was what we were getting), then absolutely. but i just don't see the need for trading. pick your squad and play with them is what i say!

:3 Wrong again!

Top Bottom