• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GQman2121

Banned
Anyone have any luck finding stores that are breaking the street date?

I'll have the game in 24 hours. Import store here in Baltimore has it already, but won't sell till tomorrow.

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
Didn't know about this...and they're having a midnight launch?

Not sure about stores that close before midnight, but most of the 7-11s that do stay open late should be selling it. It's best to ask your local shop though to sure.

They also gave out the demo on disc if you bought their lunch sandwich meal, which was like $4.

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
game is in!

haven't decided if i should pick it up tonight or tomorrow. don't like the look of that traffic headed out of LA!

how the heck is it in already??

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Considering that he was only 97 because of the retirement, they probably will and should lower it. Don't think they'll go 80s, though. :p

It's good that he didn't end up on the Bucs. DM would have never used him anyway. I mean, he would have started for the Bucs, but he wouldn't have thrown more than 2 passes a game.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh and rors i never told DM we'd be activating trading for season 12!
I had a wind of it. He's my own personal Newman. >:|

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't like the look of that traffic headed out of LA!
Yeah...just got here and it's craziness. I'm gonna try some local places. Especially since I have to wait here for the UPS man a little bit longer. >:|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
id suggest having trades on. what are you gonna do when all your QB's suck, fmt? Your gonna need Kevin Kolb!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors you went there and they dont have it? i called and he said they did.

ill head out there tomorrow, but let me know if you got it
No, I didn't. Got home and just sat here waiting for a package. :\ Don't think I can make it today. Just gonna look around here.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oooh i get it. well if ontario is closer than gardena i can pick a copy up for you buddy ;)
Hahah thanks for the offer, but Ontario is quite a bit further. :p I'll be out of town this weekend. If I don't find it tonight, I'll be playing it on release with the rest of the chumps! :\

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
I had a wind of it. He's my own personal Newman. >:|

Newman.jpg

DCX

DCX
I'm going to try to find a midnight opening round these barren parts but i doubt it. I might just have to have it like most mere mortals...and Rors.

DCX

About to board my flight back to LA, but my wife has confirmed that she was able to buy my copy earlier this afternoon. It's going to be a loooonnng night tonight!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Haha. Nope Truelize is just me. My wife got it for me a couple of years ago. It's been a nickname for over 15 years.

So it's not JUST my Gaf name. I think it's cool cause no one else has a clue what it means.

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
its not the arnold movie? :(

there goes my guess. post impressions!
Holy shit you just blew my mind. True Lies = Truelize. :lol Not that's what it means for True, but still.

doesn't look like I will pick this up until September, due to an epic EA Store run I plan on making. Looks like I may bail for the first season, really sorry.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Alright. So I played one game of my franchise.

First I did the tests. Wow I am horrible at the defensive ones. I don't know if others had problems with these in the demo but I was way worse tonight than I was in the demo. Way worse.
Front end looks nice. Nothing really different than last year really. Menus run smooth.
Franchise setup is pretty cool. Lots of options to mess with.

Start my first preseason game.
WOW!!! Game looks really really nice. A bit cleaner than the demo. Very pretty.
Announcers... Um.... Well they are much better than the radio guy. I didn't like them much when the game first got going, noticeable delays betweens words etc.. very much like Joe Montana on the Genesis (like it was said before). But once the game got going they are pretty good. Nothing worse than when we used to have the big guy announcing the games for us. I've only played one game but I think these two will be more tolerable than any of the previous announcing crews.
Playcalling screens run smooth. Not noticing the button lag I felt from the demo. Huge feeling of relief.
A.D. is a monster. Four of the first five plays I run with him I get 8 or more yards. NICE!
Attempt a pass. Incomplete. End of drive. Announcers perk up and start into the replay feature where they break the play down for you and show you where you went wrong, where your openings were and how the defense got to you. Extremely cool feature. It shows 4 different angles of the same play and it takes turns highlighting the different players that had an impact on the play. This is likely the coolest feature they have ever put into the single player part of the game.
The replay feature is very nice too. The little window during the play selection screen is always running a replay of your previous play now. I never once saw my players just standing around like they used to. If you want to watch the replay just pull the R3 button in and viola it's there. For a struggling Madden player like me this is great. Very great.
Smooth into the replay, smooth out of the replay and back to the game.
The presentation of the game I played was pretty near perfect. I was extremely impressed with how everything transitioned.

The game plays nice. Maybe a little smoother than last year on the 360. I felt no button lag during plays and the speed of the game is much much better. As for how the A.I. reacted I saw some stuff that was typical, guys pressuring the QB, breaks open, stops, turns around and looks for the blocker than is supposed to be blocking him and then locks up with him. Dude has a wide open lane for the sack. Oh well. I never saw anyone go through anyone else. I hate to say anything negative but this is the only negative thing I saw.

So far I'm very happy. I can't break down for you how the game plays cause I'm just not an elite player. I think we will have a some big offensive games. BIG!

The only other thing I noticed is that the computer played balls to the wall for the last two minutes. I held them scoreless all game and in the last two minutes they got a FG and a last second TD. It was rather ridiculous really. It was a preseason game too. All of a sudden the offense was on fire. But things that are expected in single player sports games.

I hope more people get it this weekend so we can try out some multiplayer.

Sorry if the impressions weren't amazing. This is the first time I've been the first guy to get a game.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
its not the arnold movie? :(

It is not the Arnold movie.

The story goes that I was sitting at a computer trying to open a hotmail account so I could have my first ever email address. I couldn't find anything that wasn't taken (yes even my name was taken somehow. But I could have had my name with six numbers behind it - thanks for the suggestion Microsoft). I was trying to think of something that mattered to me or that I stood for (I was young, and I was an honest kid always trying to do what is right - sue me) and I thought of truth. My last name is Lees. So I'm sitting there saying "Truth Lees" over and over again. That turned into "True Lees" and BANG it hit me. "True Lies" I changed it to "Truelize" so it wouldn't be the movie title and the rest is history. It has been my log in, gamertag, nickname ever since.

I was even trying to convince my wife to let me name one of our boys "True". I think it would be a cool name. But the biggest reason is cause then he could be the REAL True Lees. She didn't go for it at all.
I'm big into the number three too. Another name I was gunnin for was "Trip". Trip Lees could turn into Triples. Wooo. She was worried he would be a clutz. No I lost out on that too.

And that concludes our episode of Live Journal. :D

Zep

Banned
Supposedly from PastaPadre:

-No Stat Tracking (Individual, or Team)

-No way to create schedule or even have the computer randomly generate one.(Flex schedule means you play whoever is on without any real structure)

-And the worst part is that if you have a 32 team league you have to play a minimum number of 32 games!! WTF? Apparently there is an option for 1,3,5,7,9,or 11 regular season games but that is the number of times each member play each other. (He is re-looking into this but if that is the case the leagues are completely ruined)

That is an absolutely pisspoor effort on EA's part.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
:( Fuck you, Tiburon!

What are you talking about? NCAA's online dynasty is awesome!

Sucks to be the Madden league!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!1111 SUCKERS!

....wait.

Fuck.

capt.3b5bd07c4ccd4e5fb55404bd444503f6.brett_favre_jets_football_ohmd105.jpg

LJ11 said:
Wow, I thought The Show had stripped down leagues but this is even worse.

Nothing is more strip down than the MLB 08 The Show Leagues. NOTHING! It was barely even a league, it was like Sony was just keeping track of standings with paper and pencil and calling it a day :lol

Zep

Banned
Like CB just told me...This is basically a glorified tournament mode. And glorified might be pushing it.

DMczaf

Well if MLB 08 The Show is anything to go by, the worse the online leagues are, the better the game is! RIGHT!?! RIGHT?!?!?!

34qk9qf.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Both of Tiburon's football games this season are confusing the hell out of me........

How do they implement a proper online dynasty in NCAA, but completely butcher Madden?

Rorschach

The fantasy draft is not a true selection process instead it is an auto draft. You can set your draft list and priorities but ultimately the CPU will be conducting the draft.
As far as I’ve seen there is no way to change or erase results.

:lol

As with the NHL 08 and NBA Live 08 league systems this turns out to be more of a glorified tournament or competition rather than an actual league feature. The addition of the playoffs does make it a more viable option though compared to those from last year. For people who just want to jump into an open competition with little organziation or planning it can make sense to utilize this feature. But for anyone who is running a serious league they’ll need to continue playing standard online games and using a third-party service to keep track of it.
:'(
Ryan Ferwerda and Daniel Castorani said:
That being said, we have support for up to 32 users, full player stats, player trades, a fantasy profile draft, news options and a myriad of other features.
LIAR! WHORE! LIAR!WHORE!LIAR!WHORE!LIAR!WHORE!LIAR!WHORE!LIAR!WHORE!LIAR!WHORE!LIAR!WHORE!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Oh jeez wtf >_<

LeagueDaddy wins again :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So which one of you bitches do I need to hire to fill in my game stats....

I just at this moment came down with a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Top Bottom