• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
I gotta say, the 360 version is very smooth. Why are we switching systems again?
redring.jpg

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Red ring of shit ,but feel free to play in the 360 league Konex :p

Cloudy

Banned
*knocks on wood for my 360*

Red ring of shit ,but feel free to play in the 360 league Konex :p

I already ordered the ps3 version and I can't be buying two versions of one game anymore. I'm grown now :lol

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I gotta say, the 360 version is very smooth. Why are we switching systems again?

dammitmattt said:
All,

I just got the RRoD for the 3rd time and will be out of commission for about two weeks. I apologize to my next opponents vumper, Lonestar, and Truelize, but I will try to see if I can get in one or two of the games in on a friend's system.

Sorry :(

daw840 said:
AARRRRRGGHHHHHHHH.........FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK........I GOT THE RROD.....

Wellington said:
Sweet, one week from Halo 3 and now my 360 has locked up twice.

Anyone experience the same thing? The screen just stops and lines develop vertically. What can I do to keep this thing from fucking up...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
DCX has RROD and apparently MS won't repair it since it's 1 red ring. therefore at this time i'm replacing the browns with ChrisJames.

bluemax said:
I think my 360 just died. I started it up and was gonna practice for a couple of minutes before playing MrBob. I selected teams and when it went to the last page of setup the music cut out and it stopped responding.

I turned it off and when I turned it back on the video never came on and it didn't really make any noise. I get RROD after about 30 seconds of it being on.

Why? Why did this happen? I've had it for over a year and taken it on the plane a couple of times with no problems. I haven't logged that many hours on it, its in a well ventiliated spot on my floor.

:(

Ramirez said:
So uh, yea my Elite just RROD. :|

SickBoy said:
Yeah, I was still figuring I could play now and again, but my 360 died this week. :( Worse yet, it's not a RROD, so it's gonna cost me :(

Birdman02 said:
I got a message from LJ that his 360 died.....does that make 4 broken 360s this season? Do you want to play our game tonight instead? I'm available after Heroes tonight, so how does 9 central work for you?

DenogginizerOS said:
The new heatsinked Elite I bought last July died on me three weeks ago. The DVD drive failed. The Falcon Elite I got as its replacement had a defective DVD drive that sounded like a dentist's drill at times to the point I thought my disc was grinding down to dust. I know others are happier with the new Falcons, and I just seem to have the worst luck with X360, but there it is.

And if you have a 175W power supply, you have a Falcon.

DMczaf said:
Well my 360 died again today. PS3 Leagues confirmed.

You've changed things, 360... forever. There's no going back.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys relax, there are a few people in the league with RROD. be patient, they will play in due time. remember, the league advancement is always only a few days away!

iraqi-information-minister.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Until you stop watching little school girl animes,you will never truly be a grown man :p

You didn't quote my RROD posts Dm...I feel so left out :(

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Until you stop watching little school girl animes,you will never truly be a grown man :p

Was gonna say he forgot the Rorschach and Matrix sagas! I guess that's just a small sampling, though.

DMczaf

Matrix said:

I just searched for RROD on the online forum and copied and pasted the first several i found :lol

Theres probably hundreds more!

Matrix

:lol

Speaking of Red Rings,Rors I called MS and told them I'm getting the death rings on my refurb and that this is my 4th f-ing system,but it hasn't fully croaked yet.I say like 98% of the time I get them when I turn the system on and the CS rep who of course I could hardly make out,said something like until it is 100% dead I would not be covered by the ring warranty and would have to pay to have it fixed :lol ROOFLES I might have to contact the BBB again.

So does anyone have any f-ing tips to kill it off for good? Whats this towel trick bs again?

Rorschach

Matrix said:

Speaking of Red Rings,Rors I called MS and told them I'm getting the death rings on my refurb and that this is my 4th f-ing system,but it hasn't fully croaked yet.I say like 98% of the time I get them when I turn the system on and the CS rep who of course I could hardly make out,said something like until it is 100% dead I would not be covered by the ring warranty and would have to pay to have it fixed :lol ROOFLES I might have to contact the BBB again.

So does anyone have any f-ing tips to kill it off for good? Whats this towel trick bs again?
:lol They always told me "are you SURE?!" and made me go through the stupid list. I've only had 1 RROD, though. The rest were disc or gpu errors.

Anyway, according to the MS rep here, you don't actually have to kill it. If it's dying most of the time, just send it off and tell them that it's totally dead. The guys on the phone will never see it anyway and the repair place will have to test it. You won't even have to towel it.

Towel trick is just running it with a towel wrapped around it. It overheats the system (even more than usual) and kills it. It was originally used to temporarily breath life into dead systems, but eventually it takes them out completely.

Good luck!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I had a simular problem matrix. when mine was about 75% dead i literally punched the side of it and banged it against this plastic storage thing i have for like 5 minutes. I was just hoping it would fix it since i have a long standing history of using violence to fix broken things. it has a pretty good success rate. It all started with trying to make my stupid NES work. Banging on the top of it fixed it quite alot :lol

Needless to to say it red ringed about everytime after that. it didnt fix it obviously but breaking it fully was the next best thing

Matrix

Ugh Konex :(

Thanks for the tips guys.I think I'll go all Ron Artest on it first and then try the towel trick if that doesn't work.This bitch is going down!

Rors I would lie,but knowing my shitty luck it would magically come back to life and MS would charge me.

AirBrian

Matrix said:

Thanks for the tips guys.I think I'll go all Ron Artest on it first and then try the towel trick if that doesn't work.This bitch is going down!

Rors I would lie,but knowing my shitty luck it would magically come back to life and MS would charge me.

Rorschach

I hate imaginary walls...

206jupg.gif

Matrix said:

That was always my fear (them holding it ransom), but since a Xbox Live rep said it, then I figured it was common. Good luck, anyway. Don't beat it too hard!

GQman2121

Banned
I'm actually kind of shocked that they went with the tron presentation for the IQ testing because the actually visuals are excellent. The game looks light years better than last season.

It still has those classic EA football problems though, like players sliding on one leg then hopping off that same leg to make a play on the ball. Warping is still all over the place on passing plays.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXUVSkJIPls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl3eg0OK72E

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Zep said:
Im gonna have a field day with this passing game + slide protection.
I am going to have a field day with two awesome DEs and good blitzing LBs.

I haven't DLed the demo yet but I will do so tonight. Glad to see the WORLD CHAMPION New York Giants are in the demo so I can get some extra reps in. :D

BTW I am still planning on getting the game for both systems.

Matrix

Odd :\

Oh well I only play against league opponents and some friends so it's not a issue for me.

sucks about the sliders, although i'm not sure i really care since i played maybe 5 games against the CPU in last years version and EA already said no sliders for the online leagues.

played the demo this morning, need more time! graphics are awesome but it seems like the game has a bit of NCAA in it (QB accuracy is too good). but, if we can make it work in ncaa we can make it work in madden. control is smooth though!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sucks about the sliders, although i'm not sure i really care since i played maybe 5 games against the CPU in last years version and EA already said no sliders for the online leagues.

played the demo this morning, need more time! graphics are awesome but it seems like the game has a bit of NCAA in it (QB accuracy is too good). but, if we can make it work in ncaa we can make it work in madden. control is smooth though!
Well you are playing with the best QB in the league and Tom Brady in the demo.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

How is the demo?

I refuse to play it since it's the equivalent of cheating on Giselle with Roseanne Barr.

Wellington said:

no Tom Brady. Just 1 minute and 40 seconds or so of Eli. Which turns out to be 20 seconds as you just lob it up to Plax and TD demo over.

LukeSmith said:
How is the demo?

I refuse to play it since it's the equivalent of cheating on Giselle with Roseanne Barr.

The IQ test is nice, but the demo itself is too short and you can't play on defense. Passing seems over powered just on my one play through.

GQman2121

Banned
Wellington said:

Christ :roll: :p

They did nail Eli's player model though. Looks just like that son of a bitch.

FYI: A patch has already been approved and will be ready for DL on launch day. A few gameplay tweaks and minor glitch fixes that may or may not show up in the demo is the reason for such an early patch.

Good news if you ask me. :)

GQman2121

Banned
LukeSmith said:
How is the demo?

Very admirable Mr. Smith.

Does anyone else think that the deep ball stays in the air a little longer than it should? It felt like it was just hanging there forever on a few of my attempts to the Endzone.

Zep

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
With the "Madden Test", I think they feel like they don't need sliders anymore.

Yea, I understand that...But something is off with leaving this out. Like I said, no big deal for me but it kinda takes a shit on the hardcore madden community who like tweaking things.

LJ11

Played it some more, and I'm noticing the drops. A single high safety seems to commit to one receiver much earlier than he did in last years game, much more realistic but opens up the offense as well.

Play both the 360 and PS3 versions last night, and I'm happy to see they are so identical. Need more time with the game, but I'm not feeling the camera at all. I feel like I can't see much of what's going on down field. The receiver drops are outta control too even with trying to manually catch balls. Not to start a war, but graphically....

I prefer the look of the PS3 version. It seems to look a little more natural to me while the 360 has a very rich and saturated look to it. Tomato..to-mato obviously, but I am very much pleased that no Madden lovers will be screwed....

Rorschach

I heard last year's cam is in retail.

One improvement in CBs that I notices is that they don't lose track of who to cover in the middle of a route. That usually happened last year when there were too many WRs and DBs in the area. They still get bumped way off course if the two models touch, but bringing your safety near the WR doesn't make the CB forget what he's supposed to do. At least in the times I've played it hasn't happened.

That said, they're dumb as a post when it comes to man coverage. They're especially bad on the curls and slants.

My kingdom for a breakaway receiver!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I finally got to play4 the demo (PS3).

Game doesn't really feel all that much slower to me, to be honest. The Giants playbook is different, but it can't be because of the loss of Shockey, unless the turn around time for EA is ridiculously short.

I fucking kilt the Madden Test on offense, I did not do so well on D. The NE defense was ricockulous against the pass, with the run I was able to get some yardage. Not really all that impressed with the blocking, but it is a little better.

I liked my Madden Moment better than the way the Super Bowl actually ended. Six seconds left I am at the two, hike the ball do a quick pass out to the FB who muffs the catch. Down to two seconds now. Call a play with short curls, TE doing an out, and Jacobs going out left. No one open, looks like cover 2 which is deadly near the goal line. All I could do is scramble for it. Eli chugs forward from his five step drop. The four yard line, the three yard line, the two... he is hit! Momentum carries him forward for the TD!! Crowd goes wild!

LJ11

Rorschach said:
I heard last year's cam is in retail.

One improvement in CBs that I notices is that they don't lose track of who to cover in the middle of a route. That usually happened last year when there were too many WRs and DBs in the area. They still get bumped way off course if the two models touch, but bringing your safety near the WR doesn't make the CB forget what he's supposed to do. At least in the times I've played it hasn't happened.

That said, they're dumb as a post when it comes to man coverage. They're especially bad on the curls and slants.

My kingdom for a breakaway receiver!

Awesome!

Edit: I'm eager to see what effect bump n run has on curl routes.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Awesome!

Edit: I'm eager to see what effect bump n run has on curl routes.
It gets the CBs in better position (since they don't go out 5 yards behind the WR), but you can still loop it over them. At least, that's how it happened in the IQ passing test. The AI Pats call the same damn plays on defense every time.

i don't know why people are complaining that there are no CPU AI sliders in madden as they don't work in ncaa. this isn't a guess, the producer literally said on the op sports board that they serve no purpose and have no effect on the game (not sure how accurate this is, but who would know better)

Rorschach

Eh. I played a shitload of franchise and the only sliders I used were penalty sliders (good bye, clipping!). The "robot qb" wasn't really a problem since all the AI likes to do is throw crossing patterns towards the middle. Once you cover those, they don't know what to do and they try to throw it in small windows to the outside receivers resulting in a swat, lucky catch or an int. :p

They also have a pattern which, unfortunately, you recognize if you play it enough. I inadvertantly memorized the plays the cpu likes to use. The trick is to jump their primary read for the int instead of blanketing them and they will throw it there almost every time. If you hover underneath them, they'll try somewhere else. Unless their retarded..some QBs like Grossman will just toss it up anywhere if there's the smallest hint of pressure on them.

I'd just take care of the middle and the weak side and let Asomugha take care of his guy...though he got burned a bit because he's slower than most #1s :(

[edit] What they should really be angry about is no man lock. >:|

LJ11

I haven't been keeping up with the community sites, but are the guys who received early copies enjoying it?

Top Bottom