• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Uhhhhhhh tell me more about this game hut...

game store in gardena.

If your closer to santa monica there is a place over there that sells games early as well called gameplay. They will probably have it friday as well

Rorschach

Damn...that's quite a trip, but it may be worth it. I'll wait to see if you guys score a copy before making the trip. ;) Thanks for the info.

i'll let you know when they get it rors. if ncaa is any indication they'll have it friday morning, but the lady last time told me thursday for madden.

there are 2 "game stoes" in that swap meet. one is game hut, the other is something else, and they both get the game early and play off one another. ncaa was $55 (no tax)

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll let you know when they get it rors. if ncaa is any indication they'll have it friday morning, but the lady last time told me thursday for madden.
Cool, thanks.

there are 2 "game stoes" in that swap meet. one is game hut, the other is something else, and they both get the game early and play off one another. ncaa was $55 (no tax)
:lol Gotta love ghetto shops.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Well I wanted to post my PSN screen name so when Madden hits I have all you guys on my friends list. My screen name is Gunstar77 and I also just bought Soul Calibur 4 for the PS3 as well if someone is looking for a game.

Quit publicly posting my incognito bootleg gaming shops! I'm happy to help fellow leaguers get the game early, but thousands of eyes scan NeoGaf who aren't nearly as appreciative!

Zep

Banned
Yea FMT is gonna ruin it for everybody...Keep the Jersey ones to myself*

*Who the fuck lives in Jersey?!

Anyway, I'm off to Canton today. Gonna be a long drive.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Zep said:
Yea FMT is gonna ruin it for everybody...Keep the Jersey ones to myself*

*Who the fuck lives in Jersey?!

Anyway, I'm off to Canton today. Gonna be a long drive.

sup.....

where u going now for the fix?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
LukeSmith said:
Why isnt there anyone in Seattle area who knows these secrets? :(

Dude you should be able to just call EA in Vancouver and get a hook up. There is no freakin way that someone wouldn't get you the game early. I used to get all EA games early from someone there.
I miss that hookup :(

Edit: I think we have made a big mistake by switching from the 360. I've just now played the demo back to back on my 360 and then my PS3 and the game ran A LOT better on my 360. It looked better too. The most noticeable thing was the button lag on the PS3 version. It was very much like Madden of years past on the 360.

Have any of you tried both versions out? Did you see a difference? I mean an honest difference.

all accounts are that both versions are essentially the same. i haven't played it on 360 cause my buddy borrowed my 360 for rockband... 3 weeks ago! but i haven't noticed any problems on ps3. graphics are smooth, i can make quick throws, quick cuts, etc. didn't notice any button lag at all.

and you will thank me for switching to ps3 when the first RROD shows its face in the 360 league! now i guarantee that because the videogame football gods have a sense of humor someones ps3 will die out during the league, but not on the scale that 360's died last year!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
didnt play the demo really, but do i have to do that whole training before I can play a game, or is the training the whole demo??

Slo

In the 360 demo, you did the training and then you were able to replay the Gint's game winning drive in the Super Bowl over and over.

GQman2121

Banned
I just found out that along with no AI sliders, they've totally removed the ability to edit the controls. So much for giving the player "some" options this gen. Brilliant.

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
I just found out that along with no AI sliders, they've totally removed the ability to edit the controls. So much for giving the player "some" options this gen. Brilliant.
Where did you see this? I hope it's from the stupid Sports Anomaly so it turns out not to be true. :(

GQman2121

Banned
Rorschach said:
Where did you see this? I hope it's from the stupid Sports Anomaly so it turns out not to be true. :(

A mod on the OP forum confirmed it, explaining that it was a design choice by the devs.

You'll notice in some of the vids already posted that during the play call screen in the replay window they give you tips like using speed burst with R2/RT; that apparently would have conflicted with people editing the controls them selfs, as the tips would then be inaccurate.

That's my take from it anyway because I really can't understand why else they would remove it from the game. Talk about boxing your customer into a corner right.

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
all accounts are that both versions are essentially the same. i haven't played it on 360 cause my buddy borrowed my 360 for rockband... 3 weeks ago! but i haven't noticed any problems on ps3. graphics are smooth, i can make quick throws, quick cuts, etc. didn't notice any button lag at all.

and you will thank me for switching to ps3 when the first RROD shows its face in the 360 league! now i guarantee that because the videogame football gods have a sense of humor someones ps3 will die out during the league, but not on the scale that 360's died last year!
Wasn't the first season last year pretty free from RRODs? I thought it was the second season that it really hit hard.

Also, check yo PMs!

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
A mod on the OP forum confirmed it, explaining that it was a design choice by the devs.

You'll notice in some of the vids already posted that during the play call screen in the replay window they give you tips like using speed burst with R2/RT; that apparently would have conflicted with people editing the controls them selfs, as the tips would then be inaccurate.

That's my take from it anyway because I really can't understand why else they would remove it from the game. Talk about boxing your customer into a corner right.
Well, that fucking blows because they changed the controls this year. I liked last year's controls for the most part and they were editable. Man, it's always 2 steps back with these guys.

AirBrian said:
Wasn't the first season last year pretty free from RRODs? I thought it was the second season that it really hit hard.

Also, check yo PMs!
The first season STARTED with broken 360s. There were week 1 and 2 games that needed to be made up. My 360 was broken at the time too. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might be the only league member to NOT have 360 problems. And I'm was a big proponent for moving it to PS3 :p

Just put my reserve in for it yesterday.

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. wellington - giants
4. lonestar - seachickens
5. matrix - texans
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. coldblooded - eagles (gunstar don't hate me but i promised cb he could have the eagles due to the fact that he was cheated out of them in season 11 cause of rrod and i was trying to convince him to get a ps3!)
9. rors - raiders
10. miguel - ?
11. wasabi - packers
12. shawn - cowboys
13. luke - colts
14. LJ - bills
15. denogg - jets
16. gunstar - ?
17. livewire - redskins
18. dcx - falcons (you said you were still up in the air i thought!)
19. GQman2121 - titans
20. ramirez - steelers (sorry brother!)
21. bluemax - chargers (maybe playing?)
22. GCQuinton - Panthers
23. konex - jaguars
24. lawblob - ?*
25. fifty - ravens
26. sableholic - ?
27. dskillz - cardinals
28. zep - rams
29. bryan - Browns
30. truelize - vikings
31. dammittmatt - bengals
32. gstaff - lions
33. knee - dolphins
-------

is there anyone on that list who is no longer interested in playing? just trying to get an idea.... guess this would have been smarter to post a week after the game is released or something, but i dont care!

Truelize said:
Dude you should be able to just call EA in Vancouver and get a hook up. There is no freakin way that someone wouldn't get you the game early. I used to get all EA games early from someone there.
I miss that hookup :(

Edit: I think we have made a big mistake by switching from the 360. I've just now played the demo back to back on my 360 and then my PS3 and the game ran A LOT better on my 360. It looked better too. The most noticeable thing was the button lag on the PS3 version. It was very much like Madden of years past on the 360.

Have any of you tried both versions out? Did you see a difference? I mean an honest difference.

I've played both versions and didn't notice much difference. I wasn't really TRYING to find anything though, I guess we will see when gametrailers put their comparison's up.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
I might be the only league member to NOT have 360 problems. And I'm was a big proponent for moving it to PS3 :p

Just put my reserve in for it yesterday.
I fear you may have just jinxed yourself.

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
I fear you may have just jinxed yourself.

Except he was saying that (AKA rubbing it in our faces) all last year too. I think he somehow managed to harness the power of Josh Brown's foot and use it to keep his 360 going. It's really the only logical explanation.

BTW, who's going to make your 65 yard kicks now, Lonestar?!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AirBrian said:
Except he was saying that (AKA rubbing it in our faces) all last year too. I think he somehow managed to harness the power of Josh Brown's foot and use it to keep his 360 going. It's really the only logical explanation.

BTW, who's going to make your 65 yard kicks now, Lonestar?!
I think he jinxed his PS3, not his 360. ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
MWS Natural said:
I've played both versions and didn't notice much difference. I wasn't really TRYING to find anything though, I guess we will see when gametrailers put their comparison's up.

I wasn't trying to find a difference either. Only reason I played the 360 demo version at was because it downloaded a lot faster for me on the 360.
First difference was the graphics. 360 has a cleaner look to me. But the PS3 looks a bit sharper. Totally reminds me off how the games used to compare on the xbox and PS2 actually.
The other difference was noticeable button lag in the menus, play calling screen and especially at the retry screen for the madden moment. I could just sit there and hit the button repeatedly before it would respond when I wanted to retry. But on the 360 the first button push responded every time.

I really hope this isn't evident in the actual game. Cause it wouldn't be the first time that following the GAF sports crowd bit me in the ass. ie: buying both MVP and MLB2k one year and then we didn't get leagues going for either and selling off Madden 06 on the Xbox cause we were all gonna move to the 360 at launch for the new Madden league. That was still the best Madden I've played.

First difference was the graphics. 360 has a cleaner look to me. But the PS3 looks a bit sharper. Totally reminds me off how the games used to compare on the xbox and PS2 actually.
The other difference was noticeable button lag in the menus, play calling screen and especially at the retry screen for the madden moment. I could just sit there and hit the button repeatedly before it would respond when I wanted to retry. But on the 360 the first button push responded every time.

I really hope this isn't evident in the actual game. Cause it wouldn't be the first time that following the GAF sports crowd bit me in the ass. ie: buying both MVP and MLB2k one year and then we didn't get leagues going for either and selling off Madden 06 on the Xbox cause we were all gonna move to the 360 at launch for the new Madden league. That was still the best Madden I've played.

you had to hit the button repeatedly on ps3? not sure what to say about that, i never had an issue and i "replayed" the moment probably about 10 times. no lag in any of the menus that i noticed.

p.s. but i do agree, the 32 team madden 06 league on xbox was still the most solid season we've had, followed closely by the 32 team 08 season 10 league!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you had to hit the button repeatedly on ps3? not sure what to say about that, i never had an issue and i "replayed" the moment probably about 10 times. no lag in any of the menus that i noticed.

p.s. but i do agree, the 32 team madden 06 league on xbox was still the most solid season we've had, followed closely by the 32 team 08 season 10 league!

yeah on the 360 version I could hit the button as soon as the retry screen would start to pop up and it would restart the challenge. On the PS3 I could hit the button several times before it would react.
Who knows man maybe I'm not used to the buttons or something. But it was quite noticeable to me. Noticeable enough that I came to the computer and posted. I'm just curious if others were seeing the same thing.

I like the last season on the Xbox cause I was actually decent. I even made it to the playoffs that year. Ah the good ole days. This gen has not treated me well when it comes to Madden. I'm really hoping that slowing the game down a bit helps my old brain keep up to you young whippersnappers.

Rorschach said:

AP. And that is the reason I still have hope for this year. Regardless of what happened while I was playing the demo today. AP. All day!

Fifty

Those EAsportsworld videos will more than make up for all of the awards/rankings/etc we used to do on Leaguedaddy. If we can get people uploading the very best clips and organizing those, we could have a highlight reel of the entire season's best plays.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You can't jinx me, I'M THE GINGERDEAD MAN!!
gdm%20gingerbread%20man%20close%20up.jpg

not only that, but as confirmed with those vids, our complaining has worked and varying online weather is in the game!

p.s. it's also in NCAA's dynasty online mode but not in regular NCAA online... whatever floats your boat EA!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Those EAsportsworld videos will more than make up for all of the awards/rankings/etc we used to do on Leaguedaddy. If we can get people uploading the very best clips and organizing those, we could have a highlight reel of the entire season's best plays.
I think the league will still have a front page. If not, let's start the nerdiest concept of all time: a blog for a Madden league!

Truelize said:
No, I think I'll keep AD.

Top Bottom