• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LJ11

Highlighting shades the defense to that particular player, but I thought it only had an impact in passing situations.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If I am getting completely demoralized by a runner and the other user is mixing it a good amount of passes as well, I have in the past called a man coverage scheme or a cover one and assign a double team to the RB. I prefer to do it with guys on opposite sides of the field, but it works well if it's like the MLB and a safety or something like that.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ck i'm not sure we're seeing the samething, cause jacobs was running my guys over until i started spotlighting him and even then i had to freaking have a glob of gang tackling happen to stop him.

but you are right. the difference between "good" teams and "bad" teams is more evident than ever. if you have a shitty team you're going to have to play smart and play to your strengths. good bye passing game, hello 30 rushes per game with frank... although that wont happen cause the fucker seems to get injured once per quarter!

Madden 09 sounds more realistic than ever.

LiveWire

Downloaded the demo, laughed at how piss poor my defensive skills are. I got graded All-Madden in rush offense, All-Pro in pass offense, Pro in rush defense and Rookie in pass defense. :lol

Then, I go to the Madden moment, and just for shits and giggles, called a PA Bootleg. Manning barely escaped the defenders on the automatic rollout, and I get him almost to the sideline with them hot in pursuit and heave a prayer downfield to Burress who outruns the safety and corner to get the ball and keeps going for the TD. The next time I successfully completed it, Brandon Jacobs channeled John Riggins and took a stretch play to the house. Very cool mode, I hope there's a lot of moments in the full version.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
I was going to comment to that effect, I think the differences between teams is more apparent now than last year.

On another note, I think we should consider All-Madden difficulty.

Bout time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Downloaded the demo, laughed at how piss poor my defensive skills are. I got graded All-Madden in rush offense, All-Pro in pass offense, Pro in rush defense and Rookie in pass defense. :lol

Then, I go to the Madden moment, and just for shits and giggles, called a PA Bootleg. Manning barely escaped the defenders on the automatic rollout, and I get him almost to the sideline with them hot in pursuit and heave a prayer downfield to Burress who outruns the safety and corner to get the ball and keeps going for the TD. The next time I successfully completed it, Brandon Jacobs channeled John Riggins and took a stretch play to the house. Very cool mode, I hope there's a lot of moments in the full version.

There are, all from last season. The fucking Browns one is fucked up.

i think every team has a scenario in this mode. shit, even the niners have one (for our game against the cardinals) :lol

p.s. the first "moment" is getting the dolphins their first win in OT against the ravens

played a "mild" cheeser who was using the jets earlier (rated top 100). i say mild because he wasn't running hurry up, but he would scramble out everytime and go for it on every 4th down, blitz the shit out of me on D.

anyways, after i realized his offensive strategy i just started sending willis after favre and he got destroyed. one time he scrambled WAY back with favre and all of his passing buttons disappeared, then he just had to tuck it and run and i sacked him :lol

afterwards i looked at his stats (he was undefeated prior) and he used the Vikes in every game. i guess he was used to Vick 2.0 (i.e. Tavaris jackson)

Played a game earlier today with the Raiders vs. the Texans and I gotta somewhat disagree with the huge disparity between good and shitty teams. I was very pleased with the fact that my "playmakers" were doing just that...making plays. The new DMac was a beast, running over and past people like it wasn't nobody's business, Russell had a strong arm with decent accuracy (great success throwing short to medium routes...very inacccurate long ball), and Asomungha and Hall were giving me great corner play.

I think the key is using the superstars as much as you can, and playing to your strengths vs. playing how you'd WANT to play. But this is coming from a guy that predominately plays as the Cowboys, so take it with a grain of salt.

BTW, I'm tired of everyone ducking me! ;-)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think every team has a scenario in this mode. shit, even the niners have one (for our game against the cardinals) :lol

p.s. the first "moment" is getting the dolphins their first win in OT against the ravens

The shitty thing is that the "moments" use current rosters vs. the real rosters from a year ago. CB, you can fully bitch and complain now as your annoyance with the mode has made the retail copy.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Played a game earlier today with the Raiders vs. the Texans and I gotta somewhat disagree with the huge disparity between good and shitty teams. I was very pleased with the fact that my "playmakers" were doing just that...making plays. The new DMac was a beast, running over and past people like it wasn't nobody's business, Russell had a strong arm with decent accuracy (great success throwing short to medium routes...very inacccurate long ball), and Asomungha and Hall were giving me great corner play.

I think the key is using the superstars as much as you can, and playing to your strengths vs. playing how you'd WANT to play. But this is coming from a guy that predominately plays as the Cowboys, so take it with a grain of salt.

BTW, I'm tired of everyone ducking me! ;-)
I don't think you can judge the disparity by using a shitty team against another shitty one. But you are right, you have to play to a team's strength. Nobody is ducking you, you just need to answer messages!

Got booted from the EA server while playing FMT. Kinda blows since it was a close game in all madden. It felt a lot better than All Pro to tell you the truth. What sucks is that I made a play with a questionable result and I wanted to save the replay. It was a bomb to Burress that he caught right on the sideline that was called in.

Still not really having much success running the ball, however, Frank the Tank is a beast.

Ramirez

So, I have a question about saving these videos, is the entire game available once you're done to replay through and pick what you want to upload or what? I also assume we will be having plays of the week and such with this feature in the league? Would be nice...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
So, I have a question about saving these videos, is the entire game available once you're done to replay through and pick what you want to upload or what? I also assume we will be having plays of the week and such with this feature in the league? Would be nice...
Yep, every play from the whole game is available, you can pick one of multiple angles, then upload it.

Rorschach

Heh I visted yet another 7-11 and they had a bunch of stuff related to Madden all over the place, but the guy had never heard of it. "WE NO SELL DUT HUGH!" :lol

Tuesday it is! :(

Rorschach said:
Heh I visted yet another 7-11 and they had a bunch of stuff related to Madden all over the place, but the guy had never heard of it. "WE NO SELL DUT HUGH!" :lol

Tuesday it is! :(

Ditto, I was pointing to a SIGN at the main COUNTER that said they were selling it at midnight.

The two clerks had no idea what I was talking about. Sigh.

woodchuck

TheMissingLink said:
Ditto, I was pointing to a SIGN at the main COUNTER that said they were selling it at midnight.

couple of the 7/11's said they haven't got their shipment yet. i think that's bullshit though.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
No wai! You can't even tell what race that accent is!

TheMissingLink said:

Yeah, I wonder who stocks the Madden DVDs or the Team dvds. I had to point to one of their many Madden signs for him to finally get it.

LukeSmith

TheMissingLink said:

I had this exact experience.

shawn (as wellie already said) playing shitty team vs. shitty team doesn't illustrate that point. play cowboys/patriots/colts/etc vs. the dolphins to see what the difference is. it's not like you can't win with a shitty team, but you just have to be very careful and play somewhat of a flawless game. not that every possession has to yield points but you can't really turn the ball over and expect to win.

i'm not complaining cause this is how it should be! also, i don't know if EA has ever admitted it or not but i swear there is some hidden momentum meter. i was playing this dude online and he was the saints and i just fucking thrashed him 34-0. my cb's were making all these awesome plays, my line was getting penetration, and the saints are rated an 89 or 90. i dont know, maybe its my playcalling or his.

also all-madden level was a bit better. i didn't notice a gigantic difference, but it was there. we were tied at 14 with 2:30 left when it cut out. ck had just hit a fg to take the lead 17-14.

i think that play to burress was in wellington. it was one of those classic "tackler hits the WR allowing him to stay in bounds" plays. also, frank gore is very beastly in this game. let me have something! (actually VD is also... just need a qb now...)

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
So I finally d/l the PS3 demo, and man do I hate the dualshock controller for this game. :lol

Yep, me too. No way to rationalize those sticks. If we were playing the game with the d-pad that's one thing...

LJ11

I'm thinking of using a DS2, if it works anyway. Much tighter sticks and no triggers, I hate having to use triggers in Madden.

Ramirez

Anyone know what difficulty level the demo is on? I'm leading passes left and right, and actually finding people down field where DBs don't magically close the gap to swat the ball...I'm hoping the real game is like this, but I'm assuming the demo is on Pro. :(

knee

I'm still in... still the Dolphins. :) I'm going to swoop by my usual street-date-breaking haunts today to see if it's on the shelf.

Are we just going by the actual NFL schedule for this season or does Madden itself produce one?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Anyone know what difficulty level the demo is on? I'm leading passes left and right, and actually finding people down field where DBs don't magically close the gap to swat the ball...I'm hoping the real game is like this, but I'm assuming the demo is on Pro. :(

Did you take the Madden tests? If you did then the game is playing at your custom difficulty.

I think.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:
Did you take the Madden tests? If you did then the game is playing at your custom difficulty.

I think.
You can still select one of the old style difficulties if you want. It asks you what difficulty you want to play on.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am still in as well. Matty is going to light up the league with help from his dog Max!!!

I just hope we are not using leaguedaddy. Max no likey leaguedaddy.

matt_leinart.jpg

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LOL.. yesterday i went to a couple 7-11's and and they all seemed oblivious to the nationwide promotion... one spot knew about it, but all the preorders were picked up.. madden is serious business...

I goto target to pick some stuff up and while there I went to the Oldest person i could find working there and asked them to do an inventory check for madden and they said they had 75 available, so he goes to the back gets on for me and brings 5 out with him to put behind the empty madden 08 slots... he goes to ring me up.. I am looking out for the young workers that would enthusiastically shut my operation down, but as I am paying for it, the register states that he cant sell it til tuesday. :-(

gstaff

Too late to do the Snickers preorder thing at Sleven? Also, I walked by one on the way to work today, and noticed that all their promotional stuff is for 360. Are they selling PS3 there as well?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, is the midnight launch tonight? (for everyone else that didn't buy the game already from a gas Station)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lonestar said:
So, is the midnight launch tonight? (for everyone else that didn't buy the game already from a gas Station)

Definitely. I will be at EB getting the PS3 AND PSP versions, like the sap I am. I am scared there will be a huge line of people out there though.

I will be happy while on my flight Thursday to get some Madden in.

GQman2121

Banned
gstaff said:
Too late to do the Snickers preorder thing at Sleven? Also, I walked by one on the way to work today, and noticed that all their promotional stuff is for 360. Are they selling PS3 there as well?

That's a good question. It's pretty clear that MS is helping with the promotions.

Have you seen the Walmart tv spot promoting their midnight launch with the two white guys playing the 360 version?

Here's the extended cut. Notice his gaming form.....

In the shorter version on TV they actually show the guy start his 360 up and flash the logo.

gstaff

That's actually half amusing. At least with Walmart, you know they'll have the PS3 one. At this point, I dont know if 7/11's relationship is strictly with MS -- since the only other games I've ever seen there are Halo 2 and 3.

DMczaf

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/261386-online-update-launch-night.html

Hey guys,

Ryan here. Just wanted to give you guys a quick heads up on what will be going down with tonight's launch.

First off, and this only effects those of you that have the game early, we'll be shutting the servers down late tonight to roll out the 'official' server package. What this means for you guys is that all of the online progress (statistics, leagues, etc.) will be wiped.

This is a a standard procedure that happens with all of our games and let's us make sure that our servers are as up to date and as stable as possible for launch. It also provides a clean slate for everyone getting the game on it's official launch date.

Second, myself and other members of the game team will combing the boards on multiple community sites to see if we can identify issues you guys maybe seeing early. We'll be at the office late, late, late tonight (have to wait for the West Coast to go online) so if you see anything running rampant, post it in a constructive manner and we'll do our best to get on it.

Thanks for your patience guys. I'm excited for the game to be in everyone's hands tonight!

-Ryan.

woodchuck

how long are the servers going to be down?

and how are they going to identify online issues if the servers are down and no one can play online?

Top Bottom