• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GQman2121

Banned
I've only played one game so far, but it was a good time.

I still have to adjust to these controls. Sprinting with R2 and strafing with L2 feels awkward. That patch offering last gen controls can't get here fast enough.........

If anyone wants to play online later let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQman2121 said:
I've only played one game so far, but it was a good time.

I still have to adjust to these controls. Sprinting with R2 and strafing with L2 feels awkward. That patch offering last gen controls can't get here fast enough.........

If anyone wants to play online later let me know.
What is worse for me is the dumpoff pass as L1 instead of R1. Why change it from last year!?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
What is worse for me is the dumpoff pass as L1 instead of R1. Why change it from last year!?

Yeah having to do anymore with my left hand is just odd. Let me just concentrate on moving my guy with my left and hitting my receivers with my right. I'm getting used to it slowly. But it's still something I have to remind myself of before every snap.

I don't have many of you on my PSN friends list. Please send me some invites so we can start playing.

PSN = Truelize

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Once everyone gets the game we should create a GAF room, password it off, and anyone that wants to play another GAFfer can just head in there.

GCQuinton

I don't have it yet, but my PSN name is Wsv771 for those who don't have me on their list. It's looking like Madden will be strictly online for me for the first time, ever. Head Coach seems like it's gonna be more than enough to take care of my Franchise mode needs.

not sure what happened there shawn, i can assure you i didn't quit!

i couldn't catch any breaks that game.... lb's jumping for the pick before i even released the ball, drops, bad run D. cowboys are tough :(

thats what preseason is for though! ill work out the kinks... maybe

p.s. i do plan on using frank gore in the running game for league games

Yeah man good game brother! 24-0 before the halftime connection drop

The Cowboys are a solid team this year and it'll be a crushing blow if I can't take home the title this year. Alot of those picks were user initiated buddy, so don't go blaming Alexis too much. The defense is tough though and Pacman isn't even on the roster yet! And yes...please don't forget you have Gore on your team. The CPU got a couple scores with his overratedness!

To the video highlights!

52 yard touchdown bomb to TO from FMT biting with his safety:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/153090

Another touchdown bomb to Crayton from another play action fake FMT moved his safety out of position on:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/153096

Lastly I call this clip "I GOT HIM":
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/153105

Step your game up with that POS team FMT! Just kidding bud... :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FYI, all 7-11 stores are selling Madden 09 right now.

I need some major work on my offense. It always takes me a few weeks with a new Madden game to get my running game down, so that is normal. The new playbook has me a little screwed up as far as my typical passing plays go.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

I need some major work on my offense. It always takes me a few weeks with a new Madden game to get my running game down, so that is normal. The new playbook has me a little screwed up as far as my typical passing plays go.
SHockey effect. I have alot of catching up to do when i get the game. Hope it doesn't effect me much come season time.

DCX

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:

Hmmm....the closest 7-11 to me is in Austin.

AirBrian

Wellington said:

Wait, what???

I have a 7-11 like 2 minutes away from me. I'll be back in 7 minutes!

Wellington said:

Say what. May need to grab a slushie today and see what happens....

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Good game FMT. I think that is the first time you and I have ever played against each other. That blindside blitz did me in a couple of times. Need to remember that.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
I just got back from 3 7-11s and NONE of them had it. :-(
Yeah, I was gonna say... Anyway, some of them aren't even selling it at all. There's 3 close by and none of them are selling the game period.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Holy Shit! It's no lie! 7-eleven is breaking street date :lol I just got back from the one right near my house in St. Louis. :lol

woodchuck

AirBrian said:
I just got back from 3 7-11s and NONE of them had it. :-(

man. everybody in austin are pussies.

i went to 3 7/11s. all of them are selling the game...except they won't break the street date. i told them, "other 7/11s have already sold out by selling it early. and they said, "we can get in trouble. it's illegal". FUCK

i even tried Target, thinking the grandmas who work there wouldn't know what a street date is. and even they said, "we're not allowed to sell it early"

AirBrian

woodchuck said:

i went to 3 7/11s. all of them are selling the game...except they won't break the street date. i told them, "other 7/11s have already sold out by selling it early. and they said, "we can get in trouble. it's illegal". FUCK

i even tried Target, thinking the grandmas who work there wouldn't know what a street date is. and even they said, "we're not allowed to sell it early"
Ugh, that sucks! I have to run some errands so I'm going to check a few more around here, especially the more popular ones right off 75. The friggin' corporate HQs are in Dallas, we should get it early dammit!

gg ck, man i have a problem with turnovers. need to get that right before the league starts.

im also mad that my guy dropped that easy pick 6 but your guys are ball hawks who catch everything :( /bitter tears

i think i've played enough against the cowboys and giants to last a lifetime. unfortunately i play the nfc east in league play :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg ck, man i have a problem with turnovers. need to get that right before the league starts.

im also mad that my guy dropped that easy pick 6 but your guys are ball hawks who catch everything :( /bitter tears

i think i've played enough against the cowboys and giants to last a lifetime. unfortunately i play the nfc east in league play :/
I was going to comment to that effect, I think the differences between teams is more apparent now than last year.

On another note, I think we should consider All-Madden difficulty.

GQman2121

Banned
woodchuck said:

You have to go where the Asians are; they don't give a fuck about street dates. CASH ONLY!!!

I'm eager to see what this patch fixes tomorrow night. I've had the cpu kick FG's on me that clearly bang off the uprights called good more than once now.

Played one game online (a 13-10 loss), but it ran super smooth on my end. I don't know it's my Fios or what but it was like an offline 2-player game. I was impressed.

I am having a really hard time stuffing the run. Power backs like Gore, AD, and even Ronnie Brown seem to have no problem ripping off three and four yard runs at will. definitely need to make some adjustments.

Have you guys that have played online been able to get your audibles to load? It didn't work in the game I played last night.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
AirBrian said:
Ugh, that sucks! I have to run some errands so I'm going to check a few more around here, especially the more popular ones right off 75. The friggin' corporate HQs are in Dallas, we should get it early dammit!

I am just going to wait until midnight tomorrow. Unfortunately I am going to EB. I would have rather done it at Wal-Mart, but I had a crapload of trade-ins.

GQman2121 said:
You have to go where the Asians are; they don't give a fuck about street dates. CASH ONLY!!!
[/B]

:lol
This is really true because when I was underage and hanging out in NYC, my friends and I were able to buy beer from Chinese merchants...

Unfortunately Austin does not have shit like this :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQman2121 said:

:lol Come to think of it the store I went to is all Asian dudes.

I am having a really hard time stuffing the run. Power backs like Gore, AD, and even Ronnie Brown seem to have no problem ripping off three and four yard runs at will. definitely need to make some adjustments.
Man I am having the opposite problem. I use Jacobs, the most powerful of power backs, and I can't truck or bowl anyone over. Am I mis-timing things? I would think that with Jacobs this shit would be easy, but little bitch safeties and CBs have no problems popping me and stopping me dead in my tracks.

LJ11

Question, does playing on All-Madden increase the speed of the game at all?

Went to a local spot, haven't been able to go to J&L in Chinatown, and they were charging $75 for it. I'll try the local 7-11, see if I can get lucky. If not, tomorrow.

Edit: I recall you had trouble last year running the ball when the game first released, you found away around that...:lol

ck i'm not sure we're seeing the samething, cause jacobs was running my guys over until i started spotlighting him and even then i had to freaking have a glob of gang tackling happen to stop him.

but you are right. the difference between "good" teams and "bad" teams is more evident than ever. if you have a shitty team you're going to have to play smart and play to your strengths. good bye passing game, hello 30 rushes per game with frank... although that wont happen cause the fucker seems to get injured once per quarter!

LJ11

So if you spotlight a runner it effects your Run D? Didn't know that, or actually think about it. Better late than never I guess. :lol

GQman2121

Banned
LJ11 said:
So if you spotlight a runner it effects your Run D? Didn't know that, or actually think about it. Better late than never I guess. :lol

WHAT?

The manual says nothing about this. I assumed that highlighting was just so you could see where that player is on the field after the ball is snapped.

I'll have to run some tests.

Top Bottom