• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
As a lifelong Jets/Patriots/Cowboys fan, I shant let this stand!

PATS PLZ!

Dude, you won the league with the Raiders. (or if I'm wrong, you got to the finals at least)

You're way too good to ever get the Pats. So now that I've complimented you..go to hell!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Dude, you won the league with the Raiders. (or if I'm wrong, you got to the finals at least)

You're way too good to ever get the Pats. So now that I've complimented you..go to hell!
Eff you! Pats plz!!!!!!

I hear, this year, the Raiders are the ultimate cheese team. I should get a lesser team like the Pats since I'm a vet.

Ramirez

Well, I expect one of you fucks to be around to play me tonight, I'm not driving out there at midnight to come home and play the computer!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also there is a madden update on PSN just now. 24 mb!?

is this the gameplay patch?

Yup

PSN gets the Madden patch up before the NCAA patch. WTF is Sony doing :lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol wtf, i signed takeo spikes to my team and now i went from being rated a 72 to an 86 :lol

No more excuses now, Takeo immediately puts on the 69ers on par with my 'Boys.... :lol

even if the rating were actually true (i think its skewed b/c it was using my franchise roster), the cowboys are still rated a 96 by EA. a fucking 96 EA!? this isn't the probowl team friends!

LJ11

My fault for not replying FMT, my PSN is LJ11.

Played a bit, holy shit is the pass gaming overpowered or is it just me? I have speed at WR, but it's a joke how open guys are. I was up on the Pats by three scores in the first half, quit and took on the Cowboys. Three 40+ yard passes in the first half for TD's, dropping the ball over DB's is almost a guarantee in zone or one on one. Playing on All-Pro.

While OL work is better, I feel they gimped blitzing to beef up protection. Last year when you shifted your LB's, their gap assignment shifted as well, not so in '09. So if someone's running a dive, it's going to be harder to smash the gap you want by blitzing your LB's.

I can't run for shit so far, pretty tough to do. I've had more success running without an FB than with.

I'm around for a game.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol wtf, i signed takeo spikes to my team and now i went from being rated a 72 to an 86 :lol
:'( I'm all alone now in the bay area teams of suck.

...unless I get the Pats!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
My fault for not replying FMT, my PSN is LJ11.

Played a bit, holy shit is the pass gaming overpowered or is it just me? I have speed at WR, but it's a joke how open guys are. I was up on the Pats by three scores in the first half, quit and took on the Cowboys. Three 40+ yard passes in the first half for TD's, dropping the ball over DB's is almost a guarantee in zone or one on one. Playing on All-Pro.

While OL work is better, I feel they gimped blitzing to beef up protection. Last year when you shifted your LB's, their gap assignment shifted as well, not so in '09. So if someone's running a dive, it's going to be harder to smash the gap you want by blitzing your LB's.

I can't run for shit so far, pretty tough to do. I've had more success running without an FB than with.

I'm around for a game.

It is overpowered, which is why I think All Madden will work better for the league... however in my all madden game with FMT last night it was the same shit.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
It is overpowered, which is why I think All Madden will work better for the league... however in my all madden game with FMT last night it was the same shit.
How is the running in all-madden? Sucks that they overdid the passing upgrade.

LJ11

Good game FMT, I got a lot of breaks that game. Holding calls galore. Question, did you pass block on the left (your right) on that pick? Your entire oline went to one man and left Schobel/Stroud alone. Slide protection seems like rock-paper-scissors when it comes to pass protection, guess wrong and you're sacked.

Edit: Also, I sent you a friend/psn invite a while back, you never accepted so it won't let me accept yours. Go through your messages and see if it's still there.

Edit2: Good to see EA addressing injuries. Lost Evans for the last drive and Lynch earlier in the game.

i'm kind of torn on the passing game. while it is overpowered, there are at least ways to combat it with blitzing and pressure. the fact that you can lead receivers only helps its power.

on one hand it sucks that it is overpowered, on the other hand what is the solution? why shouldn't the offense benefit from having a good amount of time to throw? stands to reason that if you don't get pressure on ANY qb in the NFL, he's going to find an open man eventually. i think at the end of the 4th against LJ i had blitzed maybe 6 times all game. he finished the game something like 12/18 passing, but nothing major.

meanwhile, i finished 10/12 passing, but it is a little deceiving because gore had 3 receptions and davis had 3 receptions on quick hot reads.

i don't know, i didn't see too much difference between all pro and all madden, but we'll test it out more. the key to getting stops in the passing game is to feel out what your opponent is going to do and then adapt. once LJ HAD to pass, i was getting stops/sacks/picks. when the threat of the run is there i had to honor it.

lets see what happens when everyone has the game. i wish they had some type of inaccuracy meter but i'd rather have this than wild throws all over the place :/

p.s. yes i did LJ. i shifted that direction but i think it was a bluff blitz by your LB cause he didn't come, leaving the pressure to get to me.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meanwhile, i finished 10/12 passing, but it is a little deceiving because gore had 3 receptions and davis had 3 receptions on quick hot reads.
:lol So they did upgrade Smith!

LJ11

Good game Wellie, Parish looked out of bounds on that out pattern.

Your DLine is tough, they were getting in on me up the middle all game.

Edit: I think I'm going to have to shift the line every time I run, it's tough to get decent yards without influencing the protection. It's either that, or short dump offs to backs to substitute for rushing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
Good game Wellie, Parish looked out of bounds on that out pattern.

Your DLine is tough, they were getting in on me up the middle all game.

Edit: I think I'm going to have to shift the line every time I run, it's tough to get decent yards without influencing the protection. It's either that, or short dump offs to backs to substitute for rushing.
Yeah GG.

I really think we'll have to go with All-Madden for the league. The passing game is just ridiculous. I've never been a heavy passer but so far this year it's just so much more effective than running that I don't even give running a second though.

the giants and cowboys D-lines are pretty ricockulous. i fear playing the patriots... godspeed AFC east!

but i play them this season too :(

once everyone has the game we'll know who our full roster of 32 is. now more than ever it will be more important to have dependable people playing since we are going to use EA's thing in conjuction with our own. account... account... accountability as mike nolan always says!

LJ11

Wellington said:
Yeah GG.

I really think we'll have to go with All-Madden for the league. The passing game is just ridiculous. I've never been a heavy passer but so far this year it's just so much more effective than running that I don't even give running a second though.

I agree, especially when you go 3 and out and your opponent goes on a 10 play drive. You abandon the run because you can't afford anymore 3 and outs trying to establish a running game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the giants and cowboys D-lines are pretty ricockulous. i fear playing the patriots... godspeed AFC east!
I was just playing around in Practice mode against the Pats.

Christ.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rors there is no way you should get the Pats. If you were able to win with a horrible team last year what are we to expect from you with this team???

If you get the Pats I get 5 rewinds per game. :)

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
If they're selling it at 7-11 at midnight, I will be, but that's not for another hour. T_T And I'm not even sure if they are. :\

You don't have any Gamestops or Wal-Marts near you? :( Luke is the first west coast beat down I'm putting down.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
You don't have any Gamestops or Wal-Marts near you? :( Luke is the first west coast beat down I'm putting down.
Gamestops near here aren't participating. There's a wal-mart, but it's pretty damn far. Fry's isn't participating this year either. :\

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:

That fast Willie Parker on rookie shit you're pulling against the computer ain't gonna fly here.

I opened up my copy of Warhawk to get out the headset, you better have one or we're chatting on treesitty while we play!

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Gamestops near here aren't participating. There's a wal-mart, but it's pretty damn far. Fry's isn't participating this year either. :\

Wow, that's crazy that they're not participating and my backwoods town is. :lol

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
That fast Willie Parker on rookie shit you're pulling against the computer ain't gonna fly here.

I opened up my copy of Warhawk to get out the headset, you better have one or we're chatting on treesitty while we play!

You guys might as well play Halo 3 at the same time as playing Madden.

It could be like Chess boxing.

Top Bottom