• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
You guys might as well play Halo 3 at the same time as playing Madden.

It could be like Chess boxing.

DM, this is the season we start IMing. I decided it this week. Last season began my torrid affairs with r0rs and Chifty. This season, it's our turn to shine

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
DM, this is the season we start IMing. I decided it this week. Last season began my torrid affairs with r0rs and Chifty. This season, it's our turn to shine

I finally get called up to The Show. I can't mess this up!

DMczaf

Ugh, I can't believe I get called up for Jury Duty the same day as Maddenoliday. Hopefully they say I'm not needed.

Like Rors said in IM, I probably should have asked for an Excuse due to "Religious Reasons"

MADDENOLIDAY!

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
Ugh, I can't believe I get called up for Jury Duty the same day as Maddenoliday. Hopefully they say I'm not needed.

Like Rors said in IM, I probably should have asked for an Excuse due to "Religious Reasons"

MADDENOLIDAY!

Yeah, I was taking tomorrow off originally, but something came up that I have to be at. Leaving early though maybe.

LukeSmith

Sweet after Ramirez pounded me I went back to my franchise and had my PS3 completely lock up. Hard lock, no noise from the game of any kind. Please be isolated!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
All-Madden will be too hard to play on for the league, I assume.

I think difficulties were turned down in order to make the stupid IQ shit a factor. Add to that the fact that passing D is almost non-existent due to the non-spidering of the DBs/LBs and I am curious how our league numbers will turn up.

Fifty

Within hours of Madden coming out..one PS3 locks up and two people announce they're called for jury duty! It's not the RROD we should fear..it's the game itself! It's got the curse of the mummy within it!

This is an evil game. Ancient Magicks are working against us.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I played one game last night after going to EB for the midnight release. Texans/Cowboys. I lost 9-3. No TDs to be had either way. The game seems alot faster than NCAA, I am going to have to get used to that. Also, the "I really don't want to tackle the CPU" crap from NCAA seems to poke it's head in the game every now and then. The running game is ridiculous it seems. The longest run I got was about 6 yards and the Cowboys longest was 4 yards. It is going to take me awhile to get used to this game.

If someone opens up a GAF Madden room tonight, please post the info here so I can get some practice in.

LiveWire

Heading out to pick up a copy now. Hopefully there will be plenty of Collector's copies available at Best Buy. *crosses fingers*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
I played one game last night after going to EB for the midnight release. Texans/Cowboys. I lost 9-3. No TDs to be had either way. The game seems alot faster than NCAA, I am going to have to get used to that.

Too fast? NCAA must be brutally slow!

Also, the "I really don't want to tackle the CPU" crap from NCAA seems to poke it's head in the game every now and then. The running game is ridiculous it seems. The longest run I got was about 6 yards and the Cowboys longest was 4 yards. It is going to take me awhile to get used to this game.

I don't get it, that means you should be breaking huge runs then.

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
Too fast? NCAA must be brutally slow!

I don't get it, that means you should be breaking huge runs then.

I am basing all this on one game, so after a few more games I might change my mind. What I mean is that Romo hit his TE on a curl route over the middle. The TE catches the ball, Demeco Ryans is on him man-to-man and literally runs AWAY from the TE then I had to control him to get him back to tackle the TE after he gets the first down. I saw that a few times in the one game I played. Again, I need to play a few more games to form a more educated opinion. Just a few early impressions.

The game is a bit faster that NCAA. NCAA seemed to be just about right for me. The blitz could be coming, but you had time to do something about it. Madden I literally had no chance to do crap but get sacked. After a few more games when I get home might change my mind about that though. Maybe it is more of a reflection of how the Texans and Cowboys are rated in the game.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm also having a hard time hitting the holes with any kind of burst. It's like I see my blockers doing their thing, but as soon as the ball is handed to my back they just close down. It's either that, or an unblocked LB runs around my line and pulls me down from behind. I can't out run anyone at the line of scrimmage no matter who the back is.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
dskillzhtown said:
Maybe it is more of a reflection of how the Texans and Cowboys are rated in the game.

I'm sure that's it :(

LiveWire

GQman2121 said:
I'm also having a hard time hitting the holes with any kind of burst. It's like I see my blockers doing their thing, but as soon as the ball is handed to my back they just close down. It's either that, or an unblocked LB runs around my line and pulls me down from behind. I can't out run anyone at the line of scrimmage no matter who the back is.

Sounds a lot like last year's running game. Have you tried using slide protection or lead blocking at all? In the demo I was getting hammered by the Patriots LBs but then I fooled around with those two options and sprang Jacobs for a 50 yd TD. From everyone's comments it sounds like crappy teams are really crappy (perhaps unrealistically so), but maybe it's workable with practice. At least there's no more DB spider sense! :D

Also, this collector's edition is pretty skimpy on contents. No extra pamphlets or books or anything?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQman2121 said:
That's my major problem at the moment. Guys tend to fly right off of blocks soon as you hit the hole. I understand if it's a guy like Stroud or Hampton, but a lot of times scrubs shed blocks like nothing and blow me up.

GQman2121

Banned
Wellington said:
That's my major problem at the moment. Guys tend to fly right off of blocks soon as you hit the hole. I understand if it's a guy like Stroud or Hampton, but a lot of times scrubs shed blocks like nothing and blow me up.

I fumbled with LT two times on the same drive last night when playing a 2-player game. He was getting nailed in the back field and at the line.

I think it might have something to do with the IQ test. I aced the running because it's so damn easy, so it might be the game punishing me in spite.

But it is obviously still early in the game, so practice and messing around with all of the pre-snap options is going to take some time to figure out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AlexSmith.jpg

LJ11

Zep said:
lay off the turbo button guys...

I've always laid off of it in previous versions, and I'm doing the same here with no luck. It seems that the fullback, at least the Bills fullback, gets quite confused on who to pick up and it causes a bunch of problems, for me anyway. Running out of singleback formations seems easier.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
I've always laid off of it in previous versions, and I'm doing the same here with no luck. It seems that the fullback, at least the Bills fullback, gets quite confused on who to pick up and it causes a bunch of problems, for me anyway. Running out of singleback formations seems easier.
LJ in our game last night I hit sprint soon as I saw the hole open up, which as you saw led to some good gains, but then in like the second half it stopped working. I am going to be labbing tonight on running, I need to get this shit worked out or I am dead in the water for the league.

..Fuck it, I'm going deep!

Greg

I'm probably going to be on pretty often late at night (anywhere from 11-5 EST) if people want to hit me up for a game - not going to lie, I'm not the greatest competition as I haven't had the game the past few years, but I'm down for whatever.

My PSN is Greg, so feel free to send an invite - just let me know you're from GAF because I get about 50 friend requests a day from people that think they know me because they have a friend named Greg. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Greg said:
I'm probably going to be on pretty often late at night (anywhere from 11-5 EST) if people want to hit me up for a game - not going to lie, I'm not the greatest competition as I haven't had the game the past few years, but I'm down for whatever.

My PSN is Greg, so feel free to send an invite - just let me know you're from GAF because I get about 50 friend requests a day from people that think they know me because they have a friend named Greg. :lol
Just add me then, Wellster!

LJ11

I think stiff arming is going to be key, even before you hit the hole have that stiff arm ready for power backs like Lynch/Jacobs/Gore/Jackson etc.

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
^ Don't add this guy, he ditched us for a few years!

Hey, show respect to the original GAF champ. I took a few years off to let other peeps to win. But the KING IS BACK!

HOVA!

Top Bottom