• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good lord, this game blows. It does feel floaty (something I don't feel in NCAA) and it's even harder to run in this than NCAA. Field seems too short in width, it's too arcadey.

Nope, I just don't like it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Good lord, this game blows. It does feel floaty (something I don't feel in NCAA) and it's even harder to run in this than NCAA. Field seems too short in width, it's too arcadey.

orly2.gif

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lonestar said:

I was thinking today that NCAA was a better game...so I will be getting it back this weekend. I will play both, but I think NCAA will be my addiction again this year.

But I am going to keep giving this game a chance.

LiveWire

I'm not having any trouble running. Maybe it's because it's all I've had on offense thanks to the spider sense DBs for years. :lol

GQman and I played on All-Pro (I couldn't get an unranked invite to work so I had to use Ranked and it must be All-Pro by default?). I won 17-14. Here's some stats and highlights:

Portis 30yd rush:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/181429

Sellers 22 yd reception:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/181386

Campbell threads the needle to Randle El for a TD:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/181353

I had 94 yards on 16 attempts (a few losses with Betts and Portis at the end to set up for the game-winning FG). So, given 6 min quarters, I probably would've had over a hundred for Portis & Betts combined (maybe even 100 for Portis solo), which to me seems about right.

97 yards on 10 passing attempts for Campbell. Again, more time and it might be 150+ (I didn't take any deep shots except for one 20+ yard post to Cooley, so that also might skew it low).

Overall I think the game is fine. I'd like to get a game in against Wellington, because I know the Giants and his style of play so well, and see how our stats turn out in that game.

Edit: Oh and the game was lag-free.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I'm not having any trouble running. Maybe it's because it's all I've had on offense thanks to the spider sense DBs for years. :lol

I had 94 yards on 16 attempts (a few losses with Betts and Portis at the end to set up for the game-winning FG). So, given 6 min quarters, I probably would've had over a hundred for Portis & Betts combined (maybe even 100 for Portis solo), which to me seems about right.
This is what I don't understand, it's like everyone forgot that maybe other than Rors, I had the best ground game in town and now I can't do shit. Maybe I should give it a go with a different team to try a different RB. My earlier game with Denog had me at a 1.9 YPC.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
This is what I don't understand, it's like everyone forgot that maybe other than Rors, I had the best ground game in town and now I can't do shit. Maybe I should give it a go with a different team to try a different RB. My earlier game with Denog had me at a 1.9 YPC.
You wanna play bro?

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:
Some of our first games this weekend had you racking up some pretty good yards against me on the ground.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
That's it rors. We're through!
NOOO! I DIDN'T SEE! Why didn't you message on psn?!

Wellington said:
Look at who his RB is. The most overrated RB in the game.
Try westbrook or Portis. That said, this year's running game is a bit difficult for me, but I've mostly played DM and his Bucs. :lol I'm starting to see a few holes, though. The second half of my first game with DM, I tore it up.

What I would like to know is how you and fmt say it's better on all-madden. Wouldn't that make it impossible to run?

Lonestar

It's probably jus Seattle. That's why it's sucking.

I just know this meh game and it's bullshit "league" will kill the NCAA league, which I've enjoyed. That could be a factor too.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
It's probably jus Seattle. That's why it's sucking.

I just know this meh game and it's bullshit "league" will kill the NCAA league, which I've enjoyed. That could be a factor too.
We had a good game, a muffed punt and a fucked up coverage and we would still be playing :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
What I would like to know is how you and fmt say it's better on all-madden. Wouldn't that make it impossible to run?

Do you agree that on all-pro the DBs and LBs sometimes forget to... how you say... play defense? All Madden adjusts that for the better by a LITTLE. The running game - non-existent - felt the same.

Lonestar

DCX said:
We had a good game, a muffed punt and a fucked up coverage and we would still be playing :/

DCX

Exactly. The only thing I had were the glitch punt coverage and a glitchy busted coverage. Most of your plays were long plays on double, triple, quadruple coverage. Our running sucked! Matt Ryan Express, not withstanding.

Fifty

The passing game reminds me of 2K. With the obvious (aiming passes) and the not so obvious (ball floating in the air, defensive backs less than reliable) I'm worried they went overboard in 'fixing' last year's game.. Hopefully tomorrow brings better impressions.

the "problem" with the passing game doesn't really have much to do with the DB AI as it does with the WR AI. see, when you lead a receiver, he follows the pass all the time, and not his route.

true, there are times in the NFL where the WR adjusts to the pass, but not every time. for instance i can call a deep inside post, and throw a quick pass to the outside as the wr makes his break and he will get right to the ball most of the time. if EA just adjusted so the WR ran his route as it was designed to be run then you cwould actually be required to make an accurate pass as the qb.

but what can you do!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Do you agree that on all-pro the DBs and LBs sometimes forget to... how you say... play defense? All Madden adjusts that for the better by a LITTLE. The running game - non-existent - felt the same.
Just played another game (this time with LJ) and only 1 DB (huff! >:|) blew coverage at the end and that's kinda normal for him. T_T

Rushing was ok the second half and not so great the first for me. Opposite for LJ (ran well first half, not so much second half). Marshawn = beast.

i think another problem is that we are so accustomed to DB's being all world, even nickle and dime CB's.

i'm not excusing ALL the defensive back play, because there have been times where i say come on man make that fucking play, b ut i also think EA has made some strides. i'm sure we all remember madden 05 when a fucking 3rd string LB could hang with a slot WR or when we could all play a cover 1 and never have to worry about someone going up-top because the DB's were so good.

anyhow, the DB play can be an issue at times but i think overall they're headed in the right direction. they need to tune it back towards the DB's a bit but i think it is acceptable.

LJ11

I think FMT nailed the passing aspects and why they're overpowered.

Good game Rors, I got too pass happy in that second half. Pretty good mix in the first.

I fucking hate playing defense in this game, loathe it. Calling man is worthless, it's zone or bust.

GQman2121

Banned
LiveWire said:

GQman and I played on All-Pro (I couldn't get an unranked invite to work so I had to use Ranked and it must be All-Pro by default?). I won 17-14. Here's some stats and highlights:

Sellers 22 yd reception:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/181386

No trouble running because my defense blows goats. Neither of us could really get a stop on 3rd down the entire game. I was just waiting for that first turnover in the rain, which never came.

I do love how McAlister in that clip obviously gets distracted by something flashing in the opposite endzone. Why else would he break coverage and take off like that? :(

It was fun and although I felt like I was watching the game play it's self on defense, my dink and dump west coast was holding on and moving the ball the way I like.

And I agree, other than the small slowdown when the players break the huddle the game ran super smooth on my end.

I do want that beltway rematch sometime soon.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I think FMT nailed the passing aspects and why they're overpowered.

Good game Rors, I got too pass happy in that second half. Pretty good mix in the first.

I fucking hate playing defense in this game, loathe it. Calling man is worthless, it's zone or bust.
GG

Depends on who you are playing, really. I actually played man on you most of the time because you were ripping right through the seams in zone. :lol That actually stopped you for a bit. Then, I played zone on that TD :(

[edit] Can't believe they gimped practice mode. Curse you, EA!

Ramirez

I find it odd how differing the opinions are from everyone, I'm not having any trouble running, and if I run zone I get picked apart. :lol

LJ11

Rorschach said:
GG

Depends on who you are playing, really. I actually played man on you most of the time because you were ripping right through the seams in zone. :lol That actually stopped you for a bit. Then, I played zone on that TD :(

Well you were ripping up my man defense, though I did allow a couple of big plays in zone (missed the swat on one of them). :lol

I thought I contained you a bit better in zone.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
I KILL YOU
Dude...I messaged you on psn....like 6 years ago!

LJ11 said:
Well you were ripping up my man defense, though I did allow a couple of big plays in zone (missed the swat on one of them). :lol

I thought I contained you a bit better in zone.
Yeah, because I was blowing chunks in zone. Depends on who you play. ;b

mig: gonna eat...be E in a few!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is anyone else having problems signing into PSN?

it gives me a DNS error 8002AF02 :(

Not me, up for a game if you get it working?

I can't find the GAF room in the list, but when I try to make the room it says it's being used, fuck you EA!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I cant run just like everyone else,I had like 20 yards or something on 30+ carries with Green lol.I know the Texans suck ass at running,but I felt like a miracle occurred when I broke a 4 yard run :(

Schaub has a weak arm throwing deep from the little I played with him on all-madden....oh noes.Then again it could be my lack of knowing how to use the dual shock 3 well.

Right now I'm a little depressed and this has been my only thing I have enjoyed after two games on all-madden.

Ive been better at D on all-madden then I have on O and usually it's reversed for me.My skillz are in bizzaro world right now.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/181661

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I cant play you,you are my first opponent in the season.

I cant give away all my new secrets!

I don't really have any,I'm going deep

Matrix

Ram,I'll play you if you still want to play.

Top Bottom