• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All that's good and all, but I came off of that canceled season as the Browns. Spoiled with 90 rated WR's and Jumper Winslow.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
All that's good and all, but I came off of that canceled season as the Browns. Spoiled with 90 rated WR's and Jumper Winslow.
Yeah, well now you have decent players at all those spots and an awesome defense (which you didn't have with the Browns). Stop crying!

Lonestar

No way am I going with Mare. COUTU ALL THE WAY /hc2 94 leg isn't too bad. Man, Walter Jones showing his age. Used to be a 99, now he's a 95 :/

Fifty

Boo hoo..my possible hall of famer on the left side: Jonathan Ogden RETIRED!! From a 95 to a 0...[granted I have the 93 rated Jason Brown now, but let's not argue semantics) poor me!

Rorschach

Kwame Harris is my starting left tackle...and he's right next to Gallery: my starting left guard.

v63ote.jpg

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Truthfully, I'm not too sure how good I'll do with the Chicken's. Maybe I won't get stuck with a gimped RB (#37 is still #1 in mah heaaaart). I don't know how the WR situation will be, I don't know if I have a TE, and I don't know how good the OLine will be. I think I'm going to be stuck with a Good QB and no one to throw to, and a good Defense.

Without Zorn you will plummet to the basement of the NFC West! You know it, I know it, and the American people know it.

Note: The above statement is only applicable in a world where the Niners, Cards and Rams are not absolutely dreadful fucking teams who will be lucky to get more than 5 wins this season. Total. Among all of them. Yea, it's that bad.

Lonestar

Well, good thing Zorn isn't in charge of the defense....and I make the offensive playcalling :p

Fifty

Rorschach said:
I'm against trades in the first season, but if there are gonna be trades this season and you're serious, I will make it happen. No joke.

I wonder if we'll have any limitations for trading..I'm not sure where I stand here, assuming the feature works as it should. EA had better be smart enough to make trades require approval before they go through.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Speaking of that, are we going to allow user-created plays/playbooks? I'm very curious to see how that works in-game.
It will work like it always worked when users were able to use created plays: cheesy. :p

What I would like is the ability to make your own playbook from existing playbooks. You know, mix and match. It's kinda unfair, though, since only people with HC will be able to make their own plays.

Fifty said:
I wonder if we'll have any limitations for trading..I'm not sure where I stand here, assuming the feature works as it should. EA had better be smart enough to make trades require approval before they go through.
Phil Frazier said it does require approval. Also, there are no multiple player trades or 2 for 1 or multi-team trades. :(

PS: do you think that's an uneven trade? I think it's pretty fair. :D

Fifty

Rorschach said:
PS: do you think that's an uneven trade? I think it's pretty fair. :D

McFadden for Walter Jones? Ignoring the fact it would never happen..I'm not sure we'd want to allow 95 rated players being traded for 85 rated players.

Lonestar

Well, now looking, they totally screwed DMac. 74 trucking, what the fuck are they smoking. That was his most dangerous weapon.

His skill is: Run really fast and just smack the shit out of defenders, because he was running 88 miles per hour, and opening a can of Flux Capacitor on their Iranian Nuke Dealer asses.

Rorschach

Ok what about Locklear for McFadden. 1 point difference!

I wonder how many OVR points would be taken away for switching to LT...

Lonestar

I would accept that trade. If by going with NCAA's idea of switching RT to LT, there isn't a change on OVR rating. Same with Guard's. Madden might do it differently though.

Wow so the no divisions thing was true huh?!? It'll be nice to actually get a bye this year instead of going 12-4 and having NO home playoff games (Hi Season 10!!)

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I would accept that trade. If by going with NCAA's idea of switching RT to LT, there isn't a change on OVR rating. Same with Guard's. Madden might do it differently though.
It does. I think when I switched Cornell Green it was like 3 points or something.

Mrbob

No divisions is bullshit.

I want my 9-7 record playoff birth!

That's football!

Now I must show my true power and go 19-0.

remember our classic OT game that season? you had me dead to rights and i still survived!

p.s. my condolences rors. kwame "the game" harris is garbage in real life and in madden!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
remember our classic OT game that season? you had me dead to rights and i still survived!

p.s. my condolences rors. kwame "the game" harris is garbage in real life and in madden!
Yeah, and you guys get Sims (our former starter) as a good backup. :(

Gallery + Harris = no more running to my favorite side. Doesn't help that a lot of the best pass rushers are on that side either. ><

i really don't want trades in the first season. i guess it's cool for subsequent seasons to spice things up but the last thing i want to see is what happens in NBA 2kx when trades are enacted: a bunch of teams you don't recognize.

now if injuries were carrying over from game to game, and there was a draft and free agent market (basically, if franchise mode was what we were getting), then absolutely. but i just don't see the need for trading. pick your squad and play with them is what i say! but as always majority rules!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i really don't want trades in the first season. i guess it's cool for subsequent seasons to spice things up but the last thing i want to see is what happens in NBA 2kx when trades are enacted: a bunch of teams you don't recognize.

now if injuries were carrying over from game to game, and there was a draft and free agent market (basically, if franchise mode was what we were getting), then absolutely. but i just don't see the need for trading. pick your squad and play with them is what i say! but as always majority rules!

Todd Collins Mix for Nate Clements & Patrick Willis. You're practically destined for the Superbowl! Who needs a defense when you've got a real live quarterback?!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Todd Collins Mix for Nate Clements & Patrick Willis. You're practically destined for the Superbowl! Who needs a defense when you've got a real live quarterback?!

i think you should be looking for a defensive end after the massacre at redskins camp today :lol

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I vote no trades, period. Sim league with non Sim rosters? Might as well start calling plays from the Ando and Vumpler formations, next.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i really don't want trades in the first season. i guess it's cool for subsequent seasons to spice things up...
This is a great idea!

LukeSmith said:
I vote no trades, period. Sim league with non Sim rosters?
Unfortunately, since leagues are gimped, we won't have the right rosters anyway. :(
We're stuck with whatever rosters we start the league with. I hope we wait for the first roster update so Kwame Harris can be rated 99 like he deserves.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
This is a great idea!

Unfortunately, since leagues are gimped, we won't have the right rosters anyway. :(
We're stuck with whatever rosters we start the league with. I hope we wait for the first roster update so Kwame Harris can be rated 99 like he deserves.

Everyone should just prepare themselves to return to the 360 and use League Daddy this year once you learn of the Truth.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No roster updates once the league starts would be great if injuries carried over. Just think about all the injuries the Giants had and they still won the super bowl.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
No roster updates once the league starts would be great if injuries carried over. Just think about all the injuries the Giants had and they still won the super bowl.

oh ferchrissakes. *facepalm*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Forget it, I take it all back. No Shockey for me = doom.

I wonder if they will re-create the Giants play book now? A lot of the plays were designed specifically for Shockey.

LukeSmith

real talk: media weren't sent the PS3 version to review like they were the 360 version :((

maybe because they were 100% identical and there's no reason to send both /hope hope hope

Top Bottom