• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GQman2121

Banned
LukeSmith said:
real talk: media weren't sent the PS3 version to review like they were the 360 version :((

maybe because they were 100% identical and there's no reason to send both /hope hope hope

Well, NCAA on both systems is the same and both fucking up, so I sure hope that's the case here with Madden minus the fucked up part.

I also feel trades should be banned this year. If Tiburon can't get the online franchise mode packed with real world features like trading for draft picks, or multiple team trades, we shouldn't even waste our time with it. It's the old EA sports motto of maybe next year..........

Have they even given a reason why there are no divisions, playoffs, or super bowl online?

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
real talk: media weren't sent the PS3 version to review like they were the 360 version :((
I knew it! It doesn't exist! You hear that, DM?!

GQman2121 said:
Have they even given a reason why there are no divisions, playoffs, or super bowl online?
Because no one in the media calls them out on it. They're too busy dissecting the global impact of Wii Music.

Fifty

Reading this thread is depressing. We need some optimism.

I'm hearing reports that select copies of the special edition for the PS3 will come with a brand new PUPPY

liza-3.jpg

(Complimentary puppy shown with Aryan Favre fan)

favre%20the%20dog.jpg

i want to kick the 2nd dog!

p.s. there are playoffs and a superbowl in online leagues from everything we've been told. why are there no divisions? no one knows, never will, mostly me but mostly you!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. there are playoffs and a superbowl in online leagues from everything we've been told. why are there no divisions? no one knows, never will, mostly me but mostly you!
Oh crap...missed that part when I quoted it... I didn't know GQ was still convinced that there were no playoffs.

Even if there weren't (btw- GQ: we were explicitly told there were), we could make our own anyway. Most of our post season stats in the leaguedaddy years have been lost anyway since half the teams didn't bother. :\

PS: come down from your cloud, old man!

GQman2121

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

In Todd Zuniga's 1up review for NCAA he writes:
"The lone limitation -- max of 12 players -- means you'll play plenty of CPU games over the course of a campaign," Zuniga continues. "That's a significant difference from how Madden 09's leagues should run when it launches in August, as it only features human-versus-human match-ups. But we forgive NCAA -- Madden lacks divisions, playoffs, and a Super Bowl in the online dynasty mode, but NCAA has everything in play, including the full Bowl Championship Series machinations."

And he's not the only person I've heard mention this before. Don't people have the game already? Can we get some kind of clarification on this?

Rorschach

Well... there are no online dynasties in Madden, so I'll believe Phil Frazier and Ian Cummings for now.

Don't people have the game already? Can we get some kind of clarification on this?
No! They must analyze the Animal Crossing trailer to the most minute detail! It's not gonna analyze itself!

LukeSmith

Talked to a different outlet today who has PS3 version of Madden:
"60 fps, runs and looks awesome. Perfect performance."

BELIEVE?

who says you didn't? we haven't even set the 32 who will be playing yet, that's just a preliminary list.

i can tell you right now that DMczaf won't be in the league unless he agrees to "acquire" favre!

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
I am reading that the Jets are interested in Favre. Oh noes!

I hope that's not complaining I'm seeing. Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens combine into about 1/8th of the man Brett Favre is. Throw in Alex Smith and those three combine into 1/10th of the man Brett Favre is.

That said, Favre is being a huge manbaby with all of this crap.

Also, isn't there some weirdness I read in this thread about the way online rosters work? So their roster patch in mid September to add Favre to your team won't activate till Season 2.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
I hope that's not complaining I'm seeing. Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens combine into about 1/8th of the man Brett Favre is. Throw in Alex Smith and those three combine into 1/10th of the man Brett Favre is.

Also, isn't there some weirdness I read in this thread about the way online rosters work? So their roster patch in mid September to add Favre to your team won't activate till Season 2.
He's already in the game...maybe there will be a day 1 patch to put him on the right team. Looks like he's showing up to GB camp, though.

We could also wait for the first roster update (which I vote for!) to get better rosters. I'd like for certain overrated rookies to be dropped and for a Zach Miller upgrade!

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:

You need to stop messing with MrBob with the online leagues deal! You actually have him scared!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:

I would take him as a video game QB over noodle arm and Helen Keller Clemens in a heartbeat.

But he has given FMT another lifetime of hatred with his douchebaggerie this offseason.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
15 mins

No huddling allowed unless you call a timeout.

:lol :lol Yes! Finally a chance for me to unveil my 'FreeBolling' strategy, in which I let Kyle choose all the plays and make the big decisions.

bollerdrunkyeah.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Fifty said:
:lol :lol Yes! Finally a chance for me to unveil my 'FreeBolling' strategy, in which I let Kyle choose all the plays and make the big decisions.

Kyle's been making the big decisions his whole NFL career; they just haven't worked out so well for him.

I'm confident that this is his year though; year one of turning it all around and getting that statue on Hamburg St. next to Johnny U.

Rorschach

Booh. Actual on field play is less than 2 mins long :(

Relive the Giants moment...'cept now you have Shockey and junk! Where the hell is Tyree? :p

Rorschach

Hope the controls are adjustable in the retail version...

oft05z.jpg

Success!

[edit] Uh-Oh! Looks like teleporting catch animations for WR are back!

[edit2] :lol When shockey isn't dropping catches, he's fumbling...

LJ11

Game feels much slower, and the camera is kind of awkward. I can probably adjust to both, but I wish they kept it like '08. Ran multiple crossing routes and DB's/LB's in man coverage wouldn't peel off towards the intended target, so I think they addressed that issue. I've got a feeling that big backs are going to plow through defenses.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Any clue what diff. level this is on? Also you can change camera angles in the retail copy I presume.

Haven't had a chance to try the demo yet.

LJ11

Matrix said:
Any clue what diff. level this is on? Also you can change camera angles in the retail copy I presume.

Haven't had a chance to try the demo yet.

No idea what the difficulty level was, but I did take that IQ test before going into the small bit of gameplay. Not sure if the IQ affects the demo AI. It's really too short, and you can't play defense so not much to fool around with.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Game feels much slower, and the camera is kind of awkward. I can probably adjust to both, but I wish they kept it like '08. Ran multiple crossing routes and DB's/LB's in man coverage wouldn't peel off towards the intended target, so I think they addressed that issue. I've got a feeling that big backs are going to plow through defenses.
I agree. Sooooo slow. I think I could get used to the camera, but the speed is gonna take some time. I wish the demo was more like the NCAA one.

LJ11 said:
No idea what the difficulty level was, but I did take that IQ test before going into the small bit of gameplay. Not sure if the IQ affects the demo AI. It's really too short, and you can't play defense so not much to fool around with.
I think it has to do with IQ, but I got perfect scores on both passing and rushing and only rushing seems somewhat difficult. The only problem I've experienced in the passing game is constant drops, but that might be part of the difficulty adjustment. "Oh...you're decent at passing? Drops for you to balance things out!"

Btw- anyone able to get an all-madden score on passing defense? If I cover one side, the ai just throws to the other. It's impossible, I tells ya!

LJ11

I didn't notice any dropped passes, but I only got a third of All-Pro on the IQ test. Speaking of the IQ test, I think that mode does a better job of illustrating some of the refinements than the actual game. You really see some cool juke and tackling animations, they're very seamless.

Edit: I didn't think it was too difficult, but I did have trouble throwing deep routes. It's probably because the camera is pulled back so far, it kind of throws me off. Comebacks/curls are viable routes this year. I felt that 90% of curls were picked off in last years game, unless your WR had spectacular catch and you lobbed it high.

Gbeav said:
Is it just me or has the passing and the overall game got much harder?
Difficulty seems the same you just have to find out what works well, basically how it goes every year. How does the game feel slower to you guys? Didn't the PS3 version only run at 30fps compared to 60 for this year?

ive said it before and i now say it again, thank god they slowed the game down. the single player experience last year as kind of ridiculous. at times i felt like i was playing NFL blitz that shit was way too fast. haven't played the demo yet but ive seen the vids and its lookin good to me!

Rorschach

I'm less hyped today than I was yesterday. :p

LJ11 said:
I didn't notice any dropped passes, but I only got a third of All-Pro on the IQ test. Speaking of the IQ test, I think that mode does a better job of illustrating some of the refinements than the actual game. You really see some cool juke and tackling animations, they're very seamless.
Yeah, the IQ tests seems much smoother. I actually have more fun with the running back IQ test than with the SB "moment". The game just feels so slow and...dare I say it...CANNED!

Edit: I didn't think it was too difficult, but I did have trouble throwing deep routes. It's probably because the camera is pulled back so far, it kind of throws me off. Comebacks/curls are viable routes this year. I felt that 90% of curls were picked off in last years game, unless your WR had spectacular catch and you lobbed it high.
The sense of depth is totally bonked. And yeah, I was gonna mention the curl routes...but it seems they kinda overdid it there. The CBs now take waaay too long to stop after the WR has stopped and they just stand there when the WR does instead of going back towards him.

Gbeav said:
Is it just me or has the passing and the overall game got much harder?
Passing seems easier to me. It reminds me of the last gen version of the game. Running is a little bit harder, but the Pats dline is stacked like crazy and the AI always knows when you're gonna run.

LJ11

MWS Natural said:
Difficulty seems the same you just have to find out what works well, basically how it goes every year. How does the game feel slower to you guys? Didn't the PS3 version only run at 30fps compared to 60 for this year?

We all played the 360 version last year.

Rorschach said:
The sense of depth is totally bonked. And yeah, I was gonna mention the curl routes...but it seems they kinda overdid it there. The CBs now take waaay too long to stop after the WR has stopped and they just stand there when the WR does instead of going back towards him.

Yeah, I agree with you on both counts. EA can never find a middle ground when it comes to the curl, it's either too easy or impossible.

Rorschach said:
Btw- anyone able to get an all-madden score on passing defense? If I cover one side, the ai just throws to the other. It's impossible, I tells ya!

I just tried it out briefly on 360, but you know you can change players in that drill right? Just quickly change to the guy after he throws it. That really is the only hard drill in it though, the passing and running runs were quite easy. Also scoring with the Giants was quite easy just lobbed it up to Plax who for some reason was in single coverage no safety help whatsoever.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I just tried it out briefly on 360, but you know you can change players in that drill right? Just quickly change to the guy after he throws it. That really is the only hard drill in it though, the passing and running runs were quite easy. Also scoring with the Giants was quite easy just lobbed it up to Plax who some reason was in single coverage no safety help whatsoever.
I know you can switch after the snap, but if it's a curl route or an inside slant, the CB will be completely out of place anyway. And it does that stupid slow motion thing that throws my timing off :\

Rorschach said:
I know you can switch after the snap, but if it's a curl route or an inside slant, the CB will be completely out of place anyway. And it does that stupid slow motion thing that throws my timing off :\

yea the slow down was throwing me off as well.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i still have memories of

*Ball Snapped-Plummer Rolls to the right as soon as ball is snapped-Hits WR on a crossing Route for a first down*

Rorschach

Anyone with receivers that can break away is gonna have an easy time. Burress and Smith are killing everyone.

Does anyone know if IQ will affect multiplayer? That would suck if it punishes us for doing well. Someone who fails the IQ test would have an easy time. Well, at first anyway, 'till it adapts to you. That would suck, though. Multiplayer should be an even playing field. :(

[edit]
Cloudy said:
Damn, my PA crossing route cheese is gone :(
Actually, it's more affective than ever...if you know the secret.

Top Bottom