• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

Yeah I should have figured it out when the description said "Now available without Kinect".

It'll be real by Q2

I want to believe, but I don't it is going to happen MS long term vision with the device is Kinect integration in everything. I'd be happy if they pulled Kinect and made a Xbox None model, but I don't see it happening.

eznark

Banned
I think there is a point where they have established that the kinect is integral enough that developers will make games with it in mind, however not quite so integral that you absolutely need it no matter what At that point they will release a cheaper box. Like with the arcade units.

Somnia

So Microsoft isn't charging developers for patches anymore since the beginning of this year apparently. Now today we should hear about their support for indies. I just thought I'd post this since Bob will ignore it =)

Mrbob

So I should pat them on the back for finally joining the rest of the world. :p

As long as MS keeps the slot system intact and also requires exclusivity xbone is worthless to most indies. The gaming landscape has changed where indies want to put games on the systems they want when they want with no major restrictions.

Edit: Sorry Eznark, you may never get your wish:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65029996&postcount=108

Info is a little old but it looks like Kinect integration is fairly deep.

Somnia

The point is is that it's good news all around, but everyone is so onboard the hate train for everything MS right now, even good news gets comments like yours :)

They stopped charging earlier this year. Should just look at it as good news for everyone.

Ferny

The point is is that it's good news all around, but everyone is so onboard the hate train for everything MS right now, even good news gets comments like yours :)

They stopped charging earlier this year. Should just look at it as good news for everyone.

It's not surprising Somnia, especially since Bob was in here trying to pass of that horrible earbud thing as a HEADSET.

Mrbob

More than yiu get from The xbone.

Good point Bob. Not like they can just, uh, flip a switch! Integrated!

MS will attempt to subsidize before they pull Kinect. It won't happen this holiday season because they'll sell out. But in 2014 I expect a subsidized console to be available.

$499 w/o sub $299 w/ sub

This will allow MS to eventually get under 100 dollars w/ a sub subscription.

Edit: The MS big announcement today is Unity support LOL. Somnia am cry.

eznark

Banned
Oh well, as long as maddengaf plays mostly on PS4 I have no worries. 343 is a fuck-awful studio and I prefer GT to Forza. I guess maybe they'll bring Fable back to being dope and I'll miss that but otherwise it's not like I'll be missing anything,

Somnia

The Somnia Xbone Heel Turn is my 3rd favorite offseason storyline

Trying to keep that nWo spirit alive.

Day 1, XBox has better games for me at launch, that's the only factor here. I'll have both and play on both. Infamous, Japanese niche games and other first party Sony games guarantee that.

Mrbob

I might get Xbone if Dudebro Rising 3 or Roman QTE Simulator turn out decent. Or...Killer Instinct (
lol
).

I finished both campaigns in DLC Quest. Very funny and charming game. Extremely short. Finished in about an hour and a half. I could go back for some chieves but I think this is a one and done experience. Worth the $1.49 to play through one time.

AT convinced me to buy Rogue Legacy later tonight.

Mrbob

Sony about to dominate on MS like the Hawks did to Rask in the final minute and a half of game six. Sorry, Sanjuro.

Now that Boobs is feeling really confident about Sony's position, he isn't hiding it anymore. He's gone full fanboy.

You never go full fanboy.

Mrbob

Bob what are you gonna do when 180 easily outsells PS4 in USA again?

Troy_laughing.gif

TheCrow

After "The Pudge Event" of last night, it's gonna take some time to get me back on the train. Especially with guys "trying out new heroes" or "pressing Random"

I don't mind trying out new heroes as long as they work with our team composition and you've messed around with them before, at least in bot matches. But I'm not feeling anymore random picks.

Mrbob

After "The Pudge Event" of last night, it's gonna take some time to get me back on the train. Especially with guys "trying out new heroes" or "pressing Random"

Splat told me what happened. Worse than me tier at DOTO. I'll have to help out once more to lead our team to victory.

If you and trash want to run some games with our set trilane, I am down for that as well. I can always use practice on my main(SK)

I've played with alchemist a few times in bot games never against humans though. I agree with crow about team composition as well. We should all settle on heroes before we find a match so we don't end up with a clusterfuck.

Ferny

The whole random thing needs to not happen as much with the new guys. Mess with a couple heroes with bots so you get a handle on them. I didn't even hit the random button until I played one game with each other and that was like 100hrs in.

TheCrow

Also, we need to start warding more consistently. Is there a preference to who should be warding? For example, when we run our trilliane with CM/Lina/SK.

Also, we need to start warding more consistently. Is there a preference to who should be warding? For example, when we run our trilliane with CM/Lina/SK.

Whenever I am in game with SK or SD I will ward as often as possible. I try to have wards on me at all times now that I am focusing on support. If you want one in a particular spot just let me know and ping the map - otherwise i just ward the river and our jungle/their jungle depending on which lane I'm in and how far pushed forward we are.

I was warding when we ran that trilane crow

McNei1y

The whole random thing needs to not happen as much with the new guys. Mess with a couple heroes with bots so you get a handle on them. I didn't even hit the random button until I played one game with each other and that was like 100hrs in.

Listen to this man. He told me the same thing earlier. I'm not great but it definitely helps being able to learn the basics/opposing heroes while becoming very familiar with a certain hero.

Maybe we should get a list of which heroes noobs are good with/feel comfortable with, then the elites can build team composition from that before the match actually starts. I think everyone can play at least 2-3 heroes at a decent level but none of us really know how to build a team around them - or what most of the other heroes are even capable of - or even what all the items do yet!

I just want to have some fun and losing isn't fun!

LiveWire

I have no problem playing whatever Hero the team wants me to play; having advance notice before the 30 seconds to choose a Hero would be nice though. Whatever hero combination CB/Luke did last night in the first match worked really well, despite our loss.

Top Bottom