• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Trasher

it was mostly 1v1 at bottom, I am just the awful. I'll watch some vids I guess!

My mains I'll try and get decent:
Pudge
Necrolyte
Spiritbreaker
Elder Titan?

I'd personally wait to play a Pudge or a SB. The others are decent to start on. It's always good to start on the support heroes. Their spells are some of the most important to learn/know.

It sucks, but you shouldn't be playing carries until you know how to last hit creeps very consistently. Otherwise you are gonna have a bad time.

LukeSmith

Tidehunter
Crystal Maiden
Lich
Lion
Lina
Sand King
Warlock
Vengeful Spirit
Windrunner
Dazzle
Witch Doctor
Shadow Demon
Jakiro

All great starting heroes with ok disables (in most cases)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Game & Wario miiverse sketch stuff on the giantbomb quick look and TNT are amazing. Its funny how Nintendo came up with a decent online hook.

McNei1y

It's called Mario Kart 8. Coming to you in 2014. You should buy a Wii U now though just so you'll be set for when it comes.

Eh. Mario Kart for Wii was fun but it was so different from MK64. I just want a basic game without all the crazy items and vehicles and instead like 64 maps.

Tidehunter
Crystal Maiden
Lich
Lion
Lina
Sand King
Warlock
Vengeful Spirit
Windrunner
Dazzle
Witch Doctor
Shadow Demon
Jakiro

Screw easy starting heroes! It's all about Kunkka and Silencer!

eznark

Banned
I haven't played Dazzle in so long. I just love dropping Golem's on fools. I think tonight I'm going to run my aggressive Dazzle on chumps.

Somnia

I'll be MMing all night after work, shoot me a message on steam if you want to join in, even if not a full team (6pm CST or so is when I'll be home)

eznark

Banned
So like random pub matches? I see it in the GAF general chat in game and wonder what the fuck people are talking about!

Trasher

So like random pub matches? I see it in the GAF general chat in game and wonder what the fuck people are talking about!

It's just playing the game against matched opponents. Aka not bot games, not in house games. The standard way of finding games in Doto.

Hey did you guys win your game last night against that drow/slark team? I was watching it before I went to bed but it was late so I didn't watch the end. They seemed a decent amount ahead but Trasher seemed to be getting pretty fed as BH.

LiveWire

Tidehunter
Crystal Maiden
Lich
Lion
Lina
Sand King
Warlock
Vengeful Spirit
Windrunner
Dazzle
Witch Doctor
Shadow Demon
Jakiro

Is there a resource that lists heroes by abilities? Not like pusher, carry, etc. but by range/melee and AOE stun/disable, AOE attack, etc.?

McNei1y

As of now, I'd have enough money to pay for 5 months. I'm then getting paid more money come August which would probably allow me to pay for another 7-9 months give or take. I'm hoping I'd get a fulltime job after that part-time immediately.

I just don't want to live at home anymores!

As of now, I'd have enough money to pay for 5 months. I'm then getting paid more money come August which would probably allow me to pay for another 7-9 months give or take. I'm hoping I'd get a fulltime job after that part-time immediately.

I just don't want to live at home anymores!

If you can help it wait until you land that full timer and know that you will be living there and will be getting paid long term to be sure, don't let stuff like peer pressure or feel that ashamed bullshit influence what should be a smart life decision. besides who knows where you gonna work

and you need to have enough money to pay for at least 12 months if you choose to take that risk. I know it fucking sucks but if you can put up with it till the future is more clear you'll be better off!

TheCrow

McNei1y

If you can help it wait until you land that full timer and know that you will be living there and will be getting paid long term to be sure, don't let stuff like peer pressure or feel that ashamed bullshit influence what should be a smart life decision. besides who knows where you gonna work

and you need to have enough money to pay for at least 12 months if you choose to take that risk. I know it fucking sucks but if you can put up with it till the future is more clear you'll be better off!

This has been the mentality I've been telling myself for an entire year up until now. It's changing because it's getting close to the time when my friends' are moving out. I'll have to think about it for awhile.

eznark

Banned
Anyone want to dota?

Don't listen to pheenix. If your folks are so soft that they won't kick your lazy ass out and you keep that generation y "don't be ashamed of being a fucking deadbeat" attitude up you'll just end up a deadbeat for the rest of your life. Do you want to end up a fucking neckbearded manbaby or do you want to live a life?

I moved out at 16. Then I quit a good job and moved to Boston randomly with nothing lined up 6 years later. You don't keep challenging yourself you'll end up a cubicle bum going nowhere praying like hell you get Steve Middlemanager's job so you are three rungs closer to paid vacation.

This has been the mentality I've been telling myself for an entire year up until now. It's changing because it's getting close to the time when my friends' are moving out. I'll have to think about it for awhile.

yeah it's tough and if you can help it maybe move in with a friend to save costs

like holy fuck it's been five months since I moved from my apartment back to my house and it feels forever and I hate it but my loans are going away faster and when I do move out again i'll have a better peace of mind and I won't be tied into the area if I want to move out or end the lease early

as long as you're progressing forward with life and work you should be good. being stagnant is the worst

Anyone want to dota?

Don't listen to pheenix. If your folks are so soft that they won't kick your lazy ass out and you keep that generation y "don't be ashamed of being a fucking deadbeat" attitude up you'll just end up a deadbeat for the rest of your life. Do you want to end up a fucking neckbearded manbaby or do you want to live a life?

you'll be a deadbeat if you want to be a deadbeat

just because you share one roof with your family at age 24 or 25 doesn't mean that nor does it mean he isn't eventually going out

it's really dumb to move out just so you can be a man

also, you do know a lot of people rent house space from their parents or family members right? its more common than you think

Aspiring to be a Man is single most important goal for any individual. It is that which encompasses all other goals.
I don't disagree!

Being a man is also being smart though. I'm just telling our friend McNeily to make a smart and calculated choice and not to make one based off emotion. Also trying to save our pal some dinero so that he can play NHL with us and afford non-shitty internet.

We could discuss how my friend is doing a photoshoot with Heidi Klum and how this is the closest I could ever get to getting Heidi's number

Top Bottom