• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

I think the problem becomes that some people are thinking that once they get 4-5 games in with a hero, they want to try a new one. You can't really do that and get good because learning map awareness and enemy strategy and all that is way too hard to do when you're also learning how to play a new hero. Stick with a base of 3-4 heroes and get REALLY good with those heroes that way you can then learn how to play that base against all the other ones. Once that happens, the transition to play those other heroes later on becomes pretty easy,

Somnia

I think the problem becomes that some people are thinking that once they get 4-5 games in with a hero, they want to try a new one. You can't really do that and get good because learning map awareness and enemy strategy and all that is way too hard to do when you're also learning how to play a new hero. Stick with a base of 3-4 heroes and get REALLY good with those heroes that way you can then learn how to play that base against all the other ones. Once that happens, the transition to play those other heroes later on becomes pretty easy,

This is fine and dandy, but when I get shit for only knowing 4-5 heroes good right now when we were doing our 5v5 games it makes me want to try new heroes.

Its one or the other.

Trasher

You dudes also need to start setting up proper key bindings now so you get used to them. If I ever find out you guys are clicking spells/item abilities, I will find you. And I will murder you.

Alright elites,

These are the 4 heroes I will pick 99% of the time.

Sand King
Shadow Demon
Dark Seer
Drow

You tell me who you want when we play!

lulz @ ever being able to carry when playing with the elites! :(

Wow, DOTA time sounds real fun with you guys!

It is... I seriously can't get enough doto. I am addicted. Conflict is part of team games, soka!

Ferny

This is fine and dandy, but when I get shit for only knowing 4-5 heroes good right now when we were doing our 5v5 games it makes me want to try new heroes.

Its one or the other.

Who gives you shit? I can't remember AT or myself ever giving you guys shit.

Trasher

I do feel like I'm missing out, Trasher.

You can't be any worse than boobs. Join us!

Also, I don't think I've seen anyone ever give any shit to eznark or anyone else besides Luke who is just joking around the whole time (actually, has Luke even ever played with ez yet?). AT, Ferngully, myself, and Luke know full well what we are getting into with playing with new people. I've done it a handful of times helping out new people when DotA 2 came out. I don't take those games seriously at all.

Trasher

The general tone of the dota discussion has subtly turned. Not about people giving me shit.

What tone? Where? Quote a post.

You are like the king of trolling hatred/sarcasm posts. You can't take it when someone else copies your same schtick?

eznark

Banned
If I could concoct a method to quote tone I would own the Internet!

Lots of people imitate, none with quite the right notes of indignation and vigor.

eznark

Banned
How can you get along if it's everyone elses fault that your team lost?!

Really, you'd never have problems like this if everyone just played as Ashe.

Kayle and Ashe dominant lane Soka. I'll reinstall tonight. I have a sweet alpha Kayle skin that needs using.

eznark

Banned
I've got it on my computer just waiting to get played. Every stupid woman and kid on the compound is invading my house this week. I can't get a moment to myself.

Splat

Well now that I've got my first ever game w/ pudge out of the way, the only way it can go is up, right? I'd never solo laned before though, and I still don't know what that means I should do.

Trasher

Well now that I've got my first ever game w/ pudge out of the way, the only way it can go is up, right? I'd never solo laned before though, and I still don't know what that means I should do.

Pudge should never solo anything but mid. You were doomed to fail from the start. Not really your fault. He's much easier to play when it's 1v1.

Splat

Pudge should never solo anything but mid. You were doomed to fail from the start. Not really your fault. He's much easier to play when it's 1v1.

it was mostly 1v1 at bottom, I am just the awful. I'll watch some vids I guess!

My mains I'll try and get decent:
Pudge
Necrolyte
Spiritbreaker
Elder Titan?

Top Bottom