• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

BigAT

I'd recommend checking out the daily Steam deal for today, DLC Quest. I played the XBLA indie version, it's a fun/funny little game that's definitely worth $1.50.

LukeSmith

I was always surprised at how many of you A) had Kinects and B) left them on during our games. Although I have to say it was pretty satisfying to hear someone curse up a storm after I would score a touchdown.

I never got to hear anyone. NFC players must be more likely to play with Kinect

McNei1y

I never heard it either. I don't think I heard anyone's voice until NHL bros.

This was the same for me pretty much. I've heard Soka's voice quite often before NHL. We played a lot of scrimmages. I heard AT and CB's voice like once or twice when we played some XBLA. I've heard Crow's voice when we played some Day Z. I heard Pheen's voice playing another game at some point. NHL introduced a lot of voices to me. Now I know what almost half the league sounds like thanks to DOTA.

Trasher

I'm not to far into TLOU but I'd say it's up there so far. I was really hooked onto RDR right away though. And to be honest, Mass Effect might be up above those two, IMO.

I just started ME for the first time haha.

They arent the same type of game.

I know. Just wondering how people would rate them though. I think RDR is maybe the best game of this console generation. At least for brand new titles (where TLOU would also fall in the same category as).

McNei1y

All the Mass Effect games were amazing. But the ending of 3 was so bad. ugh.

It's worse than anything really. But somehow, I can't let that ruin the previous 100+ hours. Dammit, I wish I could play those games for the first time again.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just finished ME1 and started ME2. Should I bother playing 3?

Its a great game up until the last hour or so. Its worth playing. Just keep your expectations story-wise in check

Absolutely. The game itself is incredible. They also managed to fix one of the issues with the ending.

No they didnt. I know they made that extra ending but you cant change what already happened. It will always been a shit stain on a otherwise awesome series.

McNei1y

No they didnt. I know they made that extra ending but you cant change what already happened. It will always been a shit stain on a otherwise awesome series.

What I mean
is that they at least added some scenes to explain the minor bullshit. The ending was complete shit. Bioware really has to create a fucking masterpiece to be forgiven after ruining the best franchise that I've ever played. The ending didn't explain anything, it was a bunch of random shit, and it didn't let you really choose anything (well then entire game lacked decisions).

What class is the most fun to play? I just picked the boring old soldier class. Should I change it? I'm only an hour in.

My favorite is the Biotic/Adept. I played three classes. I played an Adept all the way through the series. My first class was a Soldier. And I started an Infiltrator on ME2. I plan on beating ME3 with that infiltrator.

BigAT

What class is the most fun to play? I just picked the boring old soldier class. Should I change it? I'm only an hour in.

I think I might have played Soldier in ME1, but after that I played Vanguard for the remainder of the series. Charging into the middle of battle like a madman was always so satisfying.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I could never get into ME. Always just felt too stiff to me.

Nearing the halfway mark of LTOU and RDR was miles ahead for me, no question.

LiveWire

Its a great game up until the last hour or so. Its worth playing. Just keep your expectations story-wise in check

Well if I play it now that the ending has been changed, do I completely avoid the old ending? Or is it an addendum?

I could never get into ME. Always just felt too stiff to me.

I felt the same way for a long time. I'd say what got me a bit more interested was the side missions with the Mako and exploring planets/derelict ships (which I think everyone else hated). Unfortunately Bioware's game design (starting hub+3 main areas+new main area+final area) can turn you off if the starting hub doesn't grab you, and the Citadel definitely never grabbed me. I would say stick with it, but, I can't say ME1 was earth-shattering having beaten it. Now from what I've heard ME2 is supposed to be fantastic, so far I'm not digging it
killing off Shepard in the first 5 minutes and then immediately resurrecting him? Why kill him in the first place? Loved the use of Martin Sheen though!

And yea, I played Vanguard in ME1, far more entertaining than any other class.

BigAT

Well if I play it now that the ending has been changed, do I completely avoid the old ending? Or is it an addendum?

From what I understand, it's mostly some additional dialog before the very, very end and a slight modification to the ending. I believe the majority of the original ending still exists though.

I still haven't played through the ending since it was patched, since the original was such garbage and completely unfixable. There's no way they could have made it good.

LukeSmith

I played Jedi, but I wished once I got to ME3 and saw vids of people dashing around like assholes that I'd played that class. Was that Vanguard?

Colasante

For me, it's Mass Effect 2 > Red Dead Redemption > The Last of Us, but all three of some of the best games of the generation. And for me, Mass Effect 3 was worthless.

Trasher

is that seriously the ps4 headset? That is really bad

Does that even fit the definition of what a "headset" is?

Dota night?

Yup.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I wanna mess around with Tidehunter. I need some options with hero's. Cant play CM forever!

Might as well not included one if that's what they give you! They have third party headsets that work on both ps3 and 360 right?

well of course to moneybags a free headset doesn't matter you're going to buy a $100+ headset regardless!

it's a headset. can you hear someone talk? can they hear you? if both of those things are a yes then i don't see what the problem is. i don't need to hear crystal clear racial slurs

Top Bottom