• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
Tom Chick vehemently disagrees with you. He was very upset at how little everything has changed

I posted that review in this thread the second he put it up!

And now Shawn Elliot is yelling at me for saying the review is actually a good one (despite the fact that I totally disagree with it's conclusion).

I can't win with this game!!

Somnia

GAF: Where we bitch about a free game.

Hell I see people bitching about PS+'s selections sometimes... I mean come on lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GAF: Where we bitch about a free game.

Hell I see people bitching about PS+'s selections sometimes... I mean come on lol

Its not free. Its for Gold Members only. Which means you are paying some sort of money for the service.

It wouldnt be so bad if PS+ wasnt killing it with their selection at a fraction of the price.

in a way it is "free" from the angle that you paid for xbl gold months or years ago and you did not expect to receive any free game, but yes "technically" you did pay for it.

however, as CB said, MS has been an absolute fucking joke with their "free" games. take a look at what PS+ has gotten IN THE LAST MONTH ALONE:

saints row 3
deus ex: HR
gods eater (vita)
virtues last reward (vita)
blazblue (vita)
uncharted 3
xcom
little big planet kart racing
sleeping dogs

honestly who gives a shit if you get to "keep" the games with XBL. i'd say 90% of the games i buy i play until i beat them and then i dont play them again. AND ps+ is cheaper!

Sokantish

Its not free. Its for Gold Members only. Which means you are paying some sort of money for the service.

It wouldnt be so bad if PS+ wasnt killing it with their selection at a fraction of the price.

A fraction of the price? Isn't PS+ $50 and xbl is $60? There's been a lot of duds PS+ too, maybe give it some time and MS will eventually put some decent games up on there. Or not, who knows!

A fraction of the price? Isn't PS+ $50 and xbl is $60? There's been a lot of duds PS+ too, maybe give it some time and MS will eventually put some decent games up on there. Or not, who knows!

but the free games for XBLG is ending at the end of this year lulz

p.s.

there have been dud ps+ GAMES, not dud ps+ MONTHS. that is because sony gives out multiple games each month and i can't think of a month where there wasn't at least SOMETHING that was worthy

CB3

I thought it was cheaper but my point still stands!

What did Bob do to you FMT?

i'm an unbiased party. it's pretty clear that XBLG is a joke compared to ps+. this is coming from someone who has been an XBLG member since the day it launched and a ps+ member since the day it launched. CB doesn't even have a ps3 and he sees that.

Ferny

Take away the games and what does it have? If I remember correctly PS+ didn't even start with the whole games shit.

Great value? Sure it is but you are out here tooting it's horn like it's DOTA or something.

CB3

i'm an unbiased party. it's pretty clear that XBLG is a joke compared to ps+. this is coming from someone who has been an XBLG member since the day it launched and a ps+ member since the day it launched. CB doesn't even have a ps3 and he sees that.

I was critical of PS+ at the beginning but its been a hell of a value for a while now.

Meanwhile i re-upped Gold a few months back for a year and im not even sure why i did that. For a tower defense game, apparently!

Sokantish

Hey man, that Tower Defense game is normally $10! That's way more value than the price of Saints Row and Darksiders. You could buy those for a dollar not too long ago. Think about THAT CB.

CB3

Hey man, that Tower Defense game is normally $10! That's way more value than the price of Saints Row and Darksiders. You could buy those for a dollar not too long ago. Think about THAT CB.

That tower defense game was free on steam 2 years ago Soka. Thats +$1 for Saints Row and Darksiders!

eznark

Banned
WTF UC3 download is 40 gig jesus christ compress something

Yeah, it's bullshit too. You're forced to have that much space free but then it downloads it in chunks. 15 gb's is 3D movies, 10GB is Spanish language stuff. If you start the download then just delete that shit it's a lot faster. Also delete the multiplayer obviously.

Somnia

It took until PS+'s second year to really become great (when they introduced the instant game collection at E3 in 2012). MS just started with the free games, we'll see how it turns out.

There's also no way to know if they won't continue the free games onto Xbox One. At E3 all they said is that they will be releasing 2 free games a month for Xbox 360 up until Xbox One's release date. Maybe they will switch over and start offering 1 game a month on One just like Sony is doing with PS4.

Time will tell.

eznark

Banned
The first month of PS+ they had Stacking for free, which came out that week. It was far from the dregs of shit that MS is pooping out.

Plus, who gives a shit? They aren't rolling out the service two years ago, they are rolling it out now. It's not like people were comparing the playstation network to the original xbox live on xbox just because it was new. Origin is held up against Steam as it is today, not as Steam was a decade ago.

CB3

The first month of PS+ they had Stacking for free, which came out that week. It was far from the dregs of shit that MS is pooping out.

Plus, who gives a shit? They aren't rolling out the service two years ago, they are rolling it out now. It's not like people were comparing the playstation network to the original xbox live on xbox just because it was new. Origin is held up against Steam as it is today, not as Steam was a decade ago.

I was just about to say this.

I dont wanna say too many nice things about Sony though. Lest we turn on the Bob signal and make this thread insufferable.

Sokantish

I agree, Microsoft should have put out like 70 games for free this month so they could be equal to Sony!

here shake, watch liquidixmike play sand king

http://www.twitch.tv/liquidixmike88

No point in watching any of the pro's play him until i can pull off shift blink epi's in my sleep :/ Once the big team fights begin, my sole mission is to pull that off.

His pre-blink combo, though risky, is easy to pull off. Just burrow-> sandstorm right away(not always needed - but i do it to further confuse people) -> channel epi. By the time they realize i am channeling, it's pretty much too late. Burrow has a 2.17 second stun and it takes 2 seconds to channel epi. One of their teammates would have to interrupt - that's why i throw in sandstorm if there are other people around to try and cover up what I am doing and give myself a bit more time.

Other than that, my attack dmg and attack speed is god awful so i will normally just burrow then sandstorm and get the hell out of there. Unless we have numbers, then i will try to body block after i burrow so the carries can clean up.

Not much else for me to do!

Top Bottom